RADE/GARAGE kits and accesorries for Husqvarna 701

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RADE/GARAGE, Sep 4, 2018.

1. RADE/GARAGE

RADE/GARAGE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, it took us a while, but finally we have it. You can order the brake hose guide here:
    https://www.radegarage.com/parts/hose-guide/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is only 18EUR including FedEx delivery.

Thanks Rade
  2. BiG DoM

BiG DoM African Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I presume you will now include it in your fairing kit?
  3. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    Yes, the guide will be from now on included.
  4. BiG DoM

BiG DoM African Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good news, thanks.
  5. TomKüenzi

TomKüenzi n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone,
    I am planning to buy the fairing kit for the 701 and will need to mount a roadbook holder and a GPS to the rally tower. Has anybody done that and found the best way to place and fix the two? Any picture you can send?

Best
    Thomas
  6. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    Hi Thomas,

I never had roadbook next to the gps because the gps is usually forbiden on rally I have been. So I cannot sent you a picture.
    Now to the feasibility question. The roabook with tripmasters it quite big so there is no "easy space" for gps. It means you have to mount the gps via the ram mount on the handlebars.

What roabook do you have? Please specify when ordering the 701 fairing. We have the support plate for F2R and for MigTec.

Rade
  7. new2adv

new2adv Converting gas into wheelies since 1974

Oddometer:
    Hi, I ride a 2018 Husqvarna 701 enduro. I want a windscreen that will completely block the wind off my head and shoulders at highway speed, with no buffeting of the helmet. Will the Rade fairing do this? I’m 6 feet (1.83m) tall.
  8. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    Hi, I am 5.10 (1.79m) and I don't get any buffeting on hwys. However it is not that there is no wind i.e. the tall cruiser windscreens on something like the BMW 1200 RT ...

The RADE windscreen tremendously helps to convert the 701 into long distance adventure bike, but will not make it into a cruiser. It is designed ofr both highway and off road travel.

I am in Seattle, so if you ever have your way down, I am happy to let you test ride....
  9. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    Hi,

however our 701 fairing kit does well regarding the wind protection - it would be "cheap" to simply say "it will protect you". The aerodynamics is tricky and it is dependent on many parameters like your helmet, how you sit etc.

I am 181cm tall and I use motocross Airoh Aviator helmet and the wind protection is very good up to 110km/h and still good up to 125km/h. If you wear the "touring helmet" e.g. like Shoei Hornet than 140km/h is still good. And I can confirm we have only few complaints from our customers regarding the wind protection of 690/701 fairing.

cheers
    Rade
    AliveDK likes this.
  10. new2adv

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Tomas!

OK maybe I’m asking for too much. Does the fairing keep the wind off your shoulders?
  11. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    Frankly, I dont know now :-) I would have to test, but I am out in Morocco on my 1090R now. I did in January about 6000km in SA and Namibia on my 701 and I never remember annoying wind on my shoulders, but it does not mean the windscreen protects your shoulders :-) I would say it does not...
  12. new2adv

Oddometer:
    Thank you both for your fast replies. I’m primarily an off-road rider, but I must travel long distances (60-90 minutes on highway) to get from home to the trails. The noise and wind is very tiring on a dirt bike, wearing an off-road helmet. My Vstrom does the highway very well, but the weight and poor ground clearance limit what I can do off-road. So I would love to find a solution on my 701 that gets the wind off my helmet as much as possible.

My choices seem to be a steering fairing at about $1000 CAD (you can probably guess the brand) or the Rade fairing at about $1500 CAD. I’m happy to spend the extra money if I will get a corresponding improvement in wind protection.

What do you think? Will the Rade fairing be at least 1.5x better? :-)
  13. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    I know the competitor... but I have never tried it. So hard to say if our will be 1,5x better to be honest. For sure our kit looks way better! :-) . You can have 2 weeks money back guarantee, if you dont like our kit ,you can return it. That I can do!
  14. new2adv

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your generous offer Rade! This would give me a lot more confidence to try the product.

And thank you Tomas for your offer of a test ride! Seems that Rade is building a strong community here.
  15. new2adv

Oddometer:
    Rade, what shipping carrier would you use to ship your product to Canada? And what is the typical time for delivery after receipt of order?
  16. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    Fedex and in general it is about 4 - 5 days before the product arrives.
  17. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    I am in the same boat - 60 - 90 minutes on I90 from Seattle going east to get to the "ggod stuff". I can tell you that if you "hunch down" there will be very little wind on shoulders, but if you sit straight up, it is border line. However after I installed Rade's kit, I noticed major difference between the wind "tiredness" - especially going back home after full day.

look at my ride report - even after hundreds of miles, I was fresh enough to keep adding additional miles to the day and as you can see it does include the 50+ miles each direction on a HWY: https://advrider.com/f/threads/sunday-ride-311-miles-with-180-on-dirt.1322060/#post-35271649
  18. new2adv

Oddometer:
    Holy monkeybutt Batman! 311 miles in one day! Hope you have a Seat Concepts on that 701...
  19. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    Nope, the Rade fairing kit and tank were more important, compared to my butt - riding stock! :jack

But as I said above - I think you will be very happy with the investment, there is a day and night difference with the windshield and without
  20. rogier

rogier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm not impatient at all :fpalm ...but I'm very curious about the Scotts damper mount. I have the Cycra CRM (centre reach mount) handguards and the only viable option out there now for mounting a Scotts damper is the BRP mount. But that doesn't fit with the handguards. Therefore i'm stoked to find out what solution you will bring to the table.
    Any news on the releasedate?