Redding to Usal Road

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by Shastarider, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Shastarider

Shastarider Head and Eyes

Oddometer:
    Took the new to me Uly on a nice ride from Redding to Usal Road. Everyone seems to be familiar with HWY 299,3 and 36. This route left Redding towards Platina on what locally is referred to as the Ditch Grade.

Once on 36, I fuled up at The Burger Barn in Mad River then fueled up the bike in Dinsmore. Doubled back to van Duzen Road eventually making into Alderpoint Point. Hit Zenia and Alderpoint popping out on Hwy 101 at Garberville. This stretch of road was a bit ruff tarmac but very remote and quite scenic. Definitely off the beaten path. Highly recommend this.

Left later in the day than I wanted to and passed Usal Road making my way to Fort Brag for the night. Next day headed north on Usal Road. The weather could not have been any better. Uly did great and popped out of Usal at four corners eventually riding down to Sinyoke State Park. From there north bound towards Shleter Cove ending the attached tracked at Hwy 101.

I believe I could not have timed this ride any better. Usal Road was dry and they were prepping for winter. Some ruts but all round edge and no issues with wasted tires.

Attached Files:

CrazyCooter likes this.
  2. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter --Crazy MoFo-- Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing. Ridden many of those roads and they never get old!

Never headed down into the Bear Harbor area and read part of the rosd was closed? Worth the trip down there?
  3. Shastarider

Oddometer:
    The road down to Sinyoke is worth the ride. The road is closed to the south at the visitor center. Great campsites available down there.
  4. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter --Crazy MoFo-- Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool! Ill add it to the list......

Paved and good enough for a touring bike, or save it for an adventure ride?
  5. Shastarider

Oddometer:
    The road down is dirt but I would ride my Road King down it without an issue. Gets a bit steep. A little rocky near the end but a decent rider could easily ride down it.
  6. luvnlife

luvnlife n00b

Oddometer:
    Dirt Road down to Sinkyone closed this summer due to slides and only accessible by walking down. USFS and state trying to figure out how to fix it before winter