RADE/GARAGE kits and accesorries for KTM 1090/1190 Adventure

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RADE/GARAGE, Nov 23, 2018.

1. davevh

davevh At the dirt

Oddometer:
    Have about 400 miles on this now. Lights are a significant improvement, even quite a bit better than the 1290 LED's. Taken it up to 90 and for my height, 6'3" there is a lot less buffeting than stock and pretty much just clean air to my helmet. I have not noticed flex on the windshield, though that is not something I looked out for. The way it is mounted and with the curvature of the design I cannot imagine it distorting much.

If you reference the photos you can see that the windshield is mounted at 6 points so yeah, pretty rigid.

Attached is a recent trip to Arkansas, 0 issues.

Hope that helps!

Attached Files:

runehogh likes this.
  2. 2LTwhlrider

2LTwhlrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just started looking at the Rade kit and found this thread and am curious now that several inmates have had a few months with their kits, what thoughts you have? My biggest concerns are wind buffeting (I wear a visor on my helmet and am 6'2 with a tall seat so about the height of a 6'3 rider) and improving the lighting. Rather than new LED bulbs and a new aftermarket windscreen, the Rade solution may bundle everything in one kit. @daveh noted how well his worked and I'm near his height so interested in the other experiences and if over time things are still working out well.
    Also do the lights work as well than LED replacement bulb options out there - or perhaps better?
    Lastly, is there any issue with the windscreen "glowing" at night from the lights?
    It sounds like Rade has been open to the installation input provided so mainly concerned about functionality and how things are holding up. Thx
    ScooterNoMore likes this.
  3. STLR

STLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Steve,

Unfortunately I no longer have the bike, but I did put it through its paces when I did. My only concern with any windshield/fairing like this is quick parts availability as I am hard on my off road bikes. I had no concerns with the light pattern/throw and never tried a replacement LED so cannot comment on that difference. There is a slight glow due to bleeding over, but the Rade crew did a decent job of isolating the light housing and cover. I did not experience unsettling buffeting but I am also shorter than you at 5'10" (even though it's more dependent on torso length). I have sold bikes due to buffeting alone that I could not get corrected.

Overall I was very pleased and wish you the best!
    Hopey likes this.
  4. 2LTwhlrider

2LTwhlrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wes, great feedback and you touched on good points. Hopefully, MRA will continue to supply Rade with replacements.
    Thanks much
    STLR likes this.
  5. Fastindian

Fastindian n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll add my 2 cents to this.
    I purchased the kit and the delivery was quick. But...

As previous guys, the instructions are bad. The video skips over important details and the pdf skips over others. I had to jumps back and forth between the 2.
    Why do you put 2 types of seals in the package, which do we use?
    I am left with hardware as well, why?
    A few holes did not align properly and when you pay 600 euros it's a disgrace to be honest.

The products looks great and I have yet to test the screen and the lights properly but really RADE get you act together and offers a product/service that matches your prices.
  6. RADE/GARAGE

RADE/GARAGE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I am sorry for inconvenience, on the other hand this is not standard feedback we get from customers buying 1090 RR kit.
    We have already improved the instructions based on customers feedback and they approved it as good now - I just want to say WE DO CARE about the cutomer service!

Now to help you with installation. Please what you see as miss-leading in our instructions?
    Also please send me pictures what is not agligned? I am sure we will sort it out.

The best if you send me email to rade@radegarage.com

Thanks Rade
  7. 2LTwhlrider

2LTwhlrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just completed the install of the RR kit and here are some of my experiences and feedback to add to the discussion:
    -Communication with Rade was quick and easy. He was very responsive to my many questions before and after the purchase.
    - I too had a few extra nuts and 2 types of seal tape. Extra bolts/nuts are always appreciated and I sent Rade a PM about the tape and he provided the insight needed to complete the install with the correct sealing tape.
    -Found that installing the distance spacers by hand then screwing one of the supplied bolts into the end, I was able to tighten it and then just back out the bolt while holding onto the spacer worked fine.
    -Adjusted the lights before installing the mask or windscreen but found the supplied LSK headlight instructions provided incorrect measurements. The LSK installation guide lists "A" (ground to center of headlight at 10 m -~33ft) to be 0.15m, which is about 6" with my math. That does not sound correct.
    -Aligning the headlight cover, headlight mask, and windscreen were a bit of a challenge as many have commented. Parts did not line up like a KTM powerparts accessory but I kept the these items loose until all the threads were started in their respective nuts, then tightened.
    -Final alignment issues for me were: The headlight cover sits about 3mm closer to the right (nearer the to the right inside of the rr windshield when looking at the bike). The top/outer edges of the orange decal does not align with the outer cut line of the upper part of the headlight cover (mine was a couple mm's narrow on both sides in the upper section). The top light does not sit concentric in the carbon headlight mask, although the bottom light is centered fine. Lastly the headlight cover bolt holes are too narrow and force the upper part to bow away from the carbon mask. I doubled the sealing tape in this area to get a seal and hopefully keep water out. I suppose I could do some tweaking with the dremel tool, but these alignment comments are not really noticeable unless inspecting for fit and finish detail. Pics are available if anyone would find helpful.
    -After my first brief ride I found the wind protection to be a huge improvement over the stock windscreen (which was one of the main reasons for the purchase). I'm 6'2" and ride with a tall seat and found good protection from about the shoulders down and air coming at my helmet but it seems to be clean air and not turbulent like the stock screen.
    - The other main reason for the purchase were to improve the lights, and do they work! Very pleased and would be glad to post pics if anyone is interested.
    - Finally, I think the kit looks great and that's always a good thing.

Overall very happy with the purchase and am glad Rade and his company provide innovative kits like this.
    ScooterNoMore and Sxywrxy like this.
  8. Sxywrxy

Sxywrxy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pls post pics of fit and finish (details)
  9. 2LTwhlrider

2LTwhlrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The bottom light fits perfect, the top is not centered with the mask. ...left and right gaps

1090 front lights.jpg 1090 top light.jpg 1090 left gap.jpg 1090 right gap.jpg
  10. 2LTwhlrider

2LTwhlrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A little hard to see the layers of material in the photo, but the two layers of sealing tape are noted in orange and is only doubled up in the area in the photo to fill the gap. The green arrows are the to the headlight cover.

Again, overall very happy with the product since most of this could be worked out with some time using the dremel and elongating some holes.
    1090 top gap.jpg