Rainpal Helmet Shield Wiper System.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Daz the Aussie, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use my finger to wipe the rain off....works great and one less gadget to break :hide
    Mobil1 likes this.
  2. Grinnin

Grinnin Forever N00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another thing to take up luggage space for a couple months until it takes up shelf space for a couple of decades.

Thumb and forefinger squeegees built into gloves don't take a full cc of luggage room or shelf space.
    Mobil1 likes this.
  3. wakewop

wakewop Hucker

Oddometer:
    They are not shipping units out, They don't even have a working prototype yet. Just computer animated models. They have been pushing this on FACEBOOK for about 2 months. I when I asked them for a video of an actual working model, they banned me from posting on their page anymore. On FACEBOOK, a lot of people are curious if it is a scam of some sort as,the company can't produce any working prototypes and keep asking people to give $$$. Buyer beware.
  4. Daz the Aussie

Daz the Aussie Mistrusts Squirrels

Oddometer:

Good to know. I will keep an eye on developments as I would like to get one, it's a no brainer idea as far as I am concerned.
  5. BobPS

BobPS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will get one too when it's available. It's a good idea for a product and I think it will be good product too, if they ever develop it.
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Won't work on any ADV helmet with a peak. You won't be able to lift the visor. Also I suspect it will screw up the sealing that many manufacturers work hard on between the visor and the helmet that stops water and noise ingress.
    If I was still wearing my circa 1975 Bell Star helmet it might be a worthwhile exercise to have a decent look at the product.
  7. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    I would not hold my breath for this one to appear any time soon: 51 days into their crowd sourcing campaign and have reached 14% of their $139,875.45 (US $) goal.
  8. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Cool idea and i'd like to try it.. like others, a good shield cleaner will help repel water, and turning your head helps too, as does the little wiper on some gloves.

For me it's those times on the highway where there may be a median and tractor trailers, where visibility is like being in a carwash. It doesn't happen often but it's not a comfortable 10-15 seconds to escape it.
  9. Motomantra

Motomantra Registered Lurker

Oddometer:
    I am not interested. It looks like a good way to ruin a shield in no time.
    Mobil1 likes this.
  10. CPORet

CPORet I Am Kirok! Supporter

Oddometer:
    And what happens if the battery dies while you're in the middle of a downpour in traffic?

Yeah, I think I'll pass too.
  11. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    How did I ever survive traveling on my motorbikes for over 4 decades without an electric shield wiper?
    Mobil1 and SnowMule like this.