Rallye Seat updgrade, thoughts.

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by JakeTJCJ, Jan 11, 2019.

1. JakeTJCJ

JakeTJCJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did the search and I cant seem to remember who had their Rallye seat re-worked by Renazco, but I was looking to get a ride report, and has anyone had any trouble with the Suede seat material or should I stick to vinyl?
    Or anyone that can chime in about the Rallye seat being reworked from Bill Meyer or someone else like Renazco.
    I really enjoy the Rallye seat, and I've been on a couple 3-4 day rides on it, but I would love to just make it a tad bit better. The ol' jewels still slide to the tank even in the High position.

Thanks for any insight.
    Subaruvich likes this.
  2. Bill-66

Bill-66 I don't even know... Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lurk

I'd send mine out to be built...I find it a torture device after an hour or two. I can feel the pan in 30 minutes. Put a Sargent on but, would dig a well built Rally seat.
  3. lewisjr1

lewisjr1 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a Renazco on an Orange Crush 640 Adv, and it worked extremely well for how I rode that bike. I'd not have wanted to depend upon it for 500 mi. of tarmac, but that's not what that bike was for.

See http://www.renazco.com/

As with much, those types of seats are a well designed tool for a job. Russell's Day Long saddle is a similar tool but designed for a very different job. So, what's the job that you anticipate your seat will be doing the majority of the time?

p.s., the suede on my KTM's seat worked great, seemed rugged, and looked sharp. It did show some signs of wear during the few years I had it, not much though. That bike didn't see much rain beyond a drizzle, but it did plow through its share of dirt & mud.
  4. Gadget00

Gadget00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also would be interested in getting my Rally reworked . Maybe a little wider under the butt area. a bit taller with the nose a bit higher so I do not slide forward . I would love to havei it done in leather .that is my wish list.
  5. JakeTJCJ

JakeTJCJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I agree, Gadget. That's what I'm looking to do for the most part. The slope is the biggest thing I would like to change. Have the seat leveled out or even canted back slightly. Like I said I run the the front of the seat in the high position and even have the offset rubber knobs in the front of the seat too. I'm leaning towards Renazco but I would probably just go with Vinyl, I rode the entire BRP in driving rain this fall and I would hate to ruin a seat or have to cover it everytime I'm on a long trip.
  6. Gadget00

Gadget00 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would like a little more heigh because of bad knees . Matter of fact my bad knee is the reason for going with Rally seat . Did the off set knobs make a big differents? I will post pictures of a rally seat another rider had done.

Attached Files:

7. JakeTJCJ

JakeTJCJ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It does feel slightly higher, they are worth it for the $25 or so they cost. A friend of mine bought those and the BMW adjustable pegs to give his 6'6" frame alittle more room. He seems to like that combo. I really like the look of that seat.
  8. hammick

hammick Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a Rallye seat that I bought with my 17.5 GS Rallye. Had it dished out and leveled by Slim Cycle Seats in Kansas City. He replaced what he dished out with his favorite foam. He also added a BMW heated pad that i had lying around from a K1200GT. He was able to put the stock cover back on and it looks real nice. I terminated the seat pad with a coax plug so I can power it from a channel from my warm and safe wireless controller.

In stock form it was torture after 20 minutes. Now it's pretty comfortable and since it's level no ball smashing. However I still prefer riding with my Sargent low so I'm going to sell it. Send me a PM if you want to see some pics.