Redmond Rally - Who's going?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by USBYGS, Aug 28, 2009.

1. TRACTOR RIDER

TRACTOR RIDER No Rules Gruver

Oddometer:
    Went down ate something called Pho. Viet Namese Noodle soup with boiled meat.
    :lol3
    I would have liked that venison:rofl

TR:huh
  2. strikingviking

strikingviking Long timer

Oddometer:
    En route from Mexico and currently in Northern California. See you there.
  3. push_bars

push_bars Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was supposed to be there today but when fixing my leaking valve cover gasket I pointed out that the water pump is weeping (they did not notice the white streaks?) so I am laid up in Portland for another day with no bike :puke1

At least I have a friend to stay with here and Portland itself is a good place to hang out. My head is not going to appreciate another night of micros though... The last two mornings have been rather rough. :freaky
  4. Bill 310

Bill 310 Poser Emeritus Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice ride

and it was well checked :rofl

5. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    Hello? Team Pterodactyl? What the ...? I stopped back by the fairgrounds around 11 AM today to offer help breaking down camp and to say goodbye but like a band of Gypsies they were gone!

Well, safe ride folks and don't forget I've got pictures....
  6. USBYGS

USBYGS Riding the World

Oddometer:
    It's not often that I do this, but I had to let those of you who rallied at the Team Pterodactyl site know just how much I love you..every single one of you! It turned out to be better than I had hoped or dreamed. I'm so grateful for all of our friendship, love, and the memories that we share. I can't tell you how much I appreciated the way you all opened up your hearts to my sister, Stef, Amy, and Nanners. Being part of the Team Pterodactyl group has been one of the greatest things that has happened to me in my life! I can't wait to share the pictures and video with those of you that were unable to attend. Highlights will include: "stroke!, Stroke!" and the glow in the dark "exposure" event!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gotta go and get ready for chapter two of this ride! Fite and Griz, I hope you can keep up with us on our Big Suz. You might want a hanky so you don't have to eat so much dust!

Love,
    Gina
  7. ooweel

ooweel Throwing wrenches one at a time

Oddometer:
  8. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Jo Jo and I had an awesome time with the whole ride. Looks like the BRICK/Miata combo is the tits. Too short a time with the crew at the rally but that's reality.
    Please pass on to Amy and Stef how much we appreciated their efforts, especially all the gear trucked in to make our campsite the best in class! They were delightful to be have met and spend some time with. Tell them to come to Dawson and the Dick will be a kick ass host with the most!
    Hope the balance of the rides for y'all are safe and fun. Still much rainy weather here but shop is back underway and that is necessary as summer is short and I want to be warm and cosy and inside by the time the snow flies.
    Team Pterodactyl HQ will be some happening place for next years D2D as a result of the wood shop moving next door!

Cheers
  9. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Okay, your sister and Stef, wait til you get into your 60's, but what de hay, Amy and Nanners should come as well, the more the merrier, let's make it an Up North party.
  10. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    PM sent Dick.
  11. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    Everybody safely back, other than the dedicated summer wanderers?

I'm still sorting, cleaning and catching up and in doing so I reread an article sent by Mr. Sirby about how calm and quaint the rally was, no arrests, fouls or disruptions at all ... but wait a minute! I know better and now that the offenders are safely out of reach I think it’s my duty to write a byline to that Portland article (http://www.katu.com/news/local/98780599.html)

Something like:
    “MOA Rally twilight hour disrupted by Alaskan Hooligans!”
    "A shuttle was commandeered by Team Pterodactyl in the quiet twilight. The rally goers evening was shattered by the boisterous shouts, hoots and ‘strokes!’ as the shuttle circuited the Redmond Fairgrounds.”
    “Ring leaders Fighter and Gina are suspected ....”

There will be a short delay posting photos while I find somebody to hack an SD memory card.