Rent a Motorcycle in San Francisco

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Lestat, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Lestat

Lestat Lestat

Oddometer:
    Hi, this is my first post here, I'm from Brazil and I'll be going to San Francisco next week. I'm thinking about renting a Motorcycle and go for a one or two day ride.

I have no idea how does it work, even if it is possible to rent a bike, I'm thinking in a BMW GS1200 or a KTM 950 adv. Do I need any kind of international license drive ? If someone from SF could help me would be great.

This site is awsome, here is Brazil I have a Yamaha XTZ 750 Super Tenere, my Dream bike is a KTM 950.

regards,
  2. bigmizzle

bigmizzle Grease Pirate

Oddometer:
    go to pashnittours.com they have more info than you can possibly digest

and also pashnit.com is how you find out WHERE to ride.

should answer all your questions
  3. Just_Sean

Just_Sean herewegoagain

Oddometer:
    I can't think of anyone who rents KTM..the only BMW rental around here is Dubbelju http://www.dubbelju.com/

They will tell you what you need for a rental, basically, you need to have an equivalent license (motorcycle class) There's nothing specific in California law about having an international driver's license, but it helps since it's printed in English (not too many cops can read Portuguese) That and your passport, and you should be good.
  4. Jabba

Jabba "HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer:
    Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
    I just rented from Dubbelju for 12 days for the MotoGP at Laguna. I had a 1150 RT- But they had GS's that they rent also. They did a fine job and were very easy to work with. They'll mark a map for you, too- and they know the roads to ride! If I were going for one (long!) day from there, I'd head to Yosemite and do a loop including Sonoran pass~ Best road of my 3000 mile trip~ North coast back to Sonoma was nice, too. One other thing- if you're going to ride along the coast, don't assume that it will be warm! It was in the 50's in July!!! That cold current really screws with the climate- the ocean was 53 degrees when I was there just a month ago!!! Have fun!
  5. Lestat

Lestat Lestat

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all precious informations, I'll sure get the bike for one or two days. I'll arrive in SF on Agust 7, but I'll available to ride between august 11 and 13.

If someone from SF wanna go for a ride, send me an email cenetto@gmail.com.

[​IMG]

I'm the stand-up guy, my bike is the third one, the most beautifull as you can see :)

Cheers,