REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! 46 th Annual BMWBMW Square Route Rally, June 4-6, 2021 Sabillasville, MD

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by eap, Feb 6, 2021.

1. eap

eap El Adventurero Solitario Supporter

Oddometer:
    REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! Pre-register here https://bmwbmw.org/rally/2021/default.html

We've got Hot Chile Friday night, BBQ (brisket and pull port plus sides and desert) from Bollingers (https://bollingersrestaurant.com/) on Saturday night, rides on twisty pavements and dirt roads, as well. We'll serve light fare with coffee for breakfast. Lunch on your own. There'll workshops both days, plus movies. the famous Tiki Bar, guest speakers and Door Prizes!

Event: BMWBMW Square Route Rally

Dates: June 4-6, 2021 (Check in starts at noon Friday, Check out by noon Sunday)

Club: BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington (BMWBMW)

Venue: Camp West Mar

Address: 14021 Brown Rd, Sabillasville, Md 21780

Coordinates:
    39° 37'56.7"N, 77° 31'27.0"W
    39° 37.945N 77° 31.45W
    39.632419, -77.524168

Description: The 46th Annual Square Route Rally is at the YMCA Camp West Mar in central Maryland's Catoctin Mountains. It's an ideal rally site, boasting bunkhouse cabins with bunkbeds, acres of camping on comfortable grass fields or under a mature tree canopy, a large dining hall, a large, open pavilion loaded with picnic tables that serves as Beer Haus & Seminar Central, and of course clean and spacious bathroom & shower houses. Your registration fees include door prize tickets, Friday’s Chili meal and a Saturday dinner of BBQ with all the trimmings. It also includes a light breakfast fare (coffee, juice, pastry, fruit, etc.) on Saturday & Sunday morning. Thirsty? We will have a variety of adult beverages available or you can bring your own. This is a great riding area in the heart of the Catoctin Mountains.

This year we have invited an Ambassador from BackCountry Discovery Routes BDR as our special guest speaker! ( https://ridebdr.com) Our rally site is as stones throw from Section 3 of the Mid-Atlantic BDR.

Please bring a face mask, we're planning a COVID 'safe as possible' event in accordance the Camp and State guidelines. (Check in starts at noon Friday, Check out by noon Sunday)

Fees: Preregistration - Adult member: $45, Adult non-member: $50, Child: $10; Camping Included, Bunkhouse $5/day; On-site registration: ADD $10. T-shirts TBD

GPS Coordinates:

39° 37'56.7"N, 77° 31'27.0"W
    39° 37.945N 77° 31.45W
    39.632419, -77.524168
    Motorcyclist and Ron_Ces like this.
  2. Capt Scoots

Capt Scoots Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's been a while since I've been to a Square Route Rally. Wasn't this always a BMW only rally, has that changed? I ask because if I ride my adventure bike it's a KTM, but if I ride my sport-touring bike it's an RT. I wouldn't want to show up on the wrong bike and have to fight my way out of there.
  3. eap

Oddometer:
    You can show up on any 2 or 3 wheeled bike but it's always good to have a bottle of bourbon or whisky in the saddle bag in case things get ugly. Hope to see you there and be sure to introduce your self. Registration page will open soon!
  4. eap

Oddometer:
    UPDATE - the Best, just got better!

The 46th Square Route Rally is a GO!

We're in a GREAT RIDING AREA for both paved scenic twisties and off-pavement opportunities.

Some features include: Camping in grassy field or optional bunkhouses (limited capacity) • Chili Dinner Friday & Catered BBQ dinner Sat • Coffee and Lite Fare Sat & Sun Morning • Beer on-site • Game & Movie Room • Guided and Self-Guided Rides • Campfire • Endless Tall Tales • Tech Help (GS-911) • Thousands of $ of Door Prizes • Optional Guide Tour Antietam Battlefield • Tech Day • BDR, First Aid, & GPS Presentations • Preregister to save money & reserve bunkhouse.

Guest speaker: Backcountry Discovery Routes (BDR) Ambassador Jack O'Conner.

Register early to lock in discounts.

https://bwmbmw.org/srr

https://bmwbmw.org/rally/2021/default.html
  5. eap

Oddometer:
    Lots of great door prizes! SRR_2021_Supporters_Page v2021-04-02 V3.jpg
  6. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Check is in the mail ! Thanks ED ! :wave
    Ron_Ces likes this.
  7. phreakingeek

phreakingeek Big Ear Inc - Virginia Provider Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    While we can't make it to the rally, we are proud to include a couple pairs of Big Ear custom earplugs for the raffle.

Big_Ear_moose_logo_small.jpg

Capt Scoots likes this.
  8. Ron_Ces

Ron_Ces Aging Hacker

Oddometer:
    A bunch of New Sweden Riders are heading over.
    Ron
  9. Ron_Ces

Ron_Ces Aging Hacker

Oddometer:
    We had a good time. Great weather.
    Ron
  10. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    Had a great time! Thanks to the hard-working folks that put this Rally on !! Awesome location and facility ..