Rally Raid Products BMW G310R / G310GS

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ktmmitch, May 25, 2017.

1. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    First fitting of the pre production spoked wheels, with billet hubs, to our BMW G310GS today. These wheels are fitted with the new Anlas Capra-X Adventure Tyre and are the same 19"/17" rim combination as the oem cast wheels. All of our spoked wheel kits are built using HD Stainless Steel Spokes, and we will be offering the tried and tested BarTubless option when ordering for those riders that wish to run tubeless tyres.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    scottdc, stevetheb, kojack and 11 others like this.
  2. cronedo

cronedo Gelände-Dreamin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice!!!

Piece-by-piece it’s coming together brilliantly. The spoked wheels, knobbies, hand guards and windscreen are all steps to sharpen the adventure purpose beyond the general-purpose stock bike.

Can’t wait to see the other bits you’ve mentioned! For my purposes, the engine guard is the no-brainer first purchase. I’m also hoping the fat bar risers won’t require replacing the top triple clamp like the CB500X - but I could be seeing that one wrong.

Keep those pictures coming!
  3. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi, thanks for the support, we think this baby GS will be great on road, and greater off road.
    Our billet OEM & Fat Bar riser kits do not need a new top triple, so rest easy !!
    cronedo likes this.
  4. Scratch n Dent

Scratch n Dent Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I confess, I had written this little bike off as being “uninteresting” but this thread has made me take a second look.
  5. cronedo

cronedo Gelände-Dreamin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    If I may toot the Rally Raid horn a little, I had initially written off the Honda CB500X as a wanna-be poser adv bike, but ktmmitch and company saw the potential. After reading that vendor thread, observing their engineering up close, then seeing what Jenny (“JMo” on this site) put that Level 3 kit through, I was convinced they are a trustworthy operation that make a solid product. I just didn’t want to wrestle a 400+ lb bike off road for my personal ride.

If you check out the Rally Raid site you’ll see only a handful of bikes get their magic. So it was remarkable to me that out of all the new “light ADV” bikes hitting the market in the last year or two, Rally Raid chose to invest in the G310GS. If this is their pick of the litter, and I’m in the market for a bike like this, then I’m on board with their mods.

Finally, if you’re looking for more info on this bike check out the other thread on ADVrider.com about this bike - “Does the world need a BMW G310GS” in the Bikes\Thumpers section.

Welcome and enjoy!
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Bike looks great!

That's how BMW should have built it and this is much higher quality when they do.
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    How's the skid plate setup coming along?
  8. Seferus

Seferus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow those spokes are sexy. Hope they come in "rally raid orange" hehe.
  9. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    We will be finishing the Engine Guard when we return back to work tomorrow, but the bike has to go to Scorpion Exhausts for a few days for them to design and manufacture a slip-on silencer and new header, as the OEM is a one piece welded unit.
    Our engine guard will be fixed front and rear to the frame, so the engine is independent of any stresses when the guard is hit, not like the only other versions out there which use the conveniently positioned M8 threaded holes in the sump, not a good idea !!
    visualizerent likes this.
  10. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Spikes are HD stainless steel with rolled threads, for maximum strength, same size as we already use on the KTM 690 Rally wheels, nipples are nickel plated brass, so they are 100% corrosion-proof
    Seferus likes this.
  11. dejah

dejah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The OEM bar has a 70mm rise, if measured correctly, and is 2 cm above the triple clamp. What different sizes for the bar packers, so I can evaluate the final rise ?

Thanks for your hard work and have a happy new year (from France) ! ;-)
  12. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    dejah likes this.
  13. Cackalacky71

Cackalacky71 n00b

Oddometer:
    To me, the exhaust pipe being lower than the swingarm seems like it could be easily crushed or snagged.
    Is there something else in the geometry protecting it that I can’t see?
    Or, somehow it’s not as exposed as I think?
    Will Rally Raid be able to make their exhaust re-routed a bit higher?
    I’m very hopeful about this bike, for me to use exploring the Philippines, and Rally Raid seems to be addressing the weak areas of the design.
    Seferus likes this.
  14. Seferus

Seferus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice. Im from the philippines too. Cainta area. Imma drob by at bmw libis later to ask info about the pricing and arrival of the baby gs. Rally raid sold me to this model as im planning to see more backroads than usual.
  15. kojack

kojack AMF!

Oddometer:

Wow...I was right. With the stock wheels and exhaust the little 310 looks like something you would order of ALIEXPRESS! with the new spoked wheels and soon to be removal of the POS stock muffler, the bike looks like a true BMW. Nice job!!!
  16. Eleiko

Eleiko Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This has me intrigued...
  17. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wednesday Workshop:
    Some cockpit additions to our BMW G310GS this week include an Auxillary Plate designed to fit to our Billet Fat Bar Top Clamp and Risers, and another similar version to fit our Billet Top Clamp to suit the OEM bars. This powder-coated plate accepts both a 12V socket & USB socket, ideal for powering GPS units and mobile phones on the move.
    We also took time, when doing the Renthal Fat Bar conversion, to fit a set of BarkBuster handguards.
    These robust guards, with an aluminium spine and clamps, are well-proven and very popular with Adventure riders around the world.
    Next job on the list are some shorty folding levers that will fit nicely inside the handguards.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    stevetheb, cronedo, crk and 1 other person like this.
  18. dejah

dejah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is great !
    Few questions : availability ? are the sockets plugged directly on the free BMW plug (the one supposed to be behind the front light) so it cuts 12V when contact is off ? what about the "extended adventure screen" ?
    I know, so many things, so little time ;-)
  19. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    We sell a pre-wired loom, for the CB500X, so you can wire direct to the battery, with an in-line fuse. This is how we prefer to wire in GPS, as I don't want it to turn off every time I turn the ignition off.
    It will work fine on the G310
    The extended screen is being modified to give more clearance, on full turning lock, when the bars are in the forward position and with the handguards fitted.

[​IMG]
    dejah likes this.
  20. Squire

Squire Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ... and I was waiting for the so-called ultimate adventure bike (KTM 790 Adv) to replace my old 640 Adv, then contemplating a R1200GS Rallye, and now I keep staring at this mod and wonder, could it be it...? Keep it coming please, the bike naked was not appealing but with its potential revealed I'm getting really interested. I guess we'll talk sooner than later!