Renting adress for Salta and Ushuaia or private renting if any?

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by JohnnyTheRocket, Apr 25, 2019.

1. JohnnyTheRocket

JohnnyTheRocket Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everybody !

My girlfriend and I, plan to fly to Argentina in November and spend a full month riding in amazing landscapes and unknown places, on a motorcycle.

We will first stay 10 days in Salta then we will take an internal fly and ride around Ushuia during 15 days. .

We want to ride a lot throught the hinterland and want also sleep in our tent, be nomads.

We are therefore looking for two renting agencies, one in Salta and one in Ushuaia.

Do you have reliable adresses ?

We saw MotoAlquilerSalta who proposes 70$ per day for a Honda 400 NX, but I find it horribly expensive for this kind of piece of c**p.

Do you know riders from this forum who are ready to rent their personnal bike ?

The idea would be to benefit a real traveling motorcycle for reasonable price.

I could offer the possibilty of an exchange here in France with my motorcyle, a KTM 950 Adventure fully equiped, or with any amicably way that could exist and make such a trip possible.

I precise that I am a ultra careful and cosious rider, a mechanical lover and pretty reasonable good mechanic.

Thank you very much to everyone for any response and enjoy !

Cheers !
  2. JohnnyTheRocket

Oddometer:
    Dear All,

Good morning, I found a nice shop that rent bikes in Salta (Argentina), and it is booked for 10 days. It is a Honda 400 NX with the aluminium luggages and I am quite happy.

However, I am still looking for solution for Ushuaia ! Does anyone has a clue ? It could be Ushuaia, or Rio Gallegos, or even Punta Arenas in Chile.

Please, I need help !

Thank you very much !

Best Regards !
  3. markharf

markharf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't know anything about renting motorbikes in Ushuaia, but you might take into account the fact that there's not really much riding there--the immediate area is nice, but there are only a few roads and none (aside from Ruta 3 coming in from the mainland) longer than 15 miles or so. The town itself is unremarkable, and even the hiking in the park is fairly limited.

Once you cross the pass out of town you might as well be almost anyplace else in Patagonia. All things being equal, I'd probably rent a car or just take taxis, which are plentiful.

If you're ranging further, there are also border crossings to consider. Rentals and international borders might be problematic.

Hope that's helpful.
  4. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    If you don't mind my asking how much did you end up paying?
  5. JohnnyTheRocket

Oddometer:
    Dear @markharf thank you for this response. I hear what you're saying, but my way to travel is on a motorcycle, even if there are no roads. I have unfortunately have to deal with a place with no bikes to rent, or at least no 200$/day bikes.. I will keep searching, until a certain point that will lead me to rent a 4x4....What a pity..

Dear @JRWooden; I booked a 400 Nx for 55 $/ day during 12 days !
    JRWooden likes this.
  6. Secret Agent Man

Secret Agent Man Globe Trotter

Oddometer:
    Like JRWooden, I too was curious at what you paid for your Honda 400 NX rental.....$55 a day seems very reasonable. Would you mind giving us the name of the dealer where you rented or, even better, a link to their website? My wife and I will be in S. America starting in late Oct. and the $7 K Canadian return price (From Vancouver) is too rich for our blood....reasonably priced renting might work for us.
    Thanks in advance JohnnyTheRocket, best of luck finding what you're looking for in Ushuaia.
  7. JRWooden

JRWooden Homeless motorcycle vagabond ... and ... loving it

Oddometer:
    Thanks @JohnnyTheRocket

Just to be sure .... :photog that $55 is in USD?
  8. Corn Fed

Corn Fed Son of Carl

Oddometer:
    Not sure if you are still looking or not, but I'm planning a trip in the far south and found this in Punta Arenas, Chile -
    https://patagoniarider.com/en