Rent a Track Loader/Skid Steer (Twin Cities, MN)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by gpack, Sep 20, 2019.

1. gpack

gpack Yamaha-er

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

I had a feeler out on Craigslist locally, but someone kept flagging it for some reason. As well have a post on Fb Marketplace. I wanted to post here to see if you guys had any connections. Worst case, I have to sell my bike to get this covered.

We are needing to cleanup/rebuild a retaining wall collapse in our driveway that occurred back in March. The main thing we need at the moment to get started moving forward is a skid steer/track loader. The large stones seen piled have been moved, so it is only river rock and dirt in the way right now.

The entire build will be coming out of pocket as insurance does not cover a collapse. Needless to say, we are not in a position financially to be spending thousands of dollars to do this or have a landscaper do it. New materials will be used as well some other yard work (grading, brush removal) will occur while having the machine on our property to make things easier. The material in the photo will not be reused.

If you or someone you know has a skid steer or track loader (prefer tracks) they would be willing to let us use on our property and we pay round trip delivery/pickup, fuel, and a use fee, this would be so great. We already contacted local rentals, but $2800 is way too high for us. We would need to keep it for about two weeks due to time constraints allowing for working on this project. Located in north St. Paul. Feel free to post here and please excuse my error if this is not the sort of thing to post here or if posted in the incorrect forum :/

-Gary

01414_6IGxbCGdjnW_1200x900.jpg
  2. plumber mike

plumber mike Highdive Deepened

Oddometer:
    Why don’t you just go down to the local equipment rental place....or better yet....find some young and willing yutes. It doesn’t look like anything a strapping young man, a shovel and a wheelbarrow couldn’t accomplish.
    sieg likes this.
  3. gpack

gpack Yamaha-er

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. Local rentals want $2800 for two weeks of use at 80 hours run time (which we will not be using for the charged 80 run time at all). We will also need it to move dirt from sloping the hill to our house perimeter for grading as well pluck a few large shrubs. Much more than a wheelbarrow/shovel situation for us :(
  4. plumber mike

plumber mike Highdive Deepened

Oddometer:
    Ouch. Might try regional forums here.
  5. gpack

gpack Yamaha-er

Oddometer:
    Big ouch. Thanks for the suggestion. I will see about posting there (no intent to double post this).
  6. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can see why it collapsed. Did you contact the moron that built it to see if he would fix it?
  7. gpack

gpack Yamaha-er

Oddometer:
    Definitely evident. Previous owners...tried = nothing. Insurance = best wishes, declined.
  8. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    You originally posted in the flea market. From the flea market rules: No outside links: Craigslist, eBay, Kiji... Mentioning sales on these sites, or others, will be treated the same way as if you posted the link; we will remove the thread. Similarly, if you state that it is listed locally or employ some other linguistic gymnastics, the thread will be removed. This also applies to WTB ads. Directing people to these sites will result in the removal of your posts, as well as thread, forum, or site bans for those who do it repeatedly.
    sieg likes this.