Rant About Shops

Discussion in 'Canada' started by CDN Rick, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Gave the local dealer a list of Kappa products for the new Guzzi I have on order; salesman got back to me today & told me that they don't deal with Kappa & he said, that he most likely can not match the pricing, that I can most likely get. He doesn't know my pricing, so I'll be ordering online from Italy
  2. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Bet he didn't even make an attempt to get any pricing.. Quicker to call you back and say we don't deal with them, than actually hunt down a cost.

About 16-18 yrs ago I was looking for a set of wheels. Online shopping wasn't as big then. I did find a maker in the US, but the shipping and customs was heavy. Dropped by a local dealer (Toads Cycle Works) and Toad ( Mike I think) himself spoke to me and to give him the info. He never heard of them, but said he could ship them in and eat the shipping/customs fees, as he would get a dealer price off the wheels, that I couldn't get. So he got me a cheaper price, and I didn't have to pay the extra fees.

3. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I ordered from this "store" in Italy previously (for my CB 500X) with no issues. Shipping was reasonable & I happily paid GST when the order arrived at my local post office