RADE/GARAGE kits and accesorries for Husqvarna 701

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RADE/GARAGE, Sep 4, 2018.

1. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    Hi @RADE/GARAGE - I just installed your skidplate on my 2019 690 and thought I'd give some feedback.
    1) The rear mounts - using 2 pieces of rubber leaves the bolt too short to thread into the nut enough unless you REALLY crank down on it. I got the bolt flush with the top of the nut, but it ended up cracking the OEM plastic piece on one side. Ideally, it'd be great if it included metal replacements for the OEM plastic parts that don't require rubber spacers and would be more durable.
    2) The front bracket didn't quite line up with the mounts on the frame - they were a little too far forward. I think the holes for the rear mount could have been just a mm or 2 further forward to make this part easier. If I do it again, I might attach the bracket to the bike first, then attach the plate to the bracket.
    3) The small plate for the rear brake master cylinder could do with some extra hardware. The large M8 bolt on the side felt unsupported since the hole is recessed behind the plate - I happened to have a plastic spacer that fit perfectly to fill in the area around the shank of the bolt. I also added a washer for the M8. On the M6, I decided to install the bolt up from underneath since having the button head on the bottom seemed less exposed than the nut.
    4) Do you know of any way to fit the cover on that's a more secure? The pins are convenient, but I'd like to be able to attach it in a way that requires a tool or a key to get into for some of the places I plan on going.

Overall I'm really happy with it - it looks great and the storage will be super convenient!

I have the aux tank to install this weekend - looking forward to some real fuel range.
    NSFW likes this.
  2. RADE/GARAGE

RADE/GARAGE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback - few comments:

1) Can you send us a picture to team at radegarage dot com? We never got similar feedback, the suspicion (based on your point #2) is that your bash plate was positioned too much forward and thus not in the correct position. We installed many of these as did other customers and never got this feedback.

2) That is the correct (easier way). Also when cleaning/doing maintenance, leave the bracket on the bike and only remove the plate.

3) It is going through and is not unsupported - looked at the picture below, where you can see it's doing great job protecting as the rocks banged against it. Also the nut does not provide more exposure, but flipping it is fine. What would you have us change here?
    upload_2020-2-12_12-35-18.png

4) One idea would to drill a bigger hole into the block and use a secure head screw with a nylon nut. However we can tell you that 99.9% people don't know there is a storage down there - point being a stolen tent and other stuff from a bike in Baja, but not touched that storage space
  3. AllSeasonRider

AllSeasonRider Wandering, maybe a little lost...

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. Some feedback again:
    1) The problem isn't anything to do with the skidplate, per se. It really comes down to the fact that the factory skid plate bolts (I think they're T45 or T50 torx fasterners) are a little too short.

2) Thanks - will go about this way going forward.

3) Mine has a little more of a gap under the front. I don't think it will be a problem, and if I didn't just happen to have the extra hardware I wouldn't have just gone without and not worried about it. Installing the rear bolt/nut upside down just means the button head is lower provide and less likely to get caught up on a rock or anything. The hardware in my kit was a little different than in your photo, so it's a low-profile rounded bolt head on the bottom.

4) Sounds good - and I think you're right, most people wouldn't even think to look for anything there.

Again, really happy with it!
  4. deapsquatter

deapsquatter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi @RADE/GARAGE - What is the height difference between your 701 Mask and the stock one? Yours looks a bit taller?
  5. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    hey RADE,,,, would you happen sell just the rear rack base? i dont need the extension plate

thanks
  6. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
    2 SPOT likes this.
  7. RADE/GARAGE

Oddometer:
  8. Stabilo_Boss

Stabilo_Boss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dear @RADE/GARAGE I was wondering if you had planned any of your kit for the 701 LR variant. And if so, which ones?

I am particularly keen on the fairing and maybe having the under seat storage kit. (I would imagine the aux fuel tank would be overkill at 30L of total fuel)

Thanks in advance
  9. BRB

BRB n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Rade,
    is the new F4Kit Windshield street legal in Germany?
    Regards!
  10. raschaa

raschaa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Already asked Rade that.... atm no. The old screen was from MRA and had a "Material Gutachten" (materials certification) that definitely helped in getting it allowed by TÜV. The new screen is made in Czech and has no certificates so very unlikely getting it approved...
  11. BRB

BRB n00b

Oddometer:
    @raschaa
    Thank You!
    Is it planned to legalize the F4 screen for TÜV?
    The new screen looks much better!
  12. raschaa

raschaa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't know... what I do know is that it is a fairly complicated and costly procedure to get something approved by TÜV.
    I just ordered the "old" F3 kit so as to get it TÜV registered with my bike.
  13. outbackflyer

outbackflyer Of.

Oddometer:
    Handy tip if you’re storing two spare tubes in your radegarage alloy bash plate, Lay a strap under the lower tube with enough length remaining to help pull the tube out after thousands of kms of mud/ dust has glued the tube down there. Make sure the tube is wrapped up securely to avoid rubbing on sharp edges etc. 26943283-8FC1-47FD-A9A6-368C9F699731.jpeg
    sam10000, AllSeasonRider and raschaa like this.
  14. outbackflyer

outbackflyer Of.

Oddometer:
    Handy tip#2, put some powder in a zip loc bag and roll out any excess air before sealing it, then cover with wide tape for protection, stuff this in with the tubes, ( that’s where you will need it to fit the spare tube). C3DD8C65-72FC-493A-A530-63348BB8F562.jpeg
  15. outbackflyer

outbackflyer Of.

Oddometer:
    Two tubes , two levers and powder , ready for doors closed. 7CFDE12E-0C42-4B7C-BDC8-FEDF3E4FBB4B.jpeg
    DC950 and NoelJ like this.
  16. hwobs

hwobs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just checking on on the fitment for your 701 under the seat fuel tank. I’m still not sure if what you have listed on your webpage is 2020 compatible. If it is I’ll go ahead and order the kit, but want to know for sure if it’s compatible with the 2020 701 Enduro before I do so. Thanks in advance.
  17. raschaa

raschaa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have a look 1 page back... post 141
    dstutz likes this.
  18. hwobs

hwobs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Okay, I looked back at your previous reply, posted about Feb 8, and all it says is to give you about 10 days. I assume what you are telling me is that the part now available on your website is compatible with the 2020 701, but unfortunately I don’t see anywhere in the part listing that it specifically states so. I just don’t want to throw down over $500 on an order that has to ship to the US and find out it’s not the right part. I’m just asking if it is compatible with the 2020 701 or not. I’m not trying to be difficult, I just want to ensure I’m ordering the correct item for my bike. Thanks for understanding.
  19. raschaa

raschaa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the misunderstanding... I am in no way affiliated with Rade Garage, just a normal muppet here that follows this thread and saw the aforementioned post and thought that would answer your question. To get the infos from the horses mouth itself send Rade an Email, he is known to respond fairly quick (at least in my case)...
    :beer
    hwobs likes this.
  20. hwobs

hwobs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply, I’ve sent him one so hopefully I’ll hear back.