REI Half Dome Plus tent

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by sonoran, Feb 9, 2011.

1. F150

F150 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    At 6'-5", the "plus" is a must have for me. Just wish I made more time to enjoy mine. Nothing ruins a good sleep more than a wet sleeping bag. If the foot of your bag touches the wall fabric, you will get wet.
    scot_douglas likes this.
  2. appliance57

appliance57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the older model non plus, that i use when camping with GF. Use a klymit insulated double V mattress that turns the whole thing into a bouncy house. Very comfy solid tent. I'd close the vents in high wind and rain, but it's really been just fine. Went to a BA rattlesnake 1P for the motorcycle - feels roomy and with less material to deal with, its easier to setup and take down. But, I use the HD on MC for a few years and loved it - just a slow packer so every minute counts.
  3. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    We use a plus and it's great, no complaints. Good for two cozy peple with some room for gear. Easy to erect and take down. I threw the bag away and now I just fold it to the size of my duffel and drop it in the bottom first. Best tent I have owned.
  4. WindBlast

WindBlast Sonorous and Effulgent

Oddometer:
    I had one of these for a few years and used it quite a bit. I think I only paid about $150 with the footprint. It was the best tent for $ value out there. I did sell it because I bought an Exped for $50 more which was better quality in materials and will last longer. The Half Dome is a really great bargain tent.