Redmond Rally - Who's going?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by USBYGS, Aug 28, 2009.

1. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Only 35 summers:huh Iam up to 40 now and I can do with a NO SNOW winter and more then 2 ways to go north or south.
  2. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    You (and any AK riders) can always crate&ship here. I'll have it ready when you fly in. :deal

(how's the roof holding, Friar?)
  3. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Heli....
    that's the game plan for a few of us.
    Gonna be a long winter thinkin' about it.
    Fite
  4. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:

Ditto if anyone wants to come to AZ.:evil
  5. pfestus1

pfestus1 Slash 5er

Oddometer:
    Myself and a couple of buds will be touring the great North in June and July of '10. We also plan to make the Redmond Rally. We are thinking that we will board the ferry at either Haines or Skagway, and get off in Prince Rupert on our way to Redmond. I'd want to arrive in Redmont the 12th or 13th. My question is what day should we make our ferry reservation for? I'm a commitee chair at the rally (First Aid), so need to be there before the rally starts on Wed. Thanks for your opinions.
  6. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    I've already checked this out ... You can take a ferry out of Haines on the 1st or the 8th of July going to Prince Rupert then it's a 1300 mile ride to Redmond, OR. Ferry, M/V Matanuska, leaves Haines on Thu, Jul 08 at 2:15 PM arriving Prince Rupert Sat, Jul 10 at 5:15 AM "Passengers: available Vehicles: available Cabins: available"

With that schedule you'd be riding Saturday from Prince Rupert a long day to Prince George for the night ... the 11th down to Washington and another long day will get you to Redmond.

Other choices take the Columbia from Haines on the 5th of July arriving in Bellingham early on the 8th. Or ride down the Cassiar which looks to be my choice.
  7. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to seeing you next summer Harry. Pterodactyls are rounding up the herd....some pointing west....the rest of us heading south. Plan to make rounds in the Great North Wet, Rally, Car show in Paullup (sp?) and points beyond. Be sure to stop by the Pterodactyl tent in Redmond and have a cool beverage with us!:wave

Katoomer
  8. Oznay

Oznay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will likely attend..
  9. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    I ran across these today and thought you ADVrs might like em.......so in keeping with the Great North Wet route to Redmond, with a side spin up through BC........

Take the High Road and Rubber side down folks!:

[​IMG]

If we get hungry, we're stopping for fast food......

[​IMG]

We'll be loaded down and traveling fast......

[​IMG]

Up and over the Great Divide......

[​IMG]

Fighter and his merry band of warriors will provide security ......:kumbaya :gun2

[​IMG]

We'll be just one step ahead (or one throttle twist) ahead the ADV Banditos!..... :jose

[​IMG]
    If they get too close we'll try loosing them with a sprint through Frazer River Canyon (circa 1930).......:ricky :kat
    [​IMG]

Should be a great time and we look forward to meeting everyone on the road....sure beats taking the bus!:poser

[​IMG]
  10. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. I might cross your path on that southern migration ...

On the cold one, I'm still thinking how I can attach a keg to the bike and ride without it blowing up on me.

Oh well, in the spirit of the season

[​IMG]
  11. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Great post Katoomer. Gotta luv the Bandito shot. I'm diggin' on the way that one dude has his britches pulled up under his armpits. ATGATT ????

Harry, that beer hauling set-up you're dreaming about makes good sense to me. Go for it. Fite
  12. USBYGS

USBYGS Riding the World

Oddometer:

Hauled mine around on the bike... 'long as it is full, doesn't slosh you around or blow you up...
  13. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    I've got to ask how big a keg could you manage and would I be able to ride onto the rally grounds? Kind of hard to ablib a disguise for a keg.
  14. USBYGS

USBYGS Riding the World

Oddometer:
    this was just a 5 gallon keg... think I could have hauled 2 though.
  15. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    I guess I will have to go its in my moms home town. now to ask the boss for time off :huh :deal in the middle of the shops bizzyist time.:eek1
  16. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

Why couldn't we just have it delivered.. tub of ice, tap, cups, dancing girls... the full monte.
    Just sayin'.
    Fite
  17. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    Morning Fighter. Just exploring options. I figure as a last minute thing we might find a keg in Bend. I did a little research a few months ago. Deschutes Brewery sent me to their distributor, Columbia 541-383-3798. And for more local sources in Redmond, I found Cascade Brewery, 541-923-3110. I've called both several times, again this morning, but no one answers!

From the people I have managed to talk to I have been told that one or the other will deliver and pick up kegs of beer to the fairgrounds. Now all we have to do is that hard thing, agree on a choice or choices and order....

We might want to revisit this subject sooner than later, but for now I'm off to Orange County without evan a hope of a glass of beer. I do my duty.
  18. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:

Good call Harry, I'm thinking this group will drink anything.
    You find something you love and we'll follow suit.
    My only question will be if rules/regulations from MOA/Redmond Rally officials and will they have an issue with Team Pterodactyl bringing said item on to the grounds.
    Fite
  19. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Yeah, like that will make a difference. :lol3
  20. Harry Swan

Harry Swan One more time

Oddometer:
    It's not that BMW MOA officials are, well, necessarily officious but they will out number us. I've sent an email to the MOA Camping Editor asking specifically the policy on kegs of beer in the campground.

On personal beer choice, I prefer a dark beer like a Newcastle Brown Ale, but a good red or amber would be welcome. Just don't expect a wheat, citrus or IPA from me .... First, I'll let you know what the nice camping czar says.