Re-riding a Dream - Grand Canyon Backcountry

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by dave6253, Oct 14, 2019.

1. motocopter

motocopter ˙˙˙ƃuᴉɥɔɹɐǝS

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed the report. Always has me looking forward to my next time in the area. Thanks again @dave6253!
    dave6253 likes this.
  2. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    It has been said of photography there's nothing like f 8 and being there. Both of you gentlemen are most aware of that "axiom" but you know when to take the shot and the best camera angles. You guys possess inspiring skills and, probably without knowing it, encourage the rest of us to get out there and try it. Thanks for taking us along!

Mike
    Fast1, dave6253, cactus_reese and 3 others like this.
  3. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Faking it/Making it

Oddometer:
    Beautiful pictures and great narrative.

Sucks about the 4-wheel dickheads. I really can't understand why that's a thing, other than they can run them while being liquored-up but that doesn't explain most of them. They sure can make the situation miserable.

John
    dave6253 likes this.
  4. dano619

dano619 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dave, you need to retire so you and Paul can ride RTW! Or Not!! :)

Great reports and pics as usual.....thanks for taking us along!!
    dave6253 likes this.
  5. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum

Oddometer:
    Well Dave, you're doing it to me again!! Here I should be writing up my own ride report and I find myself reading yours!! :lol3

Lovely as always man and thanks to @rtwpaul posting one of your pics on Instagram, I now know that you have an acct there. Subbed to that too! You're killin' me here !! :rofl
    DesertSurfer, dave6253 and dano619 like this.
  6. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, nice bike build and great pics as always.. Thanks for posting.
    dave6253 likes this.
  7. Rips Millar

Rips Millar capt. mediocre

Oddometer:
    Great report man, thank you very much...

I gotta say....
    as much as I like riding, and as much as I like motocamping (it's like my very favorite thing to do right after, well, you know) and as great as the scenery is and the roads and trails looked awesome, I mean REALLY awesome...
    I just don't know if I could take the spiders. If one of those fuckers got into my tent or on me I would scream like a 5th grade girl and probly run somewhere, hopefully not off a cliff...I can take the threat of bears and mt lions, maybe even a possible rattler, but a fucking tarantula? no way, i'm out. ick
  8. Mr Head

Mr Head Adventure Hippie Supporter

Oddometer:
    And that is why I carry my big plastic hammer. Well, and pounding in tent pegs.
    DesertSurfer and Rips Millar like this.
  9. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    Dave, another excellent report. Both you, Paul and the other elite Adv ride report inmates made me feel that being able to share and entertain other inmates was a bit of a right of passage about being an Advrider member. And you represent the best of Advrider.

These reports have helped inspire me to ride and explore, to define how I like to ride ( alone and remote). And to discover my own unique voice for sharing my experiences and entertaining other Advrider inmates and curious other non Adv inmates.

And what I’ve learned most ( and am forever greatly appreciative about)... is taking the inspiration and motivation from your ride reports to live life for today. And not take tomorrow for granted.

Having just received a diagnosis of cancer, I can be thankful of all the rides and locations I’ve explored and didn’t put off. I’m hopeful I can beat this thing. And in the meantime I look forward to both yours, RTWPaul’s, Larry Boys and other’s superb reports on Advrider... to keep my spirits up going through my next advrider’s difficult journey.

Ride when you can... And live life for EVERY MINUTE!
  10. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    There are plenty of us on this forum who've beaten cancer. You will, too. I'm sure you are doing due diligence acquiring the medical team who will kick hell of it. Never give up, never, ever!

I apologize for the thread hijack.

Mike
  11. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum

Oddometer:
    Say what you will but this was a great report! Perhaps it's different but it's certainly no less enjoyable. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Seeing two great ADVrs come together for a collaborative report is always cool!
  12. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way...

Oddometer:
    Hi Dave, so glad @rtwpaul steered me over here as I have missed seeing your epic reports.
    Thanks for posting this, excellent as always.

Cheers!
    dave6253 likes this.
  13. cactus_reese

cactus_reese Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wishing you the best @DesertSurfer ! And thanks for the movie: https://photos.smugmug.com/Riding-R...5X6/i-mcBZWZv/1/eac37d30/1280D/i-mcBZWZvD.mp4
    We'll be looking for more.
    DesertSurfer, dave6253 and Bob like this.
  14. Dusty Pipes

Dusty Pipes Riding Addict

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the ride report, I have enjoyed all of your GCBAR reports. So much, that you inspired me to plan a ride that had part of the GCBAR at the end of our AZBDR ride and we were there in May to do it, but unfortunately mother nature wasn't smiling on us, we had to hold up in Flagstaff for 2 days while it snowed and the north rim area was hit even worse with 8+ inches of snow, so we had to miss out. Sad, because Tatahatso point was one I really wanted to see, and now it is closed. Will be back to do the GCBAR in the near future.