RD400

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by peeweesp, Aug 10, 2020.

1. peeweesp

peeweesp Professional Naked Runner

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

kind of a random question but, I have an rd400 my friend gave me probably 4 years ago. I believe it’s 76 not in great shape but complete, it doesn’t run has an issue getting spark and also like everyone I see it doesn’t have a title.

I’ve been cleaning out the basement because it’s at my parents house, and my question really is, what are these things worth? Not running complete, no title. I’m sure someone would want it, as they are pretty sought after but I don’t even know where to start, I see unrealistic prices all over the place.
  2. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well since you got it free. Haven't done anything with it in 4 years. Why not just pass it on to someone that will fix it or can use it for parts?

Edit: ok I see every post you've made here is in the flea market. You're the wheeler dealer and this is your Craigslist. So never mind, your not the guy that gives anything away and passes on making a buck.
  3. peeweesp

Oddometer:
    I wouldn’t say I’m not the guy who wouldn’t give it away. Your making generalizations just cause I sell things I don’t need anymore on here. And not for nothing you have no idea where the money would go or anything.
  4. Brad-Man

Brad-Man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Without pics that show the shape the bike is in there can be no answer.

Non-runner limits top price immensely.
  5. peeweesp

Oddometer:
    Yeah she’s tough for sure but all there.

Attached Files:

6. AtLarge

AtLarge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's not terrible and could be saved but, no title is always a deal killer unless your looking for a parts bike. We can go bonded in our state but, it's still a PIA and there's always the chance you could lose it if someone steps up to claim it.
  7. peeweesp

Oddometer:
    i found a guy local who had a frame with a title. And i let it go!. And he already has a bike mainly together so. At least most of it went to saving another bike and making a survivor!