Rekluse Auto Clutch for F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by toro618, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Lonster

Lonster Hi Ya....

Oddometer:
    This rumor must be true......lol. :D
  2. runnin4melife

runnin4melife Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ahhhhh hahaha mo money mo problems
  3. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    come on come on come on....are we there yet?

Dear Rekluse,

As per my email, make it work and I will buy one. Soonest.

love,

Snowy.
  4. Cambi

Cambi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are they aiming/going to offer a z-Start system and what could be the target price?
    :lurk
  5. Lonster

Lonster Hi Ya....

Oddometer:

Stopped by Rekluse on Thursday and my bike had a plastic bin with all my clutch parts in it and the oil in a container beside it. Rekluse told me things were looking good for the parts mock up and still think they will have my bike back together this next week and returned as they build a prototype. Just giving you guys an quick update. No bad news here!!!! :clap
  6. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  7. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is all great. I first called Rekluse in April if they would consider building a one-off for me since they had no intension of begining R&D untill maybe 2014. So I called them everyday for about 2 weeks, then started this thread as per their advise to get an interest going. I've done some hare scramble races with this bike, and I tell you after about 45 minutes of constantly covering the clutch my left arm gets fatigued...then the race usually runs for another 45 minutes...so an hour an half of constant clutching in 2nd and 3rd gears makes the bike feel even heavier than it already is. I don't care how well conditioned a rider is, the oem clutch springs are way too stiff for hard hare scrable.enduro racing. With the addition of Rekluse, the F8 WILL make a very strong enduro bike. Some of the enduro clubs are begining to add Big Bike classes to their enduro events, so the introduction of a Rekluse clutch could not have come at a better time.

Thank you Lonster for providing your bike and time to make this happen.
  8. Lonster

Lonster Hi Ya....

Oddometer:

You are certainly welcome. I am excited to see how this going to benefit riders like you and to see the outcome. My personal riding interest with this bike probably pertains more to "sticking the bike where it doesn't really belong but not wanting to turn around because it might get easier soon....or not" I am probably going to head straight to the last place I found difficult and see what the handling difference is. BTW, I emailed Rekluse and asked about a Left Hand Rear Brake but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. Looks like I may get to play sooner than later as well as I received this email from Logan at Rekluse.

--------------snip------------------------------

Hi Logan,

Hope all is well.

Was just curious if your R&D also reviews the potential fitment of a Left hand rear brake for the bike? The handle bars are stock on my bike with added features of the Rox Risers and the Touratech hand guards. The Rox Risers install required a bit longer front brake line to avoid too tight of a stretch on the brake line when at full lock.

Stay Safe,

Lon

[FONT=&quot]Hey Lon,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Because of the geometry of the rear brake master cylinder on the 800 GS, our current LHRB kit will unfortunately not fit. The reason is that it has a remote reservoir, while our design utilizes the easily-pressurized piggyback-style reservoir found on most KTMs, Yamahas, Hondas, etc. For bikes with remote reservoirs, applying the LHRB kit will require a more involved concept, likely necessitating the manufacturing of a new replacement master cylinder from scratch. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]By the way, the EXP installation is going well in your bike. I’ve got our product installed and will be trying some setups this week. I’m excited for you to ride it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-Logan[/FONT]
  9. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Not sure why Logan is saying that but there should not be any problem in using a left hand rear brake on the F800GS - or any other bike for that matter - if you have a Rekluse fitted.

The adapter for the foot actuated master cylinder is only needed if you want to keep both the brake pedal and the LHRB. If you simply fit a brake fluid compatible master cylinder on the left and run the line all the way to the rear caliper you are obviously good to go.
  10. Lonster

Lonster Hi Ya....

Oddometer:
    My thought was that I wanted both available on the bike.
  11. hamiamham

hamiamham Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the rekluse on my bike - a 650 single - and its a great product. I believe you can have a left-hand brake (long lever) and a baby short lever for the clutch; both on the left side.
  12. MitchG

MitchG Iron Collector

Oddometer:
    Yes, yes you can. It's a great setup BTW(although it necessitates a bit of parts sourcing).
  13. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lurk so do I get a prototype also?!? :ear :lol3
  14. Camel ADV

Camel ADV Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you have a pic of that set-up or is it the same as the Rekluse? Never used one but it looks like it'd be awkward.

http://www.rekluse.com/brake.shtml
  15. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I covered the left brake/clutch combo a while back, I'll have to look for the links but there's an Aussie company that makes them. I think they're worth a bit, but by all accounts they transform things.

I'll get back to you.
  16. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    I assume you mean the CLAKE?
  17. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    oh, yeah, that's it. I got side tracked.

Not so much for the Rekluse, but another option.

Horribly expensive, if I remember correctly.

I think ones money would be best spent on something like the Rekluse before spending on something like the Clake.

Even spending money on the suspension will make the bike more manageable off road, and is a priority over items like the Clake.

But if you had more money than you knew what to do with....yeah sure.
  18. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    The CLAKE is $1200 or something like that. IMO it seems like it would be awkward, kinda gimmicky but like I said I have no experience with it. Maybe it's the greatest add on ever :dunno
  19. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    apparently it's really cool once you get used to it.

Basically the first part of the clutch lever stroke operates the clutch, and the next part of the pull operates the rear brake. Achieved with cams and a dual output hydraulic master cylinder.

I found some calipers off an older Honda that had dual braking set up. 2 sets of pistons operated by separate hydraulic circuits. So I could have 2 separate hydraulic inputs to the one caliper on the rear. One ABS, one non ABS?

I figured I could use the rekluse and have a bar mounted rear brake while still having the foot operated rear brake and ABS. Maybe incorporate the 2 in another way. Join the hydraulic circuits?

A little bit of lever pull gives you some brake, a lot of lever pull gives more brake and some clutch? Just a thought.

there are holes all over my plan. Like using the front brake in ABS mode while using a non ABS rear brake would still cause the ABS to intervene on the front wheel because it's still seeing a wheel locking signal from the rear sensor. I think.
  20. Snowy

Snowy Long timer

Oddometer:
    actually it would be the opposite. Parallel hydraulic circuits, the one with the least resistance would operate first, so the clutch would operate, and then the brake.

Maybe.