RADE/GARAGE kits and accesorries for Husqvarna 701

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RADE/GARAGE, Sep 4, 2018.

1. ridefire

ridefire Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Rade, I am wondering if its possible to fit baja designs squadron lights to your rally kit? Thanks.
    GR8ADV likes this.
  2. ALF2FAST

ALF2FAST n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Rade. First of all congratulations for your brilliant work!! I have a brand new 690 2019. Im going to order the fuel tank, but Im interested as well on the rack set. Does the 701 model fit on 690´s ???
  3. GR8ADV

GR8ADV Safety Second!

Oddometer:
    I am thinking of going this way as well. But note their lights are plenty bright enough for the trail at trail speeds with good side lighting. At highway speeds I want more.

It would be great if Rade would make a simple bottom mount bracket and have a ‘light delete’ option for the fairing. But hey it’s not my business. Lol
  4. outbackflyer

outbackflyer Of.

Oddometer:
    Remove the rubber gasket from the cap and try again
  5. LMR

LMR Last Minute Ryan

Oddometer:
    I finished installing the 701 aux tank yesterday and I am starting to wonder about the refilling functionality described on the R/G site.

The @RADE/GARAGE website refers to the added ability to refill in front of the seat.
    Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 11.42.14 AM.png

Ultimately, I am hoping that I can use the front filler only once the tanks are stabilized and the fuel will be able to freely flow from the aux tank to the OEM tank.

When I went to fill the aux tank for the first time I left the petcock in the open position and I removed the rear (OEM) fuel filler.

I then filled the OEM tank. Now both tanks are full but I still don't feel confident that the fuel is able to flow freely between them.

One 701 aux tank user Tim Hewitt mentions similar issues in his install: https://www.travellinghewitts.com/rade-garage-fuel-tank-alternate-install/
    Tim says: "The only issue I had was that initially fuel did not flow; I blew in the filler for the Rade tank and cleared the air-lock in the pipe and the problem was solved."​

Question for all 701 aux tank users: Is it reasonable to assume that once the tanks are both full that I'll be able to use just the front filler?
    And if so, do you have any recommendations for how get the fuel flowing freely between the two tanks? Is blowing into the filler really the solution needed?
  6. GR8ADV

GR8ADV Safety Second!

Oddometer:
    I think the front tank is higher than the rear tank. Hydraulics says that all connected liquid levels will strive to maintain the same level. If the valve is open with both tanks full the rear tank will overflow until both tanks have the same level. I use the rear tank until empty or the light comes on then switch to the front tank.
    Hope that helps but possibly I completely misunderstood your question.
  7. LMR

LMR Last Minute Ryan

Oddometer:
    I think that all makes sense. The part I'm curious about is when you fill up the tanks, do you just fill from the font filler?
  8. GR8ADV

GR8ADV Safety Second!

Oddometer:
    Close the valve and fill both separately.
  9. LMR

LMR Last Minute Ryan

Oddometer:
    Good to know. Yeah, if that's the way I end up doing it that will be a minor disappointment. I was really looking forward to not having to remove my rear luggage while on camping / backcountry trips every time I need to fuel up.

@GR8ADV thank you for the insight. I'd be curious if anyone else had a different experience with this aux tank where they're able to fuel up using only the front filler?
  10. GR8ADV

GR8ADV Safety Second!

Oddometer:
    You can use the front (only) if you want. Just fill until the rear overflows then close the valve and fill the remaining of the front.
  11. LMR

LMR Last Minute Ryan

Oddometer:
    Hmm. Makes sense. I still haven't burned through my first full tank with the new setup. I suppose I'll find out when I go to fill up for the second time whether the fuel does in fact flow freely between the two tanks. I trust that you are right about this @GR8ADV, but I just haven't been able to confirm it personally yet.

As another point of reference, there's an alternate install where the fuel line goes directly from the aux tank to the OEM filler vent.

12. Toejamii

Toejamii Still Learning

Oddometer:
    I did have problems with fuel flowing between the tanks but it was the petcock that came with the kit was stuffed
    Bought one from Ballard’s and the system works great generally I ride approx 100 K and then open the petcock
  13. outbackflyer

outbackflyer Of.

Oddometer:
    Fuel will flow freely from aux tank to main tank (and visa versa) only when the level in either is lower. (Ie if there’s somewhere for the fuel to go)the flow will stop when this ( connected) fuel level is equal.Top level of aux tank is about 80 mm higher than top level of main, representing aprox 500 ml of fluid. When main and aux have both been filled to the top and if tap open , main will overflow out main vent by aprox 500 ml, so with both tanks filled, tap should be in closed position, then open it anytime after 500 ml of fuel is used. At the bowser, if you were to try to fill the main by filling the aux only this would take several hours, as you would be Raising the weight of 13 litres of fuel using the weight of 500 ml of fuel located just 80 mm higher, if you remember that the aux hose enters the main tank at the bottom it should all make sense. Best practice is with tap closed,fill both tanks, ride till fuel light comes on then open tap, ride on knowing you have ( the reserve) plus 6 litres on hand after which the fuel light will again warning you that you have around 2 litres remaining.
    felixblack1 likes this.
  14. Tijuana_Taxi

Tijuana_Taxi Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would like to bring something to your attention on your small airbox kit for the 701 that comes with the aux tank and storage kit. Where the air temp sensor is drilled as delivered(unless you've updated it) it will come in contact with the quick disconnect on the stock fuel line and sometimes disconnect it. There is room underneath the airbox if you move the drill location to the bottom and will not interfere with anything. My apologies if this has already been changed but I noticed in a previous post that one of the most common problems with the bike not starting after install was the disconnect. Just trying to help.
    IMG_20190707_123313.jpg

Attached Files:

NSFW, NoelJ and dstutz like this.
  15. kyckling

kyckling n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi forum!

So after less than 3 months of using my Husqy 701 Led mask. It has started to crack around the sqrew places. Not sure if I have done something wrong or if it's the material that is bad. But im at the same time sending a e-mail with pictures to Rade Garage. Hoping they will help me solve this problem.
    IMG_20190913_190853.jpg IMG_20190913_190845.jpg IMG_20190913_153022.jpg IMG_20190913_153002.jpg IMG_20190824_201407.jpg IMG_20190823_165327.jpg
  16. GR8ADV

GR8ADV Safety Second!

Oddometer:
    Sure looks like everything was way too tight. Don’t they provide rubber inserts to thread into?
    dooby likes this.
  17. Rusty99

Rusty99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There seems to be a rubber part missing from the screw ?
    I have actually lost 3 of mine when I was doing some work on the bike (gone nuts looking for them) and asked where I could get some more and was told from a normal hardware store !
    20190421_094754.jpg
  18. Maugrim

Maugrim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi, will the auxiliary tank for the 701 fit the 2020 701?
  19. RADE/GARAGE

RADE/GARAGE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unlikely that the existing 701 tank will fit. However if all of the info we have is correct, the tank we developed for the KTM 690 2019 will fit. but we need to get our hands on the 2020 701 version, strip down the plastics and see if it is really the same frame in blue or if they made any other changes. Even a single relocation of a bolt may change a product fit
  20. new2adv

new2adv Converting gas into wheelies since 1974

Oddometer:
    Hey Rade! Something very strange on your website today. The home page displays for a short time, then my browser is re-directed to some other website that asks me to update my Flash player. Has your website been hacked?
    Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 9.06.26 AM.png