RCU Barbacks

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by fish, Jul 26, 2001.

1. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    Rode the redmond thing with RCU barbacks. They worked great for my 6'0" frame and Givi shield. Very comfortable and relaxed and didn't seem to hamper anything in the twisties either. Helps me stay in the Russell sweetspot.

fish
  2. JohnTM

JohnTM I suck toes

Oddometer:
    Fish,

Did you have to re-route the brake and clutch lines to use the barbacks? I started installing the RCU's yesterday and stopped when I noticed the lines stretched with the wheel pointed straight ahead. BMW of Salt Lake recommended routing the lines on the outside of the fork tubes, but that seems like it will cause abrasion problens and a clearance problem with the brake hose attachment to the frame. Any suggestions?

John Menefee
  3. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    It's been a while, but I think I just had to turn the banjo bolts a bit to put slack in the lines.
  4. Myles Whitfield

Myles Whitfield Studly Moderator

Oddometer:
    Stopped by the Dealer today and had them slap some of the RCU barbacks on.

Parts $89.99
    Labor $25.00--took about 25 minutes because he DID have to reroute a bunch of cables..

So, for $25 I drank coffee and harassed O-SHEN and met his lovely wife, kept the Service Department productive, and rode away with peace of mind...

Also got the safety recall thing addressed at the same time.
  5. Myles Whitfield

Myles Whitfield Studly Moderator

Oddometer:
    MEA CULPA!

No insult intended, it's just since surgery I'm really turning into a fat phucker and next Tuesday my PCP gets a shot at reinforcing that...

BTW-when are you bailing for your Christmas Tour-Jen and I were thinking about a little Holiday get together at the Casa and we'd love to have you guys over.