Rate your Harbor Freight Tool Experiences!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JimVonBaden, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Ghostyman

Ghostyman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Laconic

Laconic Long timer

Oddometer:
    WD-40, silicone spray, mineral spirits, kerosene, diesel fuel... most any light oil.
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  3. Dub_ADV

Dub_ADV Back in the saddle again.

Oddometer:
    Bought one of the Earthquake XT ratchet wrenches about a year and a half ago. It has worked fine so far through medium duty use. It can be a bit bulky in some uses but easier to manipulate than it's air powered cousin. It is also easier on the wrist for removing/snugging bolts than a typical ratchet wrench.

I think the key with most tools is using it in the right applications and not (overly) abusing them.

The only downside I have found so far is not having a second battery. Might pick up the polisher as others have mentioned this spring to alleviate that issue.
    Nttra, JimVonBaden and DeepBarney like this.
  4. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    JimVonBaden likes this.
  5. WindBlast

WindBlast Jesus and Tequila

Oddometer:
    I bought a set of the aux LED lights and the wiring harness and fabbed up a couple of mounts for my DRZ. With the coupon I was all in for less than $70. Been on there for a short while and maybe 2000 miles without issue. Compare that to Denali and it is a no brainer. Tractor Supply sells the same setup but no coupons. I like HF for some things. I stay away from their wrenches, sockets, pliers, and other important tools but for things I only need once in a while they are fine.
  6. p0diabl0

p0diabl0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't speak to the HF version but I have a Milwaukee M12 3/8 ratchet and I don't wrench without it if I can help it anymore. The HF one looks like a carbon copy.
    JimVonBaden likes this.
  7. NurseBill

NurseBill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Picked up a compact bender last week and finally got a chance to bolt it to the floor. I sunk 4 - 1/2" steel anchors into my floor. I must have jacked the one up since only 3 would line up. No matter, 3 is holding it good. The instructions are ok for putting it together but are useless for setting it up for 90 degree bends. I downloaded the Grizzly manual for it, same bender... different instructions. At last the Central machinery shows you how to make letters. I'll give it a pass but I haven't used it much.
    local1 likes this.
  8. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got a Milwaukee also, and looking at the amazon ad I thought the same thing.
  9. local1

local1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought a tube bender last Sunday also. I'm in the process of building my garage so it will not be tested for awhile. I'm anxious to hear how well it works for.
    NurseBill likes this.
  10. NurseBill

NurseBill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine won't do tubing unless I get different dies with a round slot in them. It'll do round, square and flat stock. I did play with some scraps of 1/8" flat stock I had laying around.
  11. Coma

Coma Long timer

Oddometer:
    I waited till this was on sale 1 ⅛ chuck, SDS bits. I’d been planning on moving my tire changer outside. Went through the concrete like butter. It has drill on and off same with hammer function to give you options. Pass.

5947F362-704A-4724-85D4-C1D600A65791.jpeg
  12. DeepBarney

DeepBarney International Bumbler

Oddometer:
    I bought one for work, it doesn't get used frequently but the times it does it's given a real hot supper, so to speak. It's been great. I give it a pass and a serious recommendation for any in the market.
    Tall Man, Coma and ydarg like this.
  13. Cataract2

Cataract2 Where to?

Oddometer:
    Have one of those as well. Did the same to mount my No Mar. Next up will be using it to cut down the hearth at my fireplace to open up options for some Jotul wood stoves.
    Coma likes this.
  14. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer:
    The cheap $9 4 1/2" grinder. Cheap enough that I bought 2 so I don't have to change out the cutting wheel for the flap disc.
    Dagofast, NurseBill, Old_Lion and 2 others like this.
  15. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've got about 6 of those. Cutting discs. Flap wheels, grinding stone and wire brushes. Easier to plug in another grinder than it is to swap wheels! Haven't had a problem with any of them. Oldest is probably 15 yrs.
  16. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer:
    I've had to fix both cords on them. The strain relief broke and the wires broke. The other one caught the cord while it was winding down and cut it. Easy fix for both.
  17. NurseBill

NurseBill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, I know what I need to buy...
  18. draco_1967

draco_1967 Spoon!

Oddometer:
    I need to step up my game. I only have two of those grinders :hide
    KeithinSC likes this.
  19. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wait for the sales and use your coupon!
    Also after buying a few of those, at least I can find the stupid wrench when I need to swap worn out wheels.
  20. marc11

marc11 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I zip tie mine to the power cord....
    local1, 87warrior and nuggets like this.