RADE/GARAGE kits and accesorries for Husqvarna 701

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RADE/GARAGE, Sep 4, 2018.

1. tshansen

tshansen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just sendt you an email about this... Got a KTM 690 Enduro R 2013 model and would really like the storage kit for it :-D
  2. SonoraDave

SonoraDave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I received an upgrade tank kit for my 2017 Husky 701 about two weeks ago. The outlet barb at the bottom of the tank has a very slow leak where it connects to the tank. It looks like it is only sealed with a rubber o-ring. I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet. When I attached the fuel hose I didn't check the barbed tank fitting for tightness. Do you have any suggestions for fixing the problem? I figured I'd ask prior to just trying to tighten it up. Thanks!!

Edit: In case anyone else has a similar problem here is the fix. I tried to tighten the fitting up a little but it was still leaking. I took the fitting apart and discovered Rade uses a rubber o-ring and metal washer between the tank and the brass fitting to seal the tank. There is no sealant.

Rade sent me an email and told me to remove the metal washer and just use the rubber o-ring between the tank and the brass fitting. I drained the tank and used a 22mm socket with a long extension to loosen the bolt inside the tank. Then I unscrewed the brass fitting from the tank leaving the male portion of the brass fitting sticking out of the tank bottom. I then put it all back together but only used the rubber o-ring. Problem solved and no more leak. Don't over tighten the brass fitting when you put it back together. You just need to tighten it enough to smash the rubber o-ring a little.
  3. pingvin

pingvin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought this from guy that sold his 690 before installing tank so unused. Does it look like the right parts and am I missing anything? Got a 2009 KTM 690E. 20190122_201402.jpeg 20190122_202009.jpeg 20190122_202510.jpeg 20190122_202703.jpeg
  4. RADE/GARAGE

RADE/GARAGE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi,

it looks like you have complete kit - just note, it is the earlier version with KN filter.

Regards
    Rade
  5. staggart

staggart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I see this forum is for all kinds of RADE products so let me clear that up:

I have a '17 701.
    I have a just-purchased RADE aux tank and air filter that fir under the tank. My questions/problem pertain to the airbox/filter/tank.
    --------

I have this same "gap" between the rear mounting bracket and the frame as shown in the picture (the clear plastic through-frame grommets shown in the picture hold the bracket away from frame). What is the work-around -- looks to me like we need spacers (not supplied) to set between the bracket and frame.

I have a second, bigger problem. I have a '17 701, if that makes any difference:

The stock air box has TWO breather hoses attached. One goes forward and the new RADE air box attaches to it. The other tube from the stock box goes down on the right side of the m/c and attaches by the brake master cylinder to a small black plastic box. Given that the RADE has only one breather hose inlet, what are you supposed to connect the second tube to? It's just dangling in space!! The written instructions don't mention this and the video doesn't show it [actually, the written instructions do mention the T fitting, so I stand corrected]. I would appreciate some guidance on both these issues.
  6. staggart

staggart Adventurer

Oddometer:

OK, figured out the hose issue - gotta use the T fitting. Sort of buried in the written instructions.
    Now just need to ideas on the gap between the rear tank mount and the frame.
  7. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    Hi Scott, here, here is the explanation:

a/ we know about the gap and it is there on purpose - otherwise you would destroy the OEM rubber inserts in the frame. If you tight (not overtight) it holds well. Proved on many races and during over continents adventure journeys.

b/ we do supply the T-connection. So you split the supplied transparent tube and from our small airbox one end goes to SAS and second the the crankschaft went - it is described on our website in the pdf manual (article no.5): https://www.radegarage.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/rade-garage_701_tank_manual_297x210_04.pdf

If you have more questions, please send me an email to the rade@radegarage.com
    cheers Rade
  8. Panders

Panders Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi @RADE/GARAGE,
    Could you provide an update of the timeline and estimated availability dates?

I am personally interested in the 701 fairing revision to address the light glare, and perhaps the Scotts mount. It is now February when you originally hoped the fairing would be ready, but several other things on the list are also not yet on the website so I wonder if all the dates have slipped and by how much.

I am not criticizing, just looking for an update to help me plan purchases. Thank you!
    moosehog likes this.
  9. banditobrian

banditobrian n00b

Oddometer:
    From what I can see on the instruction video it looks like the fuel pump sits slightly lower than stock once the auxiliary tank connection is made. Does this interfere with the rear suspension travel? If I happened to bottom out the suspension would some component of the swingarm or tire damage the bottom of the pump?
  10. tomasv

tomasv Check the Czech!

Oddometer:
    I don't think you would ever hit the fuel pump. I have lower my bike and I do have issues on whoops during races but never had damage the fuel pump - only the plastic under the seat:

2018-08-10 16.12.11.jpg
  11. Greg Hansen

Greg Hansen Love this Bike...

Oddometer:
    I have this auxiliary tank on my 701 Husky. It works great but the Air Cleaner is pretty nosiey. Has anyone found someway to make it Quieter ?.
  12. Greg Hansen

Greg Hansen Love this Bike...

Oddometer:
    Is there anyway to make the air cleaner quieter??
  13. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
    It does make the rubber flap that screws to the tank push out from the swing arm a little , it hasn't caused any problems and it hasn't hit my fuel pump or come close to hitting it .
    ear plugs work
    Shawnee Bill likes this.
  14. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    We would like to let you know we got a new version of the Rally Fairing Kit for Husqvarna 701!
    True to our customer approach and philosophy we made in easy and affordable for our existing riders using the kit already to upgrade. For those that don’t have it yet, we thrived to bring the best engineering, design and value so now you can’t resists and buy one now!

So, what is new?
    • Eliminated light glare via a new “shader” – see better at night
    • Brake hose guard – get that hose out of your way
    • Garmin mounting bracket – mount your GPS on the crossbar
    • 12V and USB power in the tower
    • All parts are now CNC milled for precise alignment and easier setup

[​IMG]

The shader is a new addition to our kit. It eliminates the light reflection from the windshield. It is designed to still keep the aggressive look of the front mask and made from a sturdy material.

[​IMG]
    The new accessories that are now included with the kit make riding easier and more pleasant. The GPS mounting bracket fits on the crossbar and can be mounted both horizontally and vertically. The hose guard is mounted at the triple clamps and keeps it out of the way.

We are proud of the relationship we have with our customers. You tell us what you like and we act on it. The power additions were things you were adding on your own and now you don’t have to.

We discussed endlessly how to create and make the upgrades available to all of you, without having to buy a whole new kit. Something nobody else provides and is unique to RADE/GARAGE. We are proud and hope to make all of you happy with the following options

Don’t have the kit yet? Buy a full, upgraded kit and get FREE shipping until March 31st!

Have the kit but don’t have time? Buy just a new windshield, the screener with FREE shipping until March 31st!

Have the kit, a bit of spare time and want to save money? Buy just the shader with a template for cutting your existing windshield with FREE shipping until March 31st!
    [​IMG]
    Make your Husqvarna 701 look awesome, improve your riding experience and enjoy the journey, where ever and whenever it takes you....

Thanks for being with us!
  15. trevbag

trevbag n00b

Oddometer:
    Anyone know how tall (floor to top of windshield) the husky 701 is with the windshield fairing kit? Wondering if it would fit under my bed in my sprinter van. Everything else is stock. Thanks!
    PS sorry if I put this in the wrong place - first time ever posting in a forum...
  16. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    Hi, I think it is 151cm.

Rade
  17. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
    Just measured mine 1480 to top of wind shield mirrors are higher at 1510 but have someone else check too
  18. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    No doubt. Best set up out there. Love to have one, gotta start saving.
  19. kajendog

kajendog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I need to add my support for the guys at Rade Garage. I'm only a customer, never personally talked to anyone that had previously bought the kit, just took a leap of faith from others and sent the funds overseas to a country I couldn't point to on a map. I ordered the tank and fairing kit for a 701. It was promptly shipped, packed well and arrived in Utah within a week. I followed up and wanted the new shader option and Rade promptly shipped that fed ex. Its a global economy, these guys are legit, quality is awesome, instructions are a little behind where the latest models are buy are adequate for installing. I come from a engineering product development background and can verify these guys need to sell alot of kits to recover their time invested, tooling expenses and raw materials. Again, I have nothing to gain here, already paid for my kit. What I would like to see is innovative guys that comprise RADE stay in business and stay motivated to keep doing what their doing.
    Bhart89 and KiwiPewe like this.
  20. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    Many thanks for your great feedback - we appreciate it a lot! Rade and team
    KiwiPewe likes this.