Rally-Raid Products Honda CB500X

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by ktmmitch, Sep 22, 2014.

1. redolga

redolga Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Touratech branded suspension (i.e. BMW GS) is made by Tractive so any shop which sells/services Touratech suspension will be able to service the Tractive shock. Try Mototechnik.
    JMo (& piglet) likes this.
  2. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Good point - I should have mentioned that too of course - yes, they ought to have all the tools, plus seals etc. in stock - although be aware that certain components may be specific to the size of the shock body/piston etc.

Jx
  3. bmah

bmah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. My inquiry is part of the decision making process for a level 2 kit for a 2019. I checked tractive’s website and only found that service for the shock is recommended after 30,000 km’s of “Road” use. If there are unique parts required, I would like to know and purchase those before they are needed if those parts are unique to a Tractiv shock. FWIW, I emailed Rally Raid over a week ago and have yet to get a response.
  4. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Honestly, I really wouldn't worry about it bmah - there are plenty of these shocks out there on high mileage bikes that have had a pretty hard life already (including a good number of cross-continental and RTW style overland trips) and continue to work perfectly - that is kind of what you're paying for to be honest - high quality components.

If you do ever need to get one serviced, then as redolga mentioned above, anywhere that sells/services Touratech Suspension will also be able to help you.

Jx
  5. bmah

bmah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you! The ‘roads’ in the south of Chile are pretty hard on shocks! I have a friend with a motorcycle tour business that has had a lot of problems with OEM shocks, primarily BMW’S, but also on a CB500X. It’s reassuring to get your take on the build quality of this shock!
  6. ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne I got my wings back. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, did a poor job describing that. The backside of the lever touches the Barkbuster backbone. I did the 20mm hole option that Jenny has done with hers and tried various positions. I still found that the backbone touched the lever at the pivot point that sticks out the furthest. My BB kit came on the bike which was purchased by the PO on eBay as a piecemeal kit that he had adapted to a 7/8 bar. It's a fatbar BB kit, at least where it clamps to the bar. Still, it doesn't give enough clearance for the levers. I'm not in Honduras right now, so I can't take any photos.
  7. depresso

depresso n00b

Oddometer:
    And so my first parts shipment from Rally Rally arrived today (engine guard, bark busters - small stuff). Suspension and wheels are still in the maybe column. That said, the Honda dealership I go to is quite interested to see how she'll look with the bashplate on :)
  8. maxcielle

maxcielle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am desperately waiting for the tubeless wheel kit, radiator guard and brake reservoir guard. Counting the days.
    Meanwhile I won't stop going! :) Amazing bike!
    IMG_20190623_120155.jpg
    IMG_20190623_125046.jpg
    65301487_2406176839434567_1117860814691237888_o.jpg
  9. depresso

depresso n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi All,
    This is probably the dumbest question in the history of dumb questions but, with the screen spacers how exactly is one to install them? Feels like I'm juggling plates! :p
    Cheers.
  10. japes1275

japes1275 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    John/JMo, looking at the 2019 drop downs for Level 1 suspension and spoked wheels not all options are available. Eg. only 100 and 120 shock spring options and only black wheels. I get that there is a few weeks wait but if I order now is it possible to to somehow order the 110 spring and gold wheels - not that I've 100% decided on gold TBH! I'll be ordering in the next day or two so could do with knowing whether all options are available. I'm in no rush for the actual parts, just want to get them on order.

Cheers!
  11. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Hi Japes - as I'm sure you're aware I've mentioned before, the web-shop software will automatically 'hide' any options when they have dropped out of stock - it's not ideal, but it's the way it works... (note this is different to those items that are out of stock but already scheduled to be replenished, and therefore still available to order).

As soon as new scheduled stock is re-entered on the system the options come live again.

If you have a specific choice which is not showing currently, you can always drop rally-Raid an email and enquire when they expect the option to be live again/stock to be scheduled as available/to order.

note. With regard to shock springs particularly - as you might imagine we had quite a run on 2019 parts via the Million Milestone promotion last month, and that meant almost all the most popular options were sold out from the initial batch. Don't worry, there will be healthy stock of 2019 (and earlier model) suspension components showing again soon.

Jenny x
  12. UKJeeper

UKJeeper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    juno, bmah, maxcielle and 1 other person like this.
  13. mcpenner

mcpenner mcpenner

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry for asking a question that I think must have been answered numerous times, but I can't find the answer on this forum or anywhere. I have a 2016 CB500x with RR level 2 on stock wheels. I'm finding the standing ergonomics cramped (I'm 6.1). I bought a pair of one inch handle bar raisers from a honda dealership but they don't fit on the RR clamp. I have stock handlebars. The holes for the bolts are to close together for the threaded holes in the RR bottom clamp. What do I need to know to buy the correct raisers? Any links to products know to work would be appreciated.
  14. redolga

redolga Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You can use something like this:

https://fortnine.ca/en/rox-speed-fx...LbACh0GKgGcEAYYBCABEgLBHvD_BwE#76=21&493=2172

Problem you will run into is the stock cables will not be long enough so you will need new brake & clutch cables.
  15. Herman1

Herman1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you use something like this http://www.racefxb2b.com/rfx-race-h...m-black-universal-raises-25mm-30mm-35mm-40mm/ then you don't need to change the lines but obviously the rise is not as great. The above is a UK site and don't order blindly as I did not check the bar size but both standard and fatbar are available. I have a 16 too with the RR kit and used the above but with fatbars, the standard ones are made of cheese . I have used these risers on several bikes and they are reliable.
  16. mcpenner

mcpenner mcpenner

Oddometer:
    redolga I've looked at those rox raisers. I probably should splurge for them but I've kind of used up my farkle budget for the year already. They would work for sure. I just wanted to spend less for a simple raiser block but the bolt pattern does not line up. I the bolt pattern on the RR bar camp different from stock? Ill have to see if I can find a Canadian supplier for this racefx raisers.
  17. JMo (& piglet)

Oddometer:
    Hi Mc' - you've already had a couple of suggestions for riser/spacer products above, all you need to remember when ordering any parts like this is to measure the bolt spacing of your current bar clamps/risers, and make sure whatever saddles you buy have the same fore-aft bolt spacing... it's worth noting that a number of aftermarket brands tend to have slotted rather than circular holes, which allows for the slightly different spacing of the top clamp bolts between various models/machines.

I don't recall the bolt spacing for the RR top clamp for the 7/8ths bars, but it's quite possible the same as the fat-bar clamps which have 38mm bolt spacing (compared to what looks like 33mm for the OEM cast top clamp).

Hope that helps...

Jenny x
    mcpenner likes this.
  18. jojojones

jojojones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These will help too: https://adventuremotorcycle.com/gear/knight-designs-foot-pegs-review
  19. juno

juno Long timer

Oddometer:
  20. redolga

redolga Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Knights Design on the far right.

footpegs.jpg