RADE/GARAGE kits and accesorries for Husqvarna 701

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RADE/GARAGE, Sep 4, 2018.

1. pigfarm

pigfarm Fresh side

Oddometer:
    That’s a HUGE help, thanks! Out to the shop to give it a try.......
  2. pigfarm

pigfarm Fresh side

Oddometer:
    That worked great. I’m still using the OEM trim plate behind the key switch. I had to trim it to allow the fairing sideS to fit inside the seat. I’ve still got 4 threaded rubber inserts. On the KTM they go into the factory radiator shrouds to secure the fairing. It’s not quite as obvious if or where you use them on the Husky side fairing install. The fairing sides are sloppy against the radiator shrouds without the seat on. Any experience drilling a new hole and using one threaded rubber insert per side in the area of the seat grommet to secure them?
  3. SixDays02

SixDays02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just spotted this thread so few questions on the F4 Rally Kit:

1. is the 16-19 discontinued or just out of stock? Will you be making more?
    2. just to make it sure: both, the lights and the fairing comply with the ECE/EU norm? Is there any additional documentation that you provide in order to register the bike with your fairing?
  4. sati8d

sati8d REALLY?? Eh! Oh! ca va pas non??? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow - I don't know where you found that installation information - certainly not on his website - at least that I could find - drove me about crazy.

Also - where they put the holes for the turn signals certainly didn't work either - so I drilled some holes higher and where the signal is more perpendicular and sits right. To boot I was upgrading to different signals from Cyclops - they're bad ass, will upload some pics soon after I go fix this seat snap thing! Thank so much for posting that!!
  5. pigfarm

pigfarm Fresh side

Oddometer:
    Tijuana_Taxi's post about the seat snap swap and the idea of cutting the key switch trim panel to accommodate the new clear plastic fairing are the keys to getting it to work out. Both points really need to be in the instruction PDF. Other that that, I'l really happy with the quality of the kit and the final product. BTW, I installed the seat rack at the same time. Very happy with it as well.
  6. pigfarm

pigfarm Fresh side

Oddometer:
    I'm going to assume you're smarter than me and didn't make this mistake, but it's worth mentioning. I initially installed the turn signals in the hole meant for the seat snaps. That's REALLY bad placement. Discovered the pre-drilled hole covered by the graphics after some head scratching. MUCH better.
  7. sati8d

Oddometer:
    yeh I saw that - the pre-drilled hole covered by the graphic makes the turn signal point forward and down. I didn't like it there anyway - so I put my Cyclops under the handlebars where it's much more perpendicular - still dips down but looks great. 20200831_121202.jpg 20200901_113420.jpg
  8. sati8d

Oddometer:
    I also ended up using my Dremel barrel sander to carve out the lower fairing to fit over the frame and shortened it a bit to fit under the seat better. I also dremelled out a passage for the forks as the forks pushed the lexan lower fairing out about 1/2" - the fork tubes definitely touched - now they rotate freely without touching the fairing.
  9. RADE/GARAGE

RADE/GARAGE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why not? :-)

One note. You have to remove the transparent OEM grommets from the original side panels and you have to insert them into R/G side panels to correctly lock the seat pins inside R/G side panels!

Rade
    pigfarm and sati8d like this.
  10. sati8d

Oddometer:
    I did Rade. Later on I finally found the other installation instructions and found it. One side still does not reach the hole though. I have an OEM pan used for Renazco seat.
    Can I please get a couple of the rubber nuts for the headlight cover. One got misthreaded and the other fell off riding my first ride out. I didn't locate those as I thought the rubber would provide pressure on the machine screw
  11. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    We don't loctate those either - use the right amount of torque (do not over-tighten!) and they will hold.

You are speaking of these right? Send PM with an address please.

upload_2020-9-2_16-28-50.png
  12. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    sati8d likes this.
  13. sati8d

Oddometer:
    Message sent
  14. hansi

hansi Teurer Abenteurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just finished installing an F4 on my 701 E over the weekend. Took me a little longer because I installed heated grips, heat troller for heated gear, QI holder for phone and wiring for a radar detector. Install was straight forward, everything fits very well. Only gripe is when the handlebars are turned all the way to left there is quite a bit of strain on wires and cables coming from the RH side of the bike and that the top plate of the tower that is holding the speedometer and the idiot lights are held in place by nuts and bolts and is not instead mounted with receiving threads into some kind of a base on the tower for easier service .
    But otherwise as always a great product from R/G. Thank you Rade.
    Going to test the fairing on a 4 day, 70% road, 30% off road to the south eastern Oregon high desert this week. I'll post some pics and the performance of the fairing here.
  15. raschaa

raschaa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    beyond the 7 mountains, with the 7 dwarfs
    Yeah, some rivet nuts for the top plate would make certain jobs quite a bit easier. Am planning on doing that to my F3 kit...
    hansi likes this.
  16. LoneWolfNick

LoneWolfNick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can someone confirm if the rear rack will work with the Outback Motortek pannier racks? Or any mods needed to make sure it fits
  17. Andreas Rosén

Andreas Rosén n00b

Oddometer:
    God morning.
    yesterday I received my F4 701 kit and the low clamp was missing.
    How do I get them?
    Best regards Andreas
  18. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
  19. MuddyMiles

MuddyMiles n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, I'm fitting the 701 LR kit. Do I need make the holes bigger in the fairing to fit the indicators?

Thanks

John
  20. Andreas Rosén

Andreas Rosén n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi.
    I'm missing a screw for the tower from an F4 kit.
    what type of screws are they?