Rally Raid Products BMW G310R / G310GS

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ktmmitch, May 25, 2017.

1. harry

harry serendipity

Oddometer:
    Saw the donor bike briefly before it was off for exhaust and suspension work. Lots going on and lots still to do but I was convinced enough to commit to the full works.
  2. efu

efu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @ktmmitch
    Great work you are doing there, thank you.

Will the wheel hubs be available as single parts to order?
    I live in Bali and import and shipment fees might be an issue for the whole wheels.

I'm very interested in a bunch of your items. Do you have already a price list?
    I'm ready to order here :)
  3. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    All our wheel kits are only available as complete sets for shipping
  4. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    Do you have the bike back for the wheel weights comparison?
  5. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have the bike back until Friday, when it goes for final fitting of the taller adventure screen, but unfortunately we will have to take the OEM tyres off the cast wheels to get a like-for-like weight comparison with our bare spoked heel sets, so that may take some time
    dejah likes this.
  6. kojack

kojack AMF!

Oddometer:
    This build up is AWESOME! RR got their "s*%t" together on this one as well. Lookin cool!
  7. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    WEDNESDAY WORKSHOP:
    Our first 2 sets of pre-production spoked wheel kits for the new BMW G310GS worked well, so we are now commencing production of our first batch of 12 CNC machined billet hubs.
    These are machined from hi-grade 6082T6 aluminium alloy bar, and will be sent for anodising soon before being fitted with bearings & seals then off to Central Wheel for final building with heavy-duty stainless steel spokes, and the option of tubed, or tubeless rims, in either black or gold.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  8. ClaudevonSolingen

ClaudevonSolingen n00b

Oddometer:
    I can't wait to see the finished Rally Raid mods. So far they are spectacular! Exactly how I envisioned the 310 GS to look.
  9. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:

Jx
  10. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    WEDNESDAY WORKSHOP:
    BMW G310GS UPDATE
    The new, higher, adventure screen we have developed in conjunction with Powerbronze is nearly complete.
    This will offer more wind, and weather protection, and has been designed to work with OEM bars, and also our Fat Bar conversion top clamp and Renthal Twin Wall bars, fitted with Bark Buster handguards.
    This screen will be available in clear or light tinted exclusively from Rally Raid Products soon, along with many other adventure accessories for the new BMW G310GS.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    uuc328, stevetheb, crk and 7 others like this.
  11. dejah

dejah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bye the long awaiting Puig, this is the one :-)
  12. Shep

Shep Vagabond

Oddometer:
    very interested in seeing how this develops and how it compares in function and performance to the RR CB500X.
  13. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Hi Shep - it will be lighter, but will have less grunt - otherwise I'd expect the [off-road] performance to be broadly similar, as the GS has similar suspension travel, wheel-base, ground-clearance, and ergonomics to the CB with a LEVEL 2 wheel and suspension kit fitted.

However, in more technical terrain, the lighter weight (a good 25Kg) of the GS is likely to make things a little more manageable for many riders - and allow you to take a few more liberties before you drop it ;o)

It ought to be that bit easier to then pick up again too!

Jx
  14. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    The team at Tractive Suspension in Nederlands have been burning the midnight oil to get the first production Remote Reservoir Shocks, with Hydraulic Preload Adjustment, built this week for our BMW G310GS.
    Both of these +25mm length shocks will be shipped to Australia, along with the +25mm Fork Kit, HD Spoked Wheels, Fat Bar conversion, Engine Guard & Soft Luggage Racks to be installed on our own G310GS and another one to be given a thorough work-out on the Aussie APC Rally.
    This is 3,500 km of off-road riding for adventure bikes and will be a perfect test for the new kit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    stevetheb and crk like this.
  15. Shep

Shep Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that input. I'm short (5'5") and don't weigh a lot (150), which is one thing that kept me from grabbing a Honda and adding the Level 3. I will keep close watch on this one; it may be just what I'm looking for.
  16. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    A nice sideline while developing the Adventure height screen to suit our BMW G310GS, fitted with BarkBuster handguards, is a standard height screen with a liitle bit more raised lip than OEM. It also has curved cut-outs to clear full size handguards on full lock, something the OEM screen did not do.
    Available in clear or light tint.
    And a neat 3mm clear headlight guard to protect from mud and stones when riding off-road.
    Available end February.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    crk and JMo (& piglet) like this.
  17. harry

harry serendipity

Oddometer:
  18. harry

harry serendipity

Oddometer:
    Alternator Output is listed at 308W

This is the alternator output but can anyone help me find out how much of this is spare...as in what is the max electrical add on load can the bike cope with?
    Cheers guys
    Harry
  19. stevetheb

stevetheb mashed potatoes

Oddometer:
    So you took the Honda RR on the TaT, are you planning on something similar for the 310? I'm curious as to what you're expecting for it. Thanks for sharing the latest thorough off-roading vid as well. I'm pretty excited over here.
  20. stevetheb

stevetheb mashed potatoes

Oddometer:
    Dang! 310RR is going to be a wonderful machine. Thanks for the effort, y'all!