1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Rainbow Farm rides Baja

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by PJ Bren, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Burro driver

Burro driver dba John

Oddometer:
    Great RR and videos! Thanks for taking the time to post them
  2. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great way to wrap up the trip, I enjoyed every video you put together - really like the combination of riding footage, interview footage, and the like. I know how long it takes to sift through tons of MP4 files, find what you need, and then put it in a timeline that makes sense. Big props to taking the time to do that so us maroons could enjoy 'em :thumb :thumb

Hopefully, getting back into the swing of things isn't too rough. It took me a couple weeks to stop being peeved at being back in work bs...lol.

Great report, thank you again for sharing :nod :nod
  3. PJ Bren

PJ Bren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad you enjoyed. Not really sure about future travel. I feel like we've been limiting ourselves to the Americas, which are awesome, but that maybe expanding our borders might be the next step. Just have to find a destination that lines up with our winter riding availability.
    Saso likes this.
  4. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Excellent ride report. And thanks for all the work you put into the videos. Most people have no idea how time consuming it is to create a good one, which is the reason there are so many bad ones out there.
  5. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed Guys, Thanks!!!
    I see in the cave paintings they also had 6 fingers?
  6. advrockrider

advrockrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well done, Thank you..
  7. Krider1

Krider1 n00b

Oddometer:
    great report keep it up and god bless
  8. fuggy

fuggy Canyon Explorer

Oddometer:
    Very well done, loved the vids and music/narrative overlays. Thank you for posting. Viva Baja!
  9. overlander

overlander Gravel Travel Tours Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really nice report! Thanks! I'm wanting to take my new rider/bride to baja for our honeymoon. This inspires me...
  10. bking

bking n00b

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the late in put, heck I'm often late any way. But, on the Mision Guadalupe between San Juanico and Mulege, we walked around till we found the building, it's on the west side of the wash and takes some looking to find it. An attempt was made to "encase" the mud block stucco with brick and tin, but it's going away too. There is still an alter inside, and even robes, I presume for the priest: [​IMG]

When we were here last Oct 2019, the road that headed east from Guadalupe (we came in from the south road and went back out the same way) from here towards the coast was washed out in the canyon, and locals told us it had been that way for several years. Were you able to make it around the wash out? Here's a shot looking down, road goes away completely just out of sight here:[​IMG]
    roadcapDen likes this.
  11. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    Great report and really nice videos. I don't know how I missed this last year as I give most Baja reports at least a quick perusal.
  12. PJ Bren

PJ Bren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, my wife wandered around until she found the "mission" that you have picture. Me, I wandered a bit further trying to look for a possible hot spring in that area. Found some springs, but none of them hot.

The road to the east coast (comes out south of Mulege) was definitely passable with a motorcycle when we traveled through - guess that would have been February 2019. There were definitely some washouts and water ruts, but if my memory is correct a high enough clearance vehicle could even make it through (don't quote me on that). So either that washout wasn't there when we passed, we took another road, or we passed by the washout and the road got better? Sorry I can't offer more insight on that front.

The whole road is beautiful but it is exceptionally cool riding once you drop down into that canyon.