Rear ended at controlled left turn.

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by neanderthal, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Sal Pairadice

Sal Pairadice Captain Obvious

Oddometer:
    Hey Neanderthal,

I crashed labor day last year, knocked out, 3 broken ribs, broken clavicle severely beat and bruised and C5/6 disk rupture. I just realized while reading your account that I had the PBA crying thing. I hid it from anyone and it just finally went away. I get flashes of anger, rarely, and I just push them away, Left pointer finger is still numb. Its maybe 50% of the finger, the end. That has been coming back super slow. Incredibly slow.

This labor day I was pretty much all healed up and fine! But it was a tough road back. My thing was just a physical pain mostly. I'm okay as far as anyone can tell, only I know I am not really 100% the same. But its fine. 95%

You are only 7 months into recovering. 6 months in I was still in rough shape. You will get better, slowly, slowly. Maybe you are at 70% now. Take it easy, man. It will happen. It will get better.

I still have a bit of trouble sleeping. I have been occasionally using melatonin. It works okay. Not perfect, but I get through the night. As I say, I sometimes feel a bit confused here and there like when I am doing spreadsheets at work, but that might be just being age 54....generally, I am fine. I do whatever I want to do, including riding.

I think you will get there pretty soon, You have to look at it as a road back. A long and winding road back.
    neanderthal likes this.
  2. neanderthal

neanderthal globeriding wannabe

Oddometer:
    Here, but lost. Am I lost if i know i'm here?
    Yeah it's a very up and down process. Not fun while you're gong through it.
    Sal Pairadice likes this.