Rade Garage Review

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by craigincali, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Masso75

Masso75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. kleinholz

kleinholz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great!

This is really nice!
  3. B33P33

B33P33 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure about the finish on the inside and around the edge. anyone done any mods or does it look better in the flesh/carbon ?
  4. PHXAdventure

PHXAdventure Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got mine Installed I like it Rade EVO6.jpg KTM Wind Screen and Raide Grage Screen.jpg
  5. Maoule

Maoule Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I took some fine sandpaper and smoothed around the edge, then a sharpie to make it purty. Be careful with the sandpaper to not scuff the finished side.
    B33P33 likes this.
  6. kleinholz

kleinholz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone of you already installed the e-mark certified version of this kit? I wonder what it´s like compared to the crappy original lights.
  7. Rharr

Rharr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't know, i was planing on trying a kit when I get a few dollars, a thought i had was he is using a halogen lamp with a h7 bulb for low beam. Cyclops adventure sports makes a awesome 3600 lumen LED h4 bulb and I bet their h7 bulb is awesome too. I was just going to stick cyclops h7 in his set up. If his LED highbeam setup sucks maybe one can swap out that emitter with a better one while still using the lamp? The lamps he is using seem to be a lesser known Czech brand lamp as compared to a similar lamp offered by Hella. The Hella lamp alone costs about 500 bucks for one. I can see why he didn't go that route. His set up is relatively cheap compared to other setups (britanica) and I excepted the fact that what I am paying for is the fairing and mounts, the lamps would be second class, to meet a price point. the lamps he uses seem standardized in size and shape and could be changed out in the future. Either way it's probably better then stock.
  8. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    With his "old" kit that has the 2x bi-xenon lights. Can you change the bulb to brighter one or are they sealed units?
  9. kleinholz

kleinholz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot for the feedback Rahrr!

I've thought about ordering the screen and the mount and put some nolan vor hella lights in there. Don't want to have any cheap LEDs on my bike...I think they should be legal here in Austria...You know our cops love e-marks in every part of the bike!

Does anyone know (or has already done it) if this is possible without making too many modifications to the Lichtung mount?

And how about the connectors oft the hella or nolan lamps? Do they fit the wiring provided by Rade?
  10. zgfiredude

zgfiredude RMAR

Oddometer:
    Check the RadeGarage website, he has a Euro legal/certified light set up.
  11. kleinholz

kleinholz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ¨Check the RadeGarage website, he has a Euro legal/certified light set up.¨

I know that´s why I asked for the e-mark certified setup! My concern is that the LED lights he uses are lower quality and have lesser light output that the hella or nolden ones. Maybe I´m completely wrong with this but I want to upgrade my lighting and not just change for LEDs because it looks cool for all others.

I need more light on the street with a decent light pattern without using aux lights. That´s why I asked. I think that I read a review in a german forum where someone complained about the cut off of the LEDs Rade is using, because the area directly in front of the tire is less illuminated than with the standard halogen bulbs. Saw a picture of it and the area right before the front tire was completely dark.

So maybe someone can enlighten me on this topic who has some exxperience. I´d love to run the HID version but it´s illegal here in Austria and in case of a crash I would have to pay everything without insurance.

Best regards
    Kleinholz
  12. zgfiredude

zgfiredude RMAR

Oddometer:
    Doh, sorry, I didn't read far enough back to catch the whole question..................:doh
  13. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    8 days for the screen to get to my house....wow, perfect fitment too just waiting till it gets above 40 to test it....
  14. NMZens

NMZens Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's the high beam projector that I removed yesterday to install a BD Squadron.

Not sealed.
    image.jpeg

Bulb can't be removed from the holder though.

EDIT: I found a product for sale on eBay that looks exactly like the one used on my bike and it says the the HID bulb is proprietary.
    image.jpeg

But it can be unplugged and replaced with different bulb of similar design?!?!

image.jpeg

The ballast setup looks like a Chinese brand silimar to one that I had bought for a HID conversion on the old headlight assembly. Bought it here.
  15. macleod

macleod New guy

Oddometer:
    Looks like my high beam is toasted. Did any of you bought a replacement or should I just go for the BD Squadron? And if it's better to get the squadron, which one should I get???
  16. NMZens

NMZens Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just installed a BD Squadron Pro driving combo light for my high beam and can say that I'd never go back to the stock bulb.

image.jpeg

Dark..........ish:

image.jpeg

Low beam:
    image.jpeg
    You can see that the phone boxes on the opposite side of the street are hardly illuminated.

HIGH beam:
    image.jpeg

Sorry for the crappy pics but the bike isn't completely back together yet, but it should give you a little idea of the difference. And no, I never took pics with the original high beam. :baldy

Install was a 2"x2" 1/8" aluminum angle using the two bottom adjustment/mounting screws.
    image.jpeg

Then the main support had to be clearanced some to allow the light to sit deeper into the support.
    Scro, dooby and macleod like this.
  17. NMZens

NMZens Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Couldn't post any more pics to the last post so here's the clearancing.

image.jpeg

macleod likes this.
  18. macleod

macleod New guy

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate for the pics. I`ll have a look for the BD Squadron Pro driving combo light over here in Oz. If not I`ll have to get it from the states.
  19. james928

james928 oohh sidestand!!

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    My screen fits great and looks superb

Sent from the all powerful HTC
  20. Piston

Piston Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any side view pics? I just cracked my screen and considering this as a replacement.