Replacing Fbucket pictures-ADV won't even let me remove placeholders

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by Doogle, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Doogle

Doogle Do it while you can

Oddometer:
    I've been replacing photobucket placeholders in my threads. I had some old posts that were very long. My first RR was in 2009, 2 years after I rode the TAT. I jammed it all into one post.
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/transamerica-trail-2007.534252/
    As I have been going through and replacing the Fbucket placeholders, I get an error saying the message is too long. And I should shorten it. How and why is this necessary? If the original pictures fit, why would the replacement pictures be any different?

I replaced many placeholders with pictures.But I must have reached some unknown limit. I've finished about 1/3 of the RR. I decided I would go in edit and remove 20 placeholders at the end of the RR, to see if it would let me add anymore pictures. After backspacing 20 pictures out, I try to save it. I get the same message- error message is to long. After doing the same process again-selecting many placeholders to delete- I am unexpectedly taken out of edit mode with no changes.

I guess I could do a reply and have the second third of the RR at the end of the post. But then all of the comments would be out of place. I'm sure others have had this same issue. But I can't find how others dealt with it. After 8 years of writing RR's, I am just now discovering the AskBaldy section. I prefer to be back up in the Ride Report area.
  2. Eddieb

Eddieb Long timer

Oddometer:
    The forum software has changed from Vbulletin to Xenforo in the time between your original post and now so you are probably hitting a limit that exists in Xenforo but didn't exist in Vbulletin.
  3. Doogle

Oddometer:
    Vbulletin and Xenforo must be 2 new words I need to add to my vocabulary. Would anyone know where I could learn the rules and limits so I can still play?
  4. Doogle

Oddometer:
    I copy and pasted the last 2/3 from my RR and added it at the end of the thread. Then I added pictures from Flickr. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And it was good to go through the RR again.
    Thanks