Recommendation for summer-weight gloves or add-on for iPhone / capacitive touch screen?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by JRWooden, May 26, 2020.

1. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    So I found one thread on this topic that was a few years old so rather than try to revive it ...
    I thought I'd start new ...

I've tried several brands of "stick-on" things to make gloves work with capacitive touch-screens like the iPhone has ... they don't seem to work well and the index finger one wears out quickly due to me mashing the buttons on my communications unit.

Do any of the liquids work?
    I've seen mixed reviews ... I would not mind re-applying from time to time.

I'm in the market for new summer-weight gloves
    Does anyone have any experience with currently available touch-screen compatible gloves?
  2. SRTie4k

SRTie4k Northeast Explorer

Oddometer:
    I really like my Rev'It Sand 3 gloves. They work great with touchscreens, although the sizing is a touch weird. My buddy has the Rev'It Dirt 2 gloves with the same size hands and they are a much better fit.

In my experience, any glove that is touchscreen sensitive nowadays will work perfectly fine on a screen. It really just comes down to fit and features.

In the past I've also used AnyGlove on non-touchscreen sensitive gloves. It worked alright but it was annoying having to reapply it every so often.
  3. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    I miss my Rev'It Sand 3 gloves. My favorite gloves ever until they got soaked and ripped apart (both gloves at the same time). I am currently using the Klim Baja S4 gloves (they appear to be almost a direct ripoff of the Sand 3, but a little roomier), and so far they fit the bill nicely.
  4. BoilerRealm

BoilerRealm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like my Klim Induction gloves and they work with my iphone. Now face ID with my helmet is a different story.
  5. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
  6. thirdofthree

thirdofthree Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I use gloves of my choice, damn the touch-sensitive finger(s).

I added a cheap, small stylus like this attached to the 'dash' with heavy duty velcro and a cheap retracting keychain. Allows me to dispense with undesirable pop-ups, click the +/- soom in / out buttons on maps, select specific points on the map, and with the hard-button mapping on the phone I can perform other basic functions like Back, Home, Recent Apps, etc.
  7. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    Thanks folks ... my local cycle gear seeems to carry the Rev'it so I'll see if I can find a fit there.

I have used the glovetacts and really like them ...
    Alas I am left-handed and so they get some abuse when I buckle/unbuckle my helmet, and they eventually migrate position or I screw them up,
    but at $10 for 3 sets they are a deal. the original version had some issues, but what is on Amazon now is a redesign that works much better...
  8. TomServo

TomServo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JRWooden likes this.
  9. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Depending on your tastes in gloves, you might also check out Klim Dakar gloves. About the only thing that seems to change from year to year is the colors and price. $28 HERE I'm on my second pair. No issues with the touch screen friendly parts working up to the point they wore out after a couple of years and maybe 50k miles of riding.
    JRWooden likes this.
  10. 32dgrz

32dgrz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JRWooden and ProLeisure like this.
  11. Nytebreed

Nytebreed Need more braaap

Oddometer:
    Revit Dirt 3 if you want a little more protection than the Sand 3.
    I just finally wore out my dirt 2 gloves after 5 hard years.
    The newish Marrakesh glove from Klim is also nice, I have a couple rides in them and they flow air well when not behind a hand guard.