Rade Garage Review

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by craigincali, Jun 13, 2014.

1. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    I recently ordered a 990RR windscreen and lights from Rade Garage. I must say dealing with him was VERY easy. He communicated well and responded quickly to all my inquires. I received the package in 10 days from the time I placed my order. I immediately installed it. It did not come with any instructions but it is so straight forward I really don't see this as a problem. He advertises this package as a " plug and play" and I must say it truly is.It took my about 30 minutes from start to finish including taking the time to adjust the headlights.

I was originally going to buy a Rally Raid screen and some Baja Designs lights but I thought this was less expensive and would solve both problems at once (plus the bling factor). I have ridden with it for a week now and it has reduced bobble head quit a bit. I had a KTM touring screen on for awhile and that caused major vibration on my helmet. I switched to a MOOSE shorty but that didn't help much either. This has solved the problem for the most part. I still get a little bobble head but not nearly as much as before. It is now tolerable with my visor on my helmet and when II remove the visor there is zero bobble head. The lights work really good, not as good as Baja Designs Squadron lights but they are an enormous improvement over stock. I no longer feel I need to add additional lighting to the bike.

The fitment was very good. Pretty much exactly as the stock windscreen, not like the Moose shorty which took a lot of massaging to make it fit. Overall it was a great purchase and Rade was willing to answer all my pre purchase questions without hesitation. I always try to support inmates whenever I can and now it looks like I will have to do the ABS relocation so I can buy his under the seat tank! Great product Rade !!

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with him at all. Just trying to give a review that someone else might find helpful

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    iluso, DistortedAxis and chanimal like this.
  2. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice write up.

I ordered the setup from Rade a couple months ago and it is sitting at my place in Calgary as my bike is in a container somewhere on the Med heading from North Africa to Calgary. I should get the bike mid-July when I will also do the install.

I will agree that Rade was great to deal with and communicated perfectly. He shipped quick and it arrived on time,

I can't comment on the install or anything as I haven't installed yet (see above!).
  3. Jean-Ma

Jean-Ma Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nothing more to say on my side. Rade is very professional and his product is very well finished and easy to install. "Plug&Play" is a matter of fact. I had a little tiny issue with my screen (maybe a default in the manufacturing) and Rade didn't discuss the issue. He has decided to change it straight away with a brand new one. I should receive it these coming days.

I will again place orders to him without hesitation.

Cheers.

Jean-Ma

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
  4. supercreep

supercreep _______________

Oddometer:
    i've got a carbon windscreen and an underseat tank from rade - top quality parts and a great guy to deal with!
  5. ADVill

ADVill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ant problems getting used to it being opaque?
  6. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    Opaque??? It is solid, carbon fiber. You cannot see thru it at all. It doesn't bother me. When I ride off road and I am standing up I can see over it just fine.
  7. Unkgd

Unkgd Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Craig,
    Are you going to relocate or remove the ABS?
    If you relocate it, where do you put the ABS unit?
  8. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    I don't know. I had third fuel tank (neduro) and I really didn't need it so i sold it. In all honesty I would probably just get a Rotpak set up. Easier and cheaper.
  9. ADVill

ADVill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Opaque means you can't see thru it :)
    AliveDK likes this.
  10. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    I thought you meant dull, stupid or unintelligent....sorry
  11. OrangeDevil37

OrangeDevil37 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so after 6-7 months how is the screen holding up and is there anything that bugs you about it? im interested in getting this setup soon but would like to here more from people who have it.
  12. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can't complain about the screen. The light bleed is the only issue, but some foam fixed that. Looks great. Good light. I still get buffeting, but that is the nature of the bike and ADV helmets. The quality is great and it fits in like stock.
  13. BajaBound990

BajaBound990 Red Dragons

Oddometer:
    That's good to hear. I ordered my rade set about two weeks ago. he was backed up about two weeks for production so hopefully i see it in the next couple weeks. Its going to be a nice addition to the 12" baja designs lights i have on the the bike. Craigincali just remove the ABS thats what i did it really dosnt work that well any way plus you can go to a high fender setup much easier and lose all the weight and gain storage under the seat.
  14. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    I love my screen. No complaints. It still looks as good as the day I installed it. No fading, no spider cracks, no, nothing, nada, zip, zero. I haven't crash tested it yet...yet.
  15. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    I am not a fan of the high fender, I don't ride in mud so its not an issue for me. Rocks on the other hand, we will see what happens. I am still on the fence as to getting rid of the ABS. I have it disabled right now. I like screwing around with it sometimes, its kinda fun. I got rid of my Neduro side tank because I didn't want to always have a spare tank attached to my bike and I didn't like the way the fuel line had to be routed.

Getting back to Rade. His stuff it top notch, costumer service was excellent. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.
  16. BajaBound990

BajaBound990 Red Dragons

Oddometer:
    The main reason for me to go to the high fender was to eliminate the low fender and the one brake disk and rotor to get the weight off the wheel and the lower forks. Has made a huge difference offroad especially in the rocks.
  17. Mesjr

Mesjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Mine is holding up great . Great guy to deal with. My first one got "lost" in the mail and finally showed up weeks after it should have , looked like Ace Ventura delivered it , a few cracks etc . Rade shipped me a new one no charge . Stand up guy , great product . Really changes the look of the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brooosss likes this.
  18. OrangeDevil37

OrangeDevil37 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    well I sent Rade a email, so hopefully ill mine in a couple of weeks!
  19. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    Waiting patiently for mine...:clap
  20. smileypete

smileypete n00b

Oddometer:
    I've had a Rade RR screen on my 990 since last summer - I like it a lot.

I'm 6'3 and the OEM screen didn't work for me at all, it was dangerously loud & generated serious helmet bobbling.

I had a Moose Shorty on the bike which was pretty good up to the point where I managed to break it offroad. The stock 990 lights are pretty poor so I decided to replace the Shorty with the Rade RR Screen.

No issues at all with the order, Rade is a great guy to deal with, always answered my questions promptly, the transaction was straightforward, he kept me informed of production timings, the goods were rapidly dispatched and delivered.

The screen was pretty much plug and play, it bolted straight on, no adjustment needed (unlike the Shorty). Fit and finish is very good. Wind protection is a lot better than the stock screen for me, plus the bike is more stable in a crosswind (the OEM screen seemed to add a yaw component in certain wind directions for me).

The dip beam is significantly better than the OEM light, plus it seems to be very visible to cagers (I also have the KTM driving lights and I've seen car drivers do a double take as I approach junctions).

I'd buy another one :D