Rally Raid Products BMW G310R / G310GS

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ktmmitch, May 25, 2017.

1. Dillo

Dillo Almost Awesome

Oddometer:
    We got tired of waiting for RRP levers and ended up getting a set from Puig. If you have the patience the RRP levers are nice though - had a set on my CB500X and they were great.
    cujof16 likes this.
  2. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    The boys are in the barn again..........

GWNavigator, Vampir and cujof16 like this.
  3. cujof16

cujof16 Cujo

Oddometer:
    Good one Adam. Takes some of the mysteries out. Thanks
  4. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    To celebrate our Rally Raid Products CB500X Vendors thread reaching a massive 1 MILLION views in just over 4 years, we are giving ADV Rider Inmates the chance to claim 10% discount on all orders, for the next month.

Just email: john@rally-raidproducts.co.uk with your ADV inmate name, before placing your order, and we will reply with a unique Coupon Code for you to use to claim the discount.

This applies to all parts on our website, not just CB500X related items.

Thanks to everyone at ADV Rider for helping this to happen.
  5. WoodWorks

WoodWorks House Ape

Oddometer:
    Hm. I’ve tried twice now, but I keep getting a message saying that my email couldn’t be delivered. Is there another email address I might try?
  6. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    There is a mistake in the hot-link - I'll sort it.

note. If you type that address yourself, it will work. john@rally-raidproducts.co.uk

Jx
    ZiggyInNc and WoodWorks like this.
  7. WoodWorks

WoodWorks House Ape

Oddometer:
    Thx Jenny. That worked!
    JMo (& piglet) likes this.
  8. hasselman

hasselman Motorcycle learner (since 1981)

Oddometer:
    I ordered the level 1 suspension kit. The fork kit with 4.0 Nm front spring seems to bee on back order. What delivery time is to be expected?

Got a promising email from Liz about delivery. Can't wait long enough, Xmas in the middle of summer :D
  9. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Hi Hasselman - I just got a message from John, there is a delivery from TracTive scheduled for the beginning of next week, and the GS springs should be in that shipment too.

Jenny x
    hasselman likes this.
  10. hasselman

hasselman Motorcycle learner (since 1981)

Oddometer:
    Got message from RR. Promissed to ship Monday 20:th, shipped today. Great job! Well done! Keep up the good job!
    Now it's up to UPS if I can leave for a south Baltic Sea tour with fresh new suspension.
  11. maddoggie501

maddoggie501 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Jenny, I was wanting to put in some fork air bleeders in the TracTive suspension. I had a 4mm x 0.7 set from a KTM. The bleeder fit in the left fork cap, but the right fork cap requires a smaller size bleeder. Can you tell me where to purchase the correct bleeders or do you have to drill and tap the right fork cap to fit the 4mm bleeder. Please let me know. Thanks.
  12. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Hi Maddoggie - they are the same size - ie. a pair:

[​IMG]

When you say one doesn't fit, how do you mean - actually threading in, or the size of the barrel in the recess in the cap itself?

If the thread is tight, it might just need cleaning through with a tap (although it shouldn't), but if it doesn't fit on the cap itself then I can think of is the brand of bleeder you have may have a slightly fatter barrel section perhaps? - although they are all pretty much of a muchness (even the cheaper ebay ones).

These are the ones Rally-Raid sell for all their bikes/kits: Fork Bleeder RRP 461

Although personally speaking, I really like the lower profile Motion-Pro ones:

https://www.motionpro.com/product/11-0111

...which what I have on my bikes - either way, the thread pitch is M4x0.7 - which is what KTM use on their WP forks.

Hope that helps...

Jenny x
  13. maddoggie501

Oddometer:
    The screw in the right side cap is smaller than the left side cap. I should measure it, bit I would say the right side screw is around 2mm or maybe 3mm. I went to some dirt bike stores today and they never saw a screw that small. It even required a smaller phillips head screw driver to remove it. If you want, I'll photograph both screws and put them on here.
  14. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    That is very odd? - I would email Rally-Raid directly with a photo (mark it for the attention of Adam, as John is currently having hip surgery and will be away from the office for a while now) - as by the sound of it there is nothing I can really add here on the forum.

Jx
  15. maddoggie501

Oddometer:
    Thank you. They may have redesigned the right cap, who knows. I took some photos and measured the right screw at 3mm and left at 4mm I'll try to upload the photos for you and then I'll contact Adam. Thanks again. IMG_0265.jpg IMG_0266.jpg IMG_0267.jpg
  16. maddoggie501

Oddometer:
    Rally Raid is sending me the proper cap with the 4mm hole for a bleeder. The one I have was drilled improperly. Thanks for your assistance.
    JMo (& piglet) likes this.
  17. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Glad you got it sorted Maddoggie - certainly looking at the photo you posted, something went wrong there, as it really should be an M4 thread!

Jx
    cujof16 and maddoggie501 like this.
  18. cujof16

cujof16 Cujo

Oddometer:
    @jmo -- What tire sizes did you put on your RRP wheels? Just got mine today and I remember you talking at some point (I think) about various tire sizes (esp front) for your GS...

Could you point out your post, or throw out some knowledge/insight? IMG_20190531_132042.jpg
  19. SilverSurferToo

SilverSurferToo n00b

Oddometer:
    Appreciate you will want to hear from the boss, but I used the following on my RRP wheels for 12,000 Kms across all terrains in South Africa.
    F (19" x 2.50 wheel): 110/80 R19 59V
    R (17" x 3.50 wheel): 140/80 R17 69V

I used both Conti TKC80s and Michelin Anakee Wild.
    cujof16 likes this.
  20. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Hi Cujof16 - as silversurfertoo suggests, those are the sizes I’d recommend too - certainly a 140 on the rear... However, as long as you run a tube in the front, Continental also offer a front TKC80 in 100/90x19 (tube-type) which is what I used for the second half of my trip last summer, and offers more precise steering in softer conditions like sand.

Jx
    cujof16 likes this.