Sold Remus header pipe

Discussion in 'Parts' started by Vbeemer46, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Vbeemer46

Vbeemer46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Remus header pipe - $300 OBO

Attached Files:

2. revitup

revitup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is remapping required?
  3. Vbeemer46

Vbeemer46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    sorry not sure what you mean by remapping. I'm not sure if they had to change anything with the fuel / air mixture when they put it on. It should just bolt on. I can tell you it made a big difference. Would have loved to keep it but its just a little different on the 09. I did keep the pipe
  4. neoned

neoned master fabricator-

Oddometer:
    i'm in if this fits the 08- But I can't find any info on the fitment---does anybody know if the pipe will align with the stock on a 08?

thanks,

e
  5. HunSolo

HunSolo Mad Monk Supporter

Oddometer:
    Should be fine on any hex or cam head GS '05-'12. I've moved them around without issue except on the HP2's.
  6. adammtb

adammtb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mount where the "y" comes together looks different than images I've seen online, but according to what I've found it should fit "all BMW R1200GS and GSA's years 2004-2013 (Non Water-Cooled)"

@Vbeemer46 what do you mean by "Would have loved to keep it but its just a little different on the 09."? What bike did the header come off of, and what were you trying to put in on?

Also, 2nd dibs if neoned doesn't want it.
  7. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    Yes it will any of Hexheads '05-'09...
  8. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Won't fit '10-'13 Camheads as they have the flapper thus slip-on has larger dia comparing to this header to fit properly...
  9. adammtb

adammtb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, what you are saying is that it will fit the bike, but the exhaust flapper and muffler from a Camhead won't fit this header?? That makes sense, but what is interesting is that this header is sold as fitting the 2005-2013 GSs:

"Remus Stainless Steel High Performance Headers for BMW R1200GS/A Motorcycles

Sized to fit all BMW R1200GS and 2004-2103 GSAs (non-water-cooled), these stainless steel Remus headers install easily and work with OEM stock exhausts, Remus Slip-Ons and many other aftermarket canisters."

Another way to look at this is if this header is to be used on a Camhead, then an aftermarket slip-on is need ;-)
  10. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    In a word, yes :D

The info on the header is not correct - should read that fits any 2005-2009 GS/As... This header will require slip-on for Hexhead to work on Camhead… Alternatively, a visit to local muffler shop and some sort of an adapter (enlarger) will do the trick with removal of flapper... :deal
  11. revitup

revitup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ya I agree with Lead Wrist. I have a Remus fitted now and just replaced my stock exhaust infront of the Flapper. The Remus fits onto the back of the flapper. The Flapper's housing is very beefy 1/8" steel bout 4 "long. Both ends of the Flapper are males. My bet is to have everything all line up, the Flapper might have to be remove and replaced with a 4" section of pipe (use existing clamps) having the correct outer diameters.
  12. Vbeemer46

Vbeemer46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello all. When I bought my 09 the dealer told me the remus header would not fit. That is the only reason I put it up for sale . Now knowing it probably would have fit I guess I should have kept it. O well I already posted an add so it is still available. No firm offers yet. It will probably cost $50 or more to ship it. Parts all located in Cedar Falls Iowa
  13. adammtb

adammtb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sir, I think the important missing info is what motorcycle did the header specifically come off of? What year and model bike?

If it was an 1100/1150 then yes the dealer was correct. If it was another oil cooled 1200 then the information provided here by other members should, along with the information about what bike the header was taken off of, be sufficient to help facilitate a sale.
  14. Vbeemer46

Vbeemer46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My apologies. My original post listed that it came off a 2005 but I did not read the rules close enough. I also said I was parting it out. They told me they needed to delete that part of the add and gave me advice on listing future parts. Sorry but the remus header is now sold.