Rain is over for the week... Where we ridin?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Mr Head, Oct 28, 2004.

1. KillerPriller

KillerPriller Long timer

Oddometer:
    you know, another option instead of the dry lake is to run from Grange out to Slash X for lunch.

I was initialy planning on riding GS's to El Mirage. Then, after the novelty wore off of being on a very flat and very large surface (takes about 20 min), we would head over to Grange and do some single track (easy stuff).

It occured to me that Slash X (a fun dirtbike lunch place) is within reach of dirt roads and single track. Its a fun ride, but i have never done it on a GS. I am confident its do-able, even more so on a KLR and DRZ.

nk
  2. Mr Head

Mr Head Adventure Hippie Supporter

Oddometer:
    OK, we have another rider coming along.

Mike has found a XR650 to use so he'll ride that out. He knows about riding out there, but also mentioned there may be weather headed our way?!

WTF! It's the weekend! It's supposed to be shit weather when I'm at work.

So, if the lake is closed we'll make a change in plans.

No big deal.

Then when I get home in the afternoon, I can fix the drain on my pool filter, and clean the stinking mess.

My next house will NOT have a F**King pool. That thing is going to suck the price of a used XR400R out of my wallet this next year.
  3. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    I went to lunch at Irv Seaver. They have Gses now.

I picked up a case of oil but the doctor says it should clear up in a few days.. :evil

Tip your server.

I'll be here all week.

Try the veal....
  4. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    OK, I checked the weather for the weekend and they are predicting showers.

If it is raining we aren't going to get to play on the lakebed. Since it will be turning into a lake again...

My balding rear tire will not be a load of fun, but I'm game for getitng wet and cold.

Not hasn't happened before.
  5. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    Not only would it be hard to ride on El Mo when its wet, it's a serious bust if you get caught. They started cracking down a number of years ago after many years of 4 wheeler idiots tearing the shit out of the place after the rains.

BTW, I am picking up my new to me LC4 this sunday and I dont have anyone to play with.
    Maybe I can hook up with someone here? I live in the San Fernando Valley.
  6. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, we're all OC, and western IE.

Bill is up your way, I think. Westwood-ish...
  7. Redhurricane

Redhurricane Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi folks, decided to reg.

Riding on El Mirage dry lake when wet or muddy IS illegal, they take it very seriously. I don't care where we go, I am in for the ride.

What's this nonsense I hear that some of you are TRAILERING up there first?

Hogwash.

(Well if it's true maybe I can bum a ride on a trailer(**Dave this means you**)
  8. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    We are trucking bikes to Grange instead. And if the weather cooperates ride to lunch at that place out there... Not being a true dirt guy, I don't know the names of all this stuff. And being an old guy I'm not likely to remember.

And we knew about riding on the wet, dry lake is stupid. Kind of misses the whole point of the "dry" thing...

So, same meeting place Coco's at Hwy 66 and the 15 next to the Sprots Chalet. at 7-ish, Saturday. Breakfast, drive to Grange, ride lunch ride, home.

Unless we have a gully washer then it would just be misery.
  9. Redhurricane

Redhurricane Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Let me ask the question then:

Is there going to be ANY street miles? If not I might trailer up the YZ instead of the XR650.

Either way, I think I will try to get some space on a trailer otherwise I am the only one riding all the way to Grange.
  10. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    Nick will have to respond to that. Since I have no idea where we are going beyond Grange...
  11. KillerPriller

KillerPriller Long timer

Oddometer:
    i am going to start a new thread with proposed DS ride this weekend.

nk
  12. papavero

papavero Just good enough.

Oddometer:
    Quick side, I found Bill in Vegas and got to meet Mary. Nice people. Should plan a road ride so Mary can ride (untill Bill gets her a DS?). And now back to your regularly scheduled topic.

We used to ride out in that area a few years ago (Grange). Camped also. Off of Stoddard Wells Rd, correct? Fun place to go and play in the dirt. You can run the power line roads, ride to slash x, or just plain get lost.

See you Sat morn.