Reno contacts needed

Discussion in 'Americas' started by VARider67, Jul 15, 2020.

1. VARider67

VARider67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm riding the TAT this September and after Port Orford I am heading to Reno to spend a few days and then fly home. I also need to make arrangements to store my bike somewhere until it can be picked up to ship home. I have contacted a few cycle dealers but no one has gotten back to me. Does anyone have any contacts in Reno that might be able to assist? if it's a dealer, I don't mind throwing in some work, I'm sure the bike will need some TLC like and oil change, valve check, maybe tires, etc. A storage fee is also fair.

I plan to be in Reno at the end of September and will need to drop the bike off Oct 3rd.
  2. sharpie1

sharpie1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try Moto Source, I think they have a decent size shop. Or Nevada Adventure Rentals. RMS is a good shop, but I doubt they'd want to store a bike, worth a shot though.

How are you arranging shipping? I could store a bike for a little while if it came to it.
    Rips Millar likes this.
  3. squidchief

squidchief Long timer

Oddometer:
    Swing over to regional forums (the west) and ask again. There's some good folks from the Reno area that post there fairly often. One might be able to help out.
    Rips Millar likes this.
  4. VARider67

Oddometer:
    hey guys, sorry for the delayed reply... had to get some ducks in a row first. I called Nevada Adventure Rentals, they said they could make it work but since I also wanted the bike to be services they suggested Big Valley Honda. I called Big Valley and they were more than happy to help out, so I have plans with them. I had also left a voicemail for Moto Source and they called back and were also willing to help. So basically everyone I talked to was great and more than happy to help.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  5. oneway

oneway Tehachapi CA

Oddometer:
    Now.....since you have that settled, go to JJ’s pie co for some of the best pizza on the planet. (And no I’m not affiliated) as a matter of fact I live about 500 miles away. You can thank me later.
    sharpie1 likes this.
  6. oneway

oneway Tehachapi CA

Oddometer:
  7. VARider67

Oddometer:
    Haha thanks Oneway! I grew up outside of Philly and enjoy a good pizza. I enjoy comparing different areas to see how they stack up. Cheesesteaks are my favorite though.... hard to find a good one around here.
  8. oneway

oneway Tehachapi CA

Oddometer:
    The Valdez or the baja with ranch & honey. It’ll be different than you’ve had before. I NEVER pass thru reno without hitting this place, and neither do the people I’ve taken there.
  9. VARider67

Oddometer:
    Thanks, that's the kind of info that makes a trip epic.