Rade Garage Review

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by craigincali, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Torque!

Torque! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rade, any news on the LED version? Would like to make an order but a street legal LED version would be higly reccomended over a not so street legal HID setup. Allthough the HID setup looks great though.

Grtz, Philip!
    mytmav likes this.
  2. phixmup

phixmup ride'n 2 live Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1
  3. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    Just e-mail him. He usually doesnt respond to forums until he has something 100% done. He does however respond to emails.
    mcstark likes this.
  4. xhareshx

xhareshx n00b

Oddometer:
    i just received my evo6 windscreen from rade. but they did not come pre-drilled.
    what the best way to measure up and drill the 6 holes to fit the screws in?
  5. dooby

dooby aka Frgich

Oddometer:
    I don't have his screen, but I would set the screen on your bike, and keep it in position with some duct tape or similar, and mark the exact points where to drill by poking a screwdriver through the hole.

BR
    Dooby
  6. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    Thats not right. Must be a mistake on his part. His holes line up perfect. email him.
  7. james928

james928 oohh sidestand!!

Oddometer:
    Mine was spot on?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
  8. xhareshx

xhareshx n00b

Oddometer:
    with alil work, got it to fit nice and snug. great product!
    now jus waiting for saddle time to double confirm it helps with the buffeting

Attached Files:

Y E T I likes this.
  9. markwoodlief

markwoodlief Long timer

Oddometer:
    are those the euro blinkers? LED?
  10. TheYeti

TheYeti Hard to be Humble

Oddometer:
    What does the light look like.of course anything is better than stock
  11. Unhingedlizard

Unhingedlizard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quick review of his screen and footpegs seeing as Ive had them for a number of months,

Evo screen. Not as good as the alien screen for me when touring but miles better than the stock, either standard or cut down. my ram mount for my phone fits behind it nicely as its a lot more upright than stock. I tend to new use the evo as standard and swap over to the alien screen for long distance. Very strong, as in I dropped my bike on a large planter when washing it and apart from marks in the clear coat it survived without any issues. Hole line up but not exactly but thats pretty standard for a KTM! For reference im 6 foot

Footpegs. I love the height difference. Dropped exactly right so I scrubbed high bars off my list of things I need. Perfect size for me as I like having the planted foot feeling off road but also like moving my foot around when cornering on road. Cons - the anodizing is wearing off fast on the front edge. Not a problem as my bike is very much in the "dont care what it looks like as long as it is 100% underneath" type but noteworthy as the anodising is black so quite noticable. Have also lost 2 of the little grub screws that make up the studs so have locktighted the rest and will pick up so replacements next time im at the store. I actually liek the fact I can just replace them when they get worn

Overall very happy with the results of both and very recommended.
  12. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you to Rade Garage for having helped me out for the Sonora Rally 2017. The extra gas capacity on my 690 was crucial!

Attached Files:

13. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a source for the xenon bulbs used in this kit? My low beam burnt out after only a few months use, halo etc is fine. I contacted Rade and he sent me a link to the entire projector kit. Ie, projector, ballast, bulb, etc, etc.

All I need is the bulb though and I'd rather not buy another complete assembly....

TIA!
  14. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, heard back from Rade, it's a Xenon H1 bulb and any of them are a direct plug in. I've asked him what temperature bulb he uses (ie, 4300k, 5000k etc) and I'll post that when I hear back from him.

Those Xenon bulbs are available on Amazon and eBay for ~$10 each.
  15. thebarber

thebarber Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any idea what the halo ones are?
    One of mine doesn't work.
  16. yellow zebra

yellow zebra Flying Brick

Oddometer:
    feedback on RADE: we are a South African-based motorcycle accessory store, based in Cape Town, South Africa...

We ordered in a mix of ten KTM 690 and Husky 701 RADE under-seat tanks, and the whole process went smoothly, including the whole ordering process and then fitting instructions, the works!
    Customers were happy with the value-proposition of theses tanks, and were are now planning to import another 10 for (our) coming summer Husky 701 under-seat tank.jpg 2017-05-03 15.14.10.jpg 2017-05-03 15.13.33.jpg _MG_5849.JPG .
    Well done, RADE!
    Chris & Team, Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories.
    KEELAYMONSTER and MiniNL like this.
  17. RadoR6

RadoR6 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    H1 bulb.
    Get as good bulb as you can so it'll last, they're pain to replace. I've fitted euro headlight switch so using the main beam only when dark and during the day using parking light fitted with bright w5w multi led.
    thebarber likes this.
  18. thebarber

thebarber Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any links fella, never dealt with these before
  19. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure if the halo is able to be replaced seperately. I suspect its part of the entire projector. Good news is the entire assembly is ~$57 off eBay. Search "Xenon m328"
  20. RadoR6

RadoR6 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are we talking about the same? Are you talking about the Rades Rally light with both halogen bulbs?. If so, then just get H1 halogen bulb.