RD Moto Crash bars/bash plate

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by magellan44, Jan 17, 2021.

1. magellan44

magellan44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello all,
    I've picked up a new to me 2017 KTM 690 Enduro R and wanted to add a set of crash bars.
    I've been reading and watching videos to see what I think I might like. I came up with the RD Moto Crash Bar set.

I wanted to know if anyone has mounted a set on their bike and to ask about the weight. I'll add a few pictures so you know which ones I'm talking about

Thank you all.

Attached Files:

2. magellan44

Oddometer:
    Well, I ordered a set from the Czech Republic and the order went through pretty well I thought until they told me I had to pay more for shipping. Shipping was pretty expensive at 49 euros but I like the product, then this morning they sent me another email telling me the shipping had to increased to 84 euros that getting too expensive I think. The crash bars were only 118 euros. I told them to cancel my order, I did not want to but over $100.00 for shipping is more than I am willing to pay. Amazon has spoiled me. So I'm still searching for a set that covers the radiator

have a good day all.
  3. cccbarkbuster

cccbarkbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    try Rival components https://rivalcomponents.com/product/crashbar-50000/
    darn they don't make them for your year only the 19 and younger
  4. magellan44

Oddometer:
    ccbarkbuster,

I don't understand why they would not. I know the plastic is different but redesign or make them that we cut the plastic like you do for sliders on street bikes. I did not want to cut the plastic on my K1300S but I did and did a nice job of it and it looks professionally done. RD MOTO is the only ones and as I stated the shipping from the Czech Republic is nuts. All shipping rates for that matter are out of hand

thanks for the reply, hopefully I'll find a US company that makes something I like.