Rally Raid Products BMW G310R / G310GS

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ktmmitch, May 25, 2017.

1. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Now the weathers turned and the grounds soft,and my full right hip replacement operation in May is healing well, I’ve left the Beta enduro in the barn since last winter and ride pretty much everywhere on the BMW G310GS, with our suspension mods and Anlas Capra-X tyres it’s about the most versatile dual-sport bike I’ve owned. Fast and comfortable enough for main A roads, yet light(ish) and nimble enough for greasy, rutted lanes, it really expands the range you can travel between lanes in a day, and it turns in near 75mpg as a bonus
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    A request to the collective of current (and past) owners of Rally-Raid kitted G310GSs…

Prompted by a conversation with Liz from Rally-Raid HQ the other day, she commented that they have been receiving an increasing number of enquires recently from potential customers asking if and where they could have their wheel and suspension upgrades professionally installed… and similarly I frequently get PMs here and on various other online forums asking much the same question.

Now I trust a good number of you are aware already that the Rally-Raid kits are designed to be straight-forward DIY fit (certainly with no cutting or welding required) - typically in a home garage with basic workshop tools... but that is not to say that everyone has the space/facilities or indeed even the inclination to undertake the conversion themselves, which is understandable especially if you have limited experience of typical DIY motorcycle maintenance tasks and procedures.

So we thought it might be a nice idea to try and put together a list of recommended workshops and dealers - based on those who have actual experience of fitting the Rally-Raid kits on your behalf - so that this information can be passed on to anyone with a similar enquiry.

Typically we’d be looking for the Name, Location (including country!) and Contact Information (eg. address/email/phone number or combination of such), together with an indication of their workshop labour rates*

*now I realise that some of you may have cut a deal with your mechanic, or had the fitting done as part of a combined invoice for example - and in those instances, if you’d prefer not to say how much you paid, that is quite understandable - hence asking for their general hourly rate so that other customers can budget accordingly.

So please feel free to either post your experiences here - including a brief description of the experience if you feel inclined... and/or perhaps PM me directly if you would rather pass on any information more anonymously for any reason, and I can compile the list and summarise it here on your behalf.

Obviously we can appreciate that over the years Rally-Raid kits have been sold worldwide, and indeed many countries themselves are huge, so we’re not likely to end up with a ‘dealer’ in every city by any means… however, we trust that by pooling our collective knowledge here, we will reasonably quickly be able to offer a list of suitable fitting locations for those willing to travel a reasonably distance if they are so inclined.

Looking forward to hearing your recommendations!

Jenny x
    SilverSurferToo likes this.
  3. SilverSurferToo

SilverSurferToo n00b

Oddometer:
    Name of dealer: Douglas Park Motorrad.
    Name of mechanic: Stevie
    Contact Information: https://www.parks.uk.com/bmw-motorr...WMotorrad&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=GMB
    13 Braeview Place, Nerston, Whirlies Roundabout, East Kilbride, Lanarkshire, G74 3XH United Kingdom
    Sales:01355 514229
    Service:01355 514231
    Parts:01355 514232

Workshop rates are ... competitive for the area and brand. Especially in Winter ... with the BMW Owner's Club discount.

- Stephen.
    JMo (& piglet) likes this.
  4. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Just a little heads-up if you're looking to attend any overland/rally events this Spring in the USA...

EDIT. 23/3/20: almost inevitably, Overland Expo have chosen to reschedule their Arizona event to the 24-26th July 2020 (I'm sure with further delays a possibility if the situation doesn't improve).

Double edit. Unfortunately all Overland Expo events have been postponed until next year (2021), while the Giant Loop Hot Springs event is now scheduled for the weekend of 18-20th September, which unfortunately I am personally not able to attend.

I'll be attending both the Overland Expo West (Flagstaff AZ - 15-17th May) and the Giant Loop Hot Springs event (nr. Burns OR June 5-7th) in a presenter capacity this year, and have a 'directors cut' of my part 1 G310GS 'Smaller bike BIGGER adventure' video/slideshow, together with the debut* of the Part 2 of which I am especially proud - both really showcase the capabilities of this smaller ADV bike, along with highlighting some of the best adventure and dual sport destinations that North America have to offer - The Trans-America Trail, Moab, Colorado Rockies, Death Valley, various BDR routes all over the Pacific North West, exploration in Montana, and even dipping into Canada twice too!

*technically I did debut pt.2 at Horizons Unlimited California last September, however, it will be the first time the two films are shown at Overland and Hot Springs, as a double feature.

[​IMG]

Along with the various other presentations and social activities, there is plenty of opportunity for some excellent all-terrain ride-outs in the respective area (particularly the Giant Loop event which is all about a huge network of trails in central Oregon, navigated using GPS tracks), and I certainly plan to take in a few trails while I'm there - you're most likely to bump in to Blancolirio/Visualizerent Juan Browne there too! Meanwhile, Overland Expo West is also an excellent opportunity to gawp at some of the fantastic 4WD overland vehicles and associated aftermarket, together with the Moto Village of course.

I hope you can join me!

Jenny x
    joker-b and Wind_Rider like this.
  5. jonasj

jonasj 2018 BMW G310GS

Oddometer:
    Hi!

Any news on the before mentioned items?
  6. pigfarm

pigfarm Fresh side

Oddometer:
    Is there a service interval on the Scorpion exhaust when packing should be replaced? The cap is riveted on but it looked like they could be drilled out if packing has a limited life. Love the sound but don't want to be any louder than necessary.
    -PF
  7. Monterey_BS

Monterey_BS On or Off - not sure Supporter

Oddometer:
    John,
    Just curious, are you still running the stock gearing?