Redverz Tents

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BackRoader, Jan 31, 2020.

1. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Looking at picking up a Redverz Solo Expedition.
    I have owned two models of the Redverz in the past and found them both very functional and met my needs. ( tent / vestibule to stand in)
    As I reduced my moto camping over the past couple years, I decided to sell them.... well, seems I am taking another trip this coming year.
    Before I run out and drop a bundle, any comments, better still any lightly used ones out there for sale?
  2. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just bought one and put it under the Xmas Tree for my self. Haven't set it up yet so can't comment. It does seem to be a big roll packed down so I am going to have to seriously re-think how I load the bike. Hoping I enjoy being able to stand up to put my pants on plus have a place to sit out of the weather and that it will off-set the larger bundle I have to pack. Not for sale yet:D
    Maggot12 likes this.
  3. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    The Redverz tents are heavier than most. The functionality is what I have enjoyed in the past.
  4. Rubberlegs

Rubberlegs Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have one (original model- full size) that I used about 4 times- perfect condition that I would sell for a reasonable price. Make me an offer
  5. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that was my first Redverz tent. Sent you a pm.
  6. CavReconSGT

CavReconSGT Just the right amount of evil. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I bought the Solo tent. I love it but if I was going to do it again, I would probably buy the full size. It isn't that much bigger to transport and the extra space in the living area would be worth it I think. Not saying that you can't make it work but, I would probably do the larger.

On the Northern most point of the Hampster trail. My friends tent to the left, mine to the right.

[​IMG]

Off of the Trans-Labrador highway near Churchill falls
    [​IMG]
  7. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input.
    I have heard the size and weight reduction from the Atacama (which I previously owned) to the Solo is not that big of a difference.
    CavReconSGT likes this.
  8. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Now your making me wonder if I made the right choice with the solo. I haven't been able to set it up yet as we still have a foot of snow here and more on it's way. I did compare sleeping area size compared to my current tent and they are roughly the same. As I only Solo tent camp now (pun) I don't need huge space, just enough for the Cot and my Personal stuff in the sleeping area. Chair and other gear can go in the garage.
  9. CavReconSGT

CavReconSGT Just the right amount of evil. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah but with the cot, there is very little room to stand and turn around. Again, it works for me and love the huge working area. I often keep everything inside except the motorcycle and sit and relax in the vestibule away from the bugs and weather if necessary. My thought is that for the extra $50 and the little additions of size and weight, it is worth considering buying the full size instead of the Solo. Not knocking the Solo though, at all.

KR
    MGV8 and gpfan like this.
  10. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Anyone seen any lightly used Expedition or Aticamas for sale.... preferably in Canada?
  11. Allrpm

Allrpm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They are awesome tents great quality. Just remember that it is huge and packed weight with the ground sheet is almost 15lbs! It will take up a lot of space on your bike packed. I had one and loved it, it was just too much to pack around. I like the Hawk and If I was in that market it would be my choice.

RPM
  12. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    I have picked up a tent that I hope will take care of my needs. Tall enough to stand in, vestibule suitable for sitting in when the weather is not cooperating and weighs 10 lbs.
  13. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    And this tent is ... ?
    gpfan likes this.
  14. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Just arrived yesterday.
    Seems ok, aluminum poles, 10lbs. 70” ceiling height.
    $300.00 cdn

042744B6-04E3-40D9-BC5A-1DE784EDCCB9.jpeg
    Manny U, CavReconSGT and 250senuf like this.
  15. Adanac rider

Adanac rider O.S.T.R. 62 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anybody carried a Redverz Solo in their Mosko. B/C 35 pannier ?
  16. MGV8

Oddometer:
    Did you get to use the tent this and how was it?? Used the Solo for one 10 day trip and it was good. The sleeping area is just big enough for my cot and a few items. Took a bit to get good at putting up and putting away in the morning. Takes up a lot of space in a camp site. Once I had a system I could get it pretty small. Maybe not small enough to fit it in a Pannier but pretty compact. Having it set up for two days in the Rain at Jasper was awesome. Warm and dry. Posted pictures some where on the site!!!
    Adanac rider and CavReconSGT like this.
  17. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    I only got to use the tent once and the weather was very nice. So in saying that, I was unable to test it in the elements. Like most tents I have owned, they only pack down as small as the length of the poles.
    I would not put this tent in the same category as a Redvers, not as good quality construction, no garage and the screen is not “no-see-m” grade.
    But then again, I got what I paid for.
    MGV8 likes this.
  18. LittleMac

LittleMac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the redverz original expedition , great tent, can set up in the rain with little difficulty. Kept it to be used as a base camp. Vistibule sure is nice if the weather forces you inside for a few days.
    Cal and CavReconSGT like this.