RADE/GARAGE kits and accesorries for Husqvarna 701

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RADE/GARAGE, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
    Recently purchased the new shader fir the front tower be a good idea to buy 5 mm longer screws to fit same makes life a lot easier to get the rubber nuts to bite
    I used a dremel to cut the tower worked well
  2. warechris

warechris n00b

Oddometer:
    Just ordered my fairing kit today. Super excited to get it!
  3. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
    I'm posting this to show anyone how to fix an issue with tearing mudflaps on the 701 , use a heat gun to put a permanent bend into the mudflap as the rade garage fuel connector on the tank pushes the flap forward into the tyre . couple this with an aggressive knobby and you get damage IMG_3680.JPG IMG_3681.JPG IMG_3682.JPG
    Woundflatout, KiwiPewe and AliveDK like this.
  4. new2adv

new2adv Converting gas into wheelies since 1974

Oddometer:
  5. RADE/GARAGE

RADE/GARAGE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. new2adv

Oddometer:
    Thank you Rade. Order has been placed. Looking forward to installing them, and the aux tank as well!
  7. new2adv

Oddometer:
    OK I now realize that my previous post might be confusing... I'm not planning to install the aux tank on a 790. I have a Husqvarna 701 now, and I will install the footpegs and tank on this bike. But I do plan on upgrading to one of the bigger KTM adventure bikes in the future, so it's good to know that the footpegs can be used on the 790.
  8. Poanos KTM990

Poanos KTM990 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello everybody,
    I have the aux gas tank for 990 (not the one of picture, i 've ordered it summer of 2018). Unfortunately the hose bulb (see picture) broke cause of my fault. The rest piece is still on the tank. Is there any way to replace it? I wonder if i could put some quick release solution. Thank you in advanced for your comments. tank.jpg
  9. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
  10. zoink

zoink Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am interested in the rear rack for the husqvarna 701 enduro. There's no underside shots that I can find of the rack. Are these two bolts in this picture used to mount a rear support/bumper type object
    701-rack5-400x280.jpg

like in this image of the perun rear rack

IMG_3079_large.jpg

Also do you have a weight figure for the complete rack setup? Thanks.
  11. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    Hi,

a/ no we dont have such "bumper", because we have bents on the sides and reinforcement via the welding in the corners
    b/ our rack is from aluminium so both parts are less 1KG

Regards
    Rade
  12. new2adv

Oddometer:
    I installed the auxiliary fuel tank last night, as per the instructions on the website. Tried to start the bike this morning, it won't start. D'oh!

I have about 3-4 litres of fuel in the OEM fuel tank. No fuel in the auxiliary tank. The petcock is closed.

I can hear the fuel pump prime when I turn the key on.

Before I tear this apart - any ideas on what I should check? Any common issues with this installation? Thanks in advance.
  13. Tijuana_Taxi

Tijuana_Taxi Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Make sure the stock quick release fuel line connector is fully snapped together.
    KiwiPewe likes this.
  14. new2adv

Oddometer:
    Yup, thanks, that's a good idea. I checked it - pulled it apart, put it back together, it's definitely connected. Stupid thing still won't start.

Pulled the pump out of the tank, it whirs and spins when I turn the key just like I thought it was.

There's a bunch of plumbing inside the tank - two fuel lines, wires to power the pump, a screen on the pump intake and a filter downstream from the pump. I'm learning lots here... but I just want this thing to run!

I guess I'll have to go back to basics - spark, air, fuel...
  15. new2adv

Oddometer:
    So, I checked the fuel connector again and damn if it wasn't quite connected! It went together but it didn't "click". Once I got the two pieces solidly clicked together, the motor started no problem. Thanks again for the tip.
    GalacticGS, KiwiPewe and Tijuana_Taxi like this.
  16. DirtJack

DirtJack Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Always use a bit of lube on the male portion of the connector (including the O ring). It will make the next use of the connector much easier.
  17. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    This is the most common issue - we have seen few people pulling their bikes a part only to find they only need to "fully" insert the quick connect...
  18. new2adv

Oddometer:
    Overall I’m happy with the aux fuel tank. I did notice that fuel was leaking out of the vent on the cap. I used some safety wire to secure the vent tube to the cap and that seemed to stop the leak.
  19. Rusty99

Rusty99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi I am also having an issue with the vent tube falling off, lost one somewhere in Scotland ! Have put another tube on but as said before the nipple is so small that the pipe just comes loose after awhile.
    I like the metal cap, but don't really want to start gluing pipes on as petrol will eventually dissolve it. Is there another cap metal preferably that will fit the Rade tank.
  20. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
    Get rid of the metal cap and get a small KTM plastic one solves problem of vent tube and also the metal cap thread was so sharp it was cutting into the plastic tank every time you take it off and put it back on.