Rally Navigator - Create Rally Roadbooks with Google Earth and GPS

Discussion in 'Racing' started by RenoMoto, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I too just lost a 300Km plus roadbook I was finishing up. I had it saved and 90% completed when RN crashed (locked up frozen solid). When I rebooted the roadbook was gone. Not even the 90% done saved copy was there. Disappeared from 'My Roadbooks" folder. I'm so discouraged I cant get myself to redoit.

UPDATE: Fixed, thanks to Dave!
    MasterMarine likes this.
  2. DaveRMS

DaveRMS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi
    Hi Dan,

PM sent. What you describe is virtually impossible. We never delete anything, and there is version history for every save, even auto-saves. So, unless you started from scratch and build an entire 300km roadbook ***WITHOUT EVER SAVING EVEN ONCE*** then there is a trail.

I'll get you sorted out. I need your route ID from the URL.

Dave
    Yellow Pig likes this.
  3. DaveRMS

DaveRMS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi folks,

I totally understand the frustration--been there! Here's a reminder of how saving works on RN:
    • Nothing saves until you save it the very first time.
    • Once you have saved, just one time, we auto-save every few minutes for you.
    • The most recent changes are always saved as versions in "History" available in "My Roadbooks" (see pic).
    • As soon as you feel something is going sideways, STOP. Go back to the last version and continue.
    • Just like everything you do on a computer, saving EARLY and OFTEN will keep you out of trouble.
    Thanks for the patience and support!

Dave

PS-Always remember that if things get weird, clearing your browser cache is a great place to start.

PastedGraphic-4.png
    GalacticGS and MasterMarine like this.
  4. kclark

kclark 1SevenZero

Oddometer:
    I searched and couldn’t find the answer on ADVrider. I also looked at the road book guide on the website and didn’t see the answer.

When I printed a road book and chose the auto hi lite option, the first three boxes have a light green background. Why?

I found explanations and understand all the other hi lites.

Thanks
  5. DaveRMS

DaveRMS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Those are notes that are close to each other. You can read more about the highlighting by following the links on this page:

https://www.rallynavigator.com/fim_fia_roadbook_specification_cross_country

Dave
    dooby likes this.