Rade Garage Review

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by craigincali, Jun 13, 2014.

1. 950trailrider

950trailrider Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. B33P33

B33P33 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A screen trim finishes it off perfectly. Creates a nice even gap along the upper tank plastic too.
  3. Turbominivanman

Turbominivanman Single track anyone?

Oddometer:
    I was actually going to do that. I found some black rubber trim at the auto parts store that I think would work great. It was some trim intended to go along the vertical edge of a car door to protect the car next to you from being on the receiving end of a door ding you may cause. I'll put it together and snap some pics.
  4. B33P33

B33P33 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I uploaded a couple of pictures to FB group for KTM Adventures
  5. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone had any luck getting Rade to sell you the upgrade to LED lights that are an option on new kits? I have emailed a number of times and keep getting put off for many different reasons. If you have, here are a couple questions; how is the upgrade, what is the cost, is it worth it?

As far as using trim around the screen, this is a must do imho, it finishes it off nicely.
    20180824_085343.jpg
  6. RADE/GARAGE

RADE/GARAGE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, we wanted to let you know that we will be a bit more active on ADV - in order to follow the rules, we are starting bike specific threads in the vendors forum. So far we got
    KTM 950 Super Enduro - Auxiliary Gas Tank:

and the 990 / 950 - Auxiliary gas tank, lower and larger foot pegs, the LED rally kit and the EVO6 Screen:
    https://advrider.com/index.php?thre...ccesorries-for-ktm-990-950-adventure.1336324/
    WanderBeaver likes this.
  7. ElwoodBlues

ElwoodBlues Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got a screen from Rade Garage, looks very nice altough the inside is a bit rough. Test fitted it today, but I’m having some issues. Holes do not line up and on the front lower side a piece does not fit in next to the headlight.

Also, there is a large gap on the inside where the original screen would dit against the dash. Is this the same with others here?

Also, this is not to bash Rade Garage, screen is looking very good, shipment was superfast and communicating with rade is easy.

10DD3C10-DBF3-48CD-8B4C-74AFF3A6BB65.jpeg 536A6F5D-6B52-4A87-8CE4-32BAF6110E7C.jpeg 2C6C4FE4-82B6-4EE5-A9E0-9528FAF2C717.jpeg 5BC2FFED-A2BB-47C1-B7D8-9FDAA7CC56C8.jpeg
  8. RADE/GARAGE

RADE/GARAGE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback!

The gap behind the dash is standard - this is pay for for more steep shape and more space for navi stuff behind the windscreen.
    But when you sit on the bike you never see the gap.

cheers
    Rade
    ElwoodBlues likes this.
  9. mytmav

mytmav bike & fourby junky

Oddometer:
    Just received my rally kit from Rade, easy fit, quick delivery to Australia, very nice bit of kit. Definitely will be putting the trim around the carbon fibre screen, will hopefully soften the blow if I hit it, which I’ve never done in 10 years but you know, Murphy.
    Will be getting the under seat tank when it’s back in stock, sick of how much mucking around to put safaris back on.
  10. Rharr

Rharr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know what LED lamps come with the kit? The exc kit uses orange anodized "angel eyes" lamps and the 990 light kit shows silver anodized and orange anodized lamps depend on the photo you look at. No other data provided like lumen output serviceability ect.. I suspect he uses the same LED lamp setup for all his LED light kits.
  11. mytmav

Oddometer:
    Mine came with the orange lights
  12. Turbominivanman

Oddometer:
    My 950 came with the orange.
  13. Turbominivanman

Oddometer:
    Light output official specs are "plenty bright" :)
    mytmav likes this.
  14. dsrtuckteezy

dsrtuckteezy BLEEDING ORANGE

Oddometer:
    my rade fits perfect. no issues
  15. Salzig

Salzig Long timer

Oddometer:
    @ElwoodBlues
    I closed the gap it with a plastic sheet cutted to shape and a strip of adesive neoprene on the screen.
    The plastic sheet goes between the instrument cluster and the plastic where the screen screws to.
    You don't need to be super precise with the shape as the neoprene compensate it.
    ElwoodBlues likes this.
  16. ElwoodBlues

Oddometer:
    Do you have pics of this creation?
  17. RadoR6

RadoR6 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I sorted the inside roughness with plastidip. To close the gap, I bought a piece of closed cell foam (it's easy to work with and doesn't absorb water), cut it into the shape and used the double sided tape to attach it to the dashboard plastic/or the screen -dont remember exactly.

18. mroddis

mroddis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I installed it, I noticed the gap behind the cluster. As soon as I rode it and noticed the big difference (plus it looks awesome), I no longer notice it. Now, it's totally normal..
    m
  19. ElwoodBlues

Oddometer:
    I see what you mean, from the seat perspective you can’t really see it. But I guess I have to do something to close it off, because light from the headlight comes through. Really like the shape of it and the little bit of extra space though.

3F037609-EB9D-4D64-833D-09DF4299D96E.jpeg
  20. mytmav

Oddometer:
    Has Rade ceased production of his aux tank for the 990 ?, god I hope not, recently got rid of my problematic safari tanks and was going to purchase his tank.