Rally Connex 2010 Events - Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by osteo, Jan 3, 2010.

1. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Rally Connex is pleased to announce 3 Rock Solid events for 2010. They are:

Training Day May 9th, 2010
    Paris 2 Dacre June 25th-27th, 2010
    Calabogie Boogie Sept 11th, 12th, 2010

In the past we have done 5-7 events over a season, but this coming year we have decided to put all our energies into 3 events, our philisophy is this: Less events = better events.

All our events are done in the same RC format (routes uploaded into your GPS) in which we offer 2 routes; a Stock Tire and an Aggressive Tire route.

Route Selection

Stock Route
    The stock tire is designed for the bigger adventure bikes such as the KTM 990Adv, the larger BMW GS series or for the more inexperienced rider looking to dabble in a bit of dirt, but not get too muddy or over their head. These routes will be more gravel and pavement but will still visit some spectacular scenery on route, and are ideal for 2 up riding if your significant other wants to come along.

[​IMG]

Aggressive Route
    The aggressive route tends to be a fair bit more technical and has a greater percentage of gravel/double track on the route. Chances are high that you will experience mud, rocks, trees, and even the occasional ankle deep water crossing! :lol3 On these routes aggressive tires are a must.

[​IMG]

Regardless of the route chosen the length will be approx the same, 200-300km, or will take approx 8-10hrs to complete depending on the number of stops one takes as well as lunch.

There is always a lunch stop mid-route but we do suggest you bring snacks and water as you may be in remote areas during some sections of the route, this includes all necessary and special tools for your bike.

Each route is pre-ridden more than once to ensure it is both safe and passable. On the day of the event each route will have 1-2 sweep riders and in case of emergencies they will be carrying SPOT messengers as well as SAT phones if in remote areas.

All routes will be downloaded to your GPS either that morning or the night before. If you do not have a GPS, we have a selection that can be rented and we will get them mounted on your bike and you comfortable with them before you head out.

The Events

Training Day
    Not a new event for us, but we will be making some changes to the format and location for this coming year. With that being said it promises to be a good event to get the winter cobwebs removed and the body reacquainted with your bike.

One change that we will be making is the lack of rain! stay tuned as we have a super deal going on!! :evil

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://wanimoto.clearspring.com/o/46928cc51133af17/4b413731da155574/46928cc51133af17/e1ea8dcb/-cpid/601e548b700a09a4/-EMH/240/-EMW/432/widget.js"></script>

Paris 2 Dacre
    This is our premier event for the 2010 season. In 2008 we originally planned for 60 entrants, by 8pm of the opening day of registration we had 80 and in closing registration at midnight that same day we ended with 105 riders!!!

The event was created a number of years ago to honour and recognize the effort that goes into the Paris to Dakar Rally. In that light this is a 1 day event that covers approx 700km. Starting in the very wee hours of the morning only a handful of riders can expect to pass the final cut off check in around 4pm that afternoon - and still have 2-3hrs to go before making Dacre. It is these final few hundred km's that put the icing on the cake making the event really special.

One important note, this route is AGGRESSIVE TIRE ONLY, this event does not follow the normal Rally Connex route option formats.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://wanimoto.clearspring.com/o/46928cc51133af17/4b412a9242a6a865/46928cc51133af17/41f1b8ce/-cpid/62155ad3ce10d89a/-EMH/240/-EMW/432/widget.js"></script>

Calabogie Boogie
    Becoming an annual event for Rally Connex, it is done in collaboration with the Bytown Motorcycle Association based out of Ottawa area. The event as last year looks to be spectacular with lots of options in how you manage your riding adventures with the ability to mix both stock and aggressive tire'd routes as you desire.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://wanimoto.clearspring.com/o/46928cc51133af17/4b416691ca841b3c/46928cc51133af17/f5fb3da5/-cpid/21a36da14a90c452/-EMH/240/-EMW/432/widget.js"></script>

Rally Connex strives to offer well planned routes and events that challenge the most beginner rider to the most advanced, so at the end of the day when the bench racing starts, the stories are all wonderous to hear regardless of who is telling them :freaky

For questions please to not hesitate to contact: rallyconnex@gmail.com

You can visit our website at: www.rallyconnex.com (still being updated)

Or post your questions here, there will be more information for each event posted as it becomes available in this thread.

We also offer custom trips/tours over the course of the riding season, for those please do not hesitate to email there is plenty of options for Adventure!

Where ever you ride, enjoy the road/trail/scenery from the Rally Connex Crew.

Osteo for Rally Connex
  2. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    only 3 events??

How will I fill up my summer calendar??

dc
  3. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    haha!, well the P2D actually counts as 2 events rolled into 1 so that will add it up a bit :lol3 :lol3

D
  4. xdbx

xdbx Motorcycle Connoisseur

Oddometer:
    should I bring my life jacket this time?

:lol3
  5. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:

In 2006 this hole was this deep:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had to move this little crossing as it was 9-12" deeper in 2008 :eek1

Those were puddles you crossed at the Rockhound, these tend to be a bit longer!

D
  6. xdbx

xdbx Motorcycle Connoisseur

Oddometer:
    Dennis! :huh

Can I rent a 450 from you guys? I do not want to go through that whole 950 bump starting ordeal again... :baldy
  7. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    Went to a couple of these a few years ago and they are great. Going to try and get back on the trails this year. Knobbies are waiting to be installed!
  8. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

Hey D!!!! Is that my bike :eek1
  9. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    nope, your bike is white, that one is black!!! :lol3 :lol3
    if it makes you feel any better, I never submerged or watered it out!!

D
  10. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Lol, so that's why the engine was so clean, and there I was thinking it must have been because you were taking it easy ;)

Team has been put together, move outta the way for the big twins please.
  11. Groves

Groves Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How does one navigate in the Paris to Dacre event? Are you following a track on your GPS or is there more to it? Waypoint to waypoint?

I imagine it can get a little tricky in the later hours of the day peering down at a little screen :D
  12. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    The 2008 event was a lot of fun! Looking forward to finding some guys to ride with this year! Anyone need a team mate?
  13. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Sure, sure.... :evil

dc
  14. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :lol3 , yup, taking it easy!! :evil

D
  15. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    We don't use tracks for any of our events for a few reasons, but prefer to use Routes based off of waypoints. This makes it a bit more interesting and we think it is easier to follow (but some people I'm sure disagree).

I can't remember how many routes there were in the last event as we have to make them based on the lowest common denominator which tends to be something like 30 waypoints! - I think we had close to 22 routes for the entire day! That would be for a Garmin 76 model for example. Most of the newer units will hold much more waypoints and allow them to be strung together.

Yes, in the wee hours looking at your GPS can be a bit tricky, the good thing is at least they are lit up so in some ways, they might actually be easier to see!

I recall sweeping the 2nd last section in 2008 on my 450, the headlight (even though it was an upgraded bulb) sucked and it would either be mildly effective for close sight or I could adjust it for distance. But as the terrain was all technical hydro line and it was pitch black out looking at the GPS was not necessary, dodging the baby head rocks, frogs, puddles, frogs, rocks, rocks... did I say football rocks already :huh and then trying to keep an eye out on the guy with me was more of a concern!

We eventually got separated and as he was a guest from the States had no idea where he was, it took me 15min to find him. When we finally made the gas truck and pavement, I filled up with gas and put my gas cap on the edge of the support trailer. As I'm turning around to put the gas can away, the truck/trailer and my gas cap drive off into the night :eek1 :eek1 gas cap never to be found again :cry and we're 30min from Dacre :puke1

But I digress.... oh the memories :1drink

So, to re-answer your question - we use routes, they will all be uploaded into your GPS. Each team must have a minimum of 3 working GPS's. The only time you should be riding in the dark is in the morning and if you are running real late at the end, in which case you will probably be forced to take the Bail Route and will be on pavement.

D
  16. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  17. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
  18. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    Any idea of the new location?:ear
  19. osteo

osteo Motion is Life

Oddometer:
    We have some ideas, but not confirmed as yet. Chance are it will be towards Barrie, but again, this is not confirmed.

The Northumberland Forest where we used to have the event has been closed to bikes unfortunately even though there is a section of the forest that is owned by the Northumberland Riders Club - you need to cross Forest land to get to it.

D
  20. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    Barrie!:huh That's even farther away than last year! Thought about Calabogie - - Lanark area? Lots of riding there...and closer to Ottawa!:wink: