Rear ended

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by wiseblood, Apr 23, 2019.

1. RiderForge

RiderForge 2014 CRF250L

Oddometer:
    There are pros and cons. Doing so at lights seems to invite dumb asses to pull up next to you when you're first in line. They get confused and often like to assume you're in the turning lane because that benefits them the most. I do it with caution; rarely when I'm the first one in line. More frequently when I'm second or greater in line.

I've been in the same accident before. Identical situation. Truck behind me simply pulled up too close to me. Got distracted. Forgot I was there. Went all tunnel vision looking left at traffic and just hit the gas before ever looking up front again. He had pulled up close to me and I was 80% obscured by his hood. I caution against sitting in front of big, high vehicles at lights. I've also heard of a girl being crushed by a duck boat in Boston in the same situation. Do not let a big vehicle pull right up on your ass. Make sure you're a few feet ahead of them.
  2. SYDBLUE

SYDBLUE SYDBLU

Oddometer:

You sure you did not slam on the brakes to go to Supercross (SX) Gourmet?
    Totally kidding. Watching your 6 is another way of saying hindsight is 20/20. I hope he admitted his outrageous behavior. Hard to explain to a cop hitting a person at a stop light.
  3. SYDBLUE

SYDBLUE SYDBLU

Oddometer:
    Sleep number bed is great for a bad back. They sound a bit expensive but mine is from 12 years ago and could last quite a bit longer so price is not as much of a concern. I hope PJ’s bought for you in the settlement!
    666 likes this.
  4. giarcg

giarcg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's happened twice to me. Hope its not a three strikes and I'm out situation.

One the police report is filed your mailbox will be filling up with law firm letters wanting to represent you...