The bike is awesome. The handling is intuitive, it feels like factory geometry, not like a prototype where handling idiosyncrasies must be accounted for. The carburetor still is not right. I purchased the bike with a big bore kit and I modified the air box significantly. I am not a carburetor expert (and neither was the previous owner who put the bore kit on) so it is a learning process for me. The big bore kit throws off everyone elses input on how to setup a DRZ400e carb and what I did find is no longer applicable due to the airbox not flowing as well. The local KTM shop is excellent and they are amused by this project but a 2001 carb is so out of date that they can’t really help much. When I started it would not idle at all. It would start and run but stopsigns and traffic lights were annoying with all the throttle blipping. Additionally, the bike took 30 minutes of riding before warming up and once warm, it wouldn’t run for shit. The idle jet was way too rich and after moving to a 38(?) and adding a remote mixture screw, I have the bottom end power where I want it. The bike now behaves well everywhere except 3/4 throttle in a steady state. If I am accelerating through, no problem. If I hold at 3/4, the engine missfires sporadically. This is worse when it is warm out leading me to believe I need a needle with a fatter straight diameter. I don’t know for sure and I’ll address the issue next spring. I think the bike has a bit more power to offer and my best fuel milage so far has been 45mpg but with the current tune it is hovering at 39mpg so there is work to do yet. The headlight is pointed about 5 degrees to the right. In retrospect I know when in the fabrication process I fucked up (welding the tabs on the ring) but I didn’t know I was being sloppy at the time. I can’t simply make new tabs because the top adjustable slot’s geometry is driven by the inaccuracies in the side tabs. I’ll cut the triple tree mounts and re-weld them this winter to correct it. The seat is still the shitty/malfitting KTM part I started with. I thought I’d need to fiberglass a new pan but more thinking leads me to believe I can get away with modifying this one. Either way I need new foam because this foam is completely dead. It was bad new, it was worn out two years ago, now I am just white-trashing along on a garbage seat. I will have to pull the bike off the road for a few weeks to fix it so that is a “this winter” thing too. The speedometer cable shit the bed again. The way I was attaching it was causing the copper conductor to split without cutting the insulation. I spliced it back together and will need to buy a new one eventually. No other issues come to mind. The bike sits about an inch higher than the KTM, I have to really try to get both feet flat on flat ground. The giant loop bag was way better than panniers on the trail. Even in the incompletely tuned state it currently lives in, it is a much more responsive bike than what I had. I doubt it’d be a dealbreaker for me but I’d probably pick a stock bore over the 440 if I were given a choice and everything else were equal, I am in uncharted territory tuning wise and I can’t see land from where I am. I have learned a ton but this is like a self taught college course rather than one with a professor. If I were to build another bike (and you know I will) I would NOT use weatherpak connectors. I was happy with the Furukawa connectors from Eastern Beaver and would base the bulk of my connectors on that system.