Radioman Rides the World.......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Radioman, May 19, 2011.

1. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    Wow, :D

Still searching for someone to follow now that Mark has come back to the working class.
  2. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rob,

Strike is done, but the freighter backlog is long. Yikes I took a walk on the beach after work today and they were floating as far as I could see. Forgot to get a photo for you. Maybe tomorrow :evil
  3. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Dale,

I will plan ahead for the next trip, as I will be in Denver Monday/Tuesday. Will plan an extra day next time.

Mark
  4. ian408

ian408 Administrator Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    OAK has 8 on the docs and 18 waiting. Either on the anchorage or offshore waiting to enter the port.

Pretty tough situation.
  5. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Ian. Really has had a bad effect on all the people counting on goods being shipped in. Did not count off long beach but it was many freighters stacked high!
  6. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Endless threads do not belong in Ride Reports. Promoting paid goods or services is also a violation of the posted rules.

Thanks for sharing your ride and your story with us. To promote your presentations and help sell tickets. please do so in Vendors. :thumb
  7. rlkefauver

rlkefauver kefakruiser

Oddometer:
    Bueller?....Bueller?...Bueller?...
  8. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:

I thought this thread was closed.
    Glad to see that it was reopened
    Maybe the mods will open back up my original ride report

Around the World in 800 Days
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801516
  9. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. Radioman

Oddometer:
    It was, but I asked that it be reopened so that I could make a final statement. Want to honor the spirit and integrity of ADVrider and the great ride reports that we all get to share.

It was such an amazing part of my life to be able to go on a great Adventure (over 2.5 years riding), and being able to share with this community has been Amazing! I am so grateful for all the people I met through, ADVrider, and that so many took the time to read, and participate in my journey around the world. Have made so many friends, that I will have for my lifetime, and so many that I am still meeting as a result.

If people that find the report now and read it want to post a comment! Great. If you have questions about specifics on the trip you can PM or email me. mdonham@mac.com and I will get back to you. That way it will not clutter up the RR.

My Motorcycle ride around the world has been done over a year ago, but my Life and riding continue. and certainly based on the PM's, Emails, Calls I received many were bummed at the closing of the thread. Thankfully it is reopened.

It has been a great honor to have so much interest in the Ride Report, and I never set out to do more than Adventure, use the RR to capture the experience, share details to help others that want to do similar trips, and connect. :deal WOW did that happen in huge way.

Personally I did not look for sponsors or to "profit" from the trip as it was a personal journey in my life after losing my beloved wife Chris. Was encouraged to do some presentations which have gone well. But needed to charge for them in order that the dealers or locations could justify the costs involved in setting up for such an event. Very grateful to all that encouraged me to do them. Have no more planned..... But who knows what the future brings!

At this point, I just ask that posting in the thread is relevant to those that are now or in the future reading the thread!

Cheers! :clap See you on the road!

THE END

Mark Donham

[​IMG]
  11. Tuff Tunica

Tuff Tunica Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer:
    I'd like to think that even though this ride is over, the journey described within it continues.

There is much more content to this thread than just the details of a ride. In my opinion, many threads start out with a very specific purpose. Over time that purpose or initial intent may change and evolve. I still think there is enough interest in what you have accomplished, the way in which it was achieved, and your continuing pursuits that are relevant to this thread. The overall theme remains. Because of this, I feel that this thread should, without doubt, remain available for comment.

The moderators may feel differently, and I will respect their decision.

All the best to you Mark.
  12. olebiker

olebiker Old buzzard bait

Oddometer:
    I too am glad it is unlocked as this was a unique RR that I am sure over time more folks would like to comment on. I am glad to hear that your life has gotten restarted. I have some idea of how hard it is to come back after only a few months on the road. Two and a half years is a whole other thing. Thank you Mark I enjoyed this whole journey with you.
  13. arraflipper

arraflipper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hung there everyday hoping to read the next post as to what was happening on your rides. Sure enjoyed reading about them. In a way inspired me to take a longer ride. Rode from the Midwest to Vancouver Island and back averaging over 700 miles everyday. This summer I hope to repeat it much slower pace and stop to smell the roses, in Portland. Well at least have a sandwich and a unfiltered Widmer beer.

Thanks for taking time to share your journey, I for one sure enjoyed each and every word. Good luck in what ever direction you head!
  14. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    I spent many wonderful hours reading this RR, poring over the photos and imagining myself in the exotic locales.

Imagine my delight when I was able to meet Mark in person and hear his tales in person. Truly a great night at my house and I look forward to telling of more tales...
  15. Vin

Vin Hopeless Addict

Oddometer:
    Your account was about much more than the ride. It showed the depth of the experience and was really about sorting through the first chapter with your wife. I looked forward to every post and appreciate you taking the time to write something that was much more than a travel log.
    Best wishes in Chapter 3.
  16. Gale B.T.

Gale B.T. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Two of us from Pagosa are looking forward to having breakfast again with you at Overland Expo:lol3
    gale
  17. SkizzMan

SkizzMan aka SkiddMark ;^)

Oddometer:
    I've met a lot of interesting people during my travels. All have been interesting, in fact.
    Sadly, I have already forgotten some of them. But I will never forget you, Mark. What
    you faced and how you responded to it, and the journey that it led to are indelibly etched
    into my heart and mind. The example of your life offers each of us a better way to go about
    living our own.

Thank you!
  18. Roaddawg

Roaddawg MotoLoco

Oddometer:

+++++1
  19. MKJ

MKJ Married w/ Children

Oddometer:
    Met Mark in Long beach and we got to chat a bit about travel. What I said to myself after the conversation was, "Wow, I bet it takes something pretty awful to piss this guy off". That was my life lesson from Mark.
  20. flyingdutchman177

flyingdutchman177 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You and your RR are an inspiration to all.
    Thanks
    Still hoping our paths will cross soon

Ed