Rate your Harbor Freight Tool Experiences!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JimVonBaden, Dec 28, 2011.

1. lookatdirt

lookatdirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I believe $179 this weekend!
  2. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    It depends on what you have to store and how much room you have left in the big cabinet. I still have a lot of room left in the rolling chest drawers so I opted for the end locker and have been happy...it holds the cordless tools, bicycle tools and auto detailing supplies, plus the deep drawer at the bottom is a nice feature. Makes a perfect place to put the TV also.

...That said I do plan on getting the end cabinet sometime in the future now that I got rid of my Kendon trailer and have some more room in the garage. This thing serves as my workbench so it will be a nice place to keep the computer to where it doesn't take up room on the rolling cabinet.
    Tall Man and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  3. PineLaneRider

PineLaneRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Between Michaux and Tuscarora State Forests
    $179? Where did you see that?
  4. lookatdirt

lookatdirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Huge Parking Lot Sale 10/11-10/13!! lol I don't have the ad in front of me- I t may have been $189...
  5. PineLaneRider

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I posted the $189 add a few posts back. Thought you were gonna save me another $10! Very disappointing!
  6. Tall Man

Tall Man Priest, Temple of Syrinx

Oddometer:
    Sign up for HF's e-mails, and/or consider buying an Inside Track membership. The e-mails arrive on an almost daily basis; sometimes there are hidden gems like the $179 coupon that you're hoping for here. The Inside Track membership gives you access to real price cuts on a decent variety of goods.
  7. lkraus

lkraus Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. PineLaneRider

Oddometer:
    Mambo Dave and Old_Lion like this.
  9. Tall Man

Tall Man Priest, Temple of Syrinx

Oddometer:
    Just a friendly reminder.
  10. PineLaneRider

Oddometer:
    $169 tool cart is in my van! Had to get black. Blue was out of stock. The people at HF were surprised to see that coupon. It rang up just fine. 4 - 4" magnetic parts bowls for $.99 each (coupon), 2 socket organizers with 20% off coupon, and a free flashlight. All out the door for under $200 including 6% PA sales tax. Worthwhile trip.

Many thanks to @lkraus for the skinny on the $169 coupon! I love this forum!
  11. Dagofast

Dagofast Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer:
    This shit must be contagious. The wife and I just double teamed the checkout lady at HF with multiple coupons this morning. I bought the 72" roller box in green and since they don't offer a 72" chest, I went with a 44" and a 26" chest to plop on top. The manager said it'll take about a week for them to arrive. Once I transfer everything over, my 37 year old 26" Kennedy and not quite as old 41" Homak will be up for sale. Still thinking about modifying the folding shelf from the 5 drawer tool carts to fit on the end of the 72" chest...
    SmittyBlackstone and ydarg like this.
  12. ydarg

ydarg Miscreant

Oddometer:
    Found some coupons so I bought some tools...

The 1/2" Bauer impact gets an initial pass, I had a 10% off anything coupon. It's heavy with the 3Ah battery but takes the lugs off my F250 like they're hand tight. Battery seems to be good, it took 32 lugs off and still showed as full.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/power...hium-12-in-impact-wrench-tool-only-63629.html

The Bauer workshop blower also gets a pass, I had a $44.99 coupon for it. It will run on high and will suck through the 3Ah battery in about 25-30 minutes of continuous use on high. I've only used it to blow out the garage & deck and dry off the motorcycle and cars so far....it works really well.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/200-MPH-Cordless-Compact-Workshop-Blower-Tool-Only-56416.html

Also picked up the magnetic paper towel holder and side tray/screwdriver holder for the blue rolling cabinet. Both get a pass and were eligible for the 20% off coupon.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/magne...lue-56454.html?_br_psugg_q=paper+towel+holder
    https://www.harborfreight.com/magnetic-tray-with-screwdriver-holder-blue-56446.html

View attachment 1947716
  13. Johnny Kilo

Johnny Kilo Sumbeotch

Oddometer:
    Hammer Drill - epic fail that might have been me but I don't want to fully commit to that:

https://www.harborfreight.com/power...able-speed-reversible-hammer-drill-62383.html

I am building a patio cover on my back concrete pad. I needed to concrete anchor four base plates for a total of 16 concrete anchors. None of my friends had a hammer drill so I figured for a one-time use tool, this should get it done. My concrete is probably 50 years old. I spun this sucker up on hole number one and within 60 seconds, it let out the smoke, sparked and was KIA.

Went to the big box store and bought a DeWalt for expected cash amount (not the 30 bucks with coupon like the above) and added a two year warranty so if I burn this one up at least I can walk in and walk out with a new one.....

The only positive for this experience was I got my free blue magnetic work light that has been elusive.

John
    local1 and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  14. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Interestingly I bought one of these a couple of months ago. I have drilled at least 40 holts in concrete with it. Works great. Bummer yours did not.
  15. Johnny Kilo

Johnny Kilo Sumbeotch

Oddometer:
    It might have been the size? 1/2" drill bit needing to go 3 1/4" deep.

John
  16. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought one of these with a coupon for about $25 and drilled about 100 holes in concrete with a Bosch 1/2 inch bit. Worked great. Maybe I just got lucky.:lol3
  17. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    That was exactly what I used, 1/2" bit, but I always pilot hole with a 1/4" first.
  18. Baroquenride

Baroquenride Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.

Oddometer:
    So I finally got around to trying out the HB PDR kit and while I think I got the dent to budge a bit, I kept having problems with the glue popping off the dent. I tried different techniques, but to no avail. The glue in the kit isn't sticking to the crease/dent. Granted, I discovered that there was bondo underneath and some of the paint popped off, so I sanded it mostly off, yet the glue still isn't sticking. This is on a practice tank to get the feel of it, before I try it on my VFR.
  19. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    That is a fairly tough request of a regular hammer drill. The SDS drills make that task much quicker. Depending on the quantity of holes, I may be tempted to rent a SDS Max drill. It would drill through that concrete faster than a traditional wood bit in wood.
    MikeyT likes this.
  20. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    1st key is to clean the paint very thoroughly, acetone followed by alcohol. Then the glue needs to be super hot when you put the puller on. Let it cool several minutes. I have literally pulled the puller tab into two pieces, that glue is so good.
    Baroquenride likes this.