Request from any creative entrepreneurs

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CaptGS, Nov 8, 2019 at 4:09 PM.

1. CaptGS

CaptGS '18 R1200GSA

Oddometer:
    For the love of God can somebody come up with a precut templates made from 3M type film to cover the GS or GSA bikes plastic sections to change color of the bikes. So we can convert a blue bike red or, white one to black etc. and so on.

Or even cover our bikes with same color film just to protect the original paint.

I am looking to change my Red 18 GSA to Black. I checked the film guys they are asking $800, BMW sells those two flimsy plastic pieces for $1050 + Tax and on top of it service wants $200-300 to remove the red ones to replace with those black pieces. So $1250 - $1350 for that method.
    My quote for painting those pieces were also around $1000- $1100 including removal of the pieces, painting and reinstalling.

If a company made some precut covers for those 2 parts I will be happily fork over $500 today but no avail.
    I was wondering how much the cost will be for a laser cut 3M film for those 2 little piece? $50 or $100...???
    Here's an opportunity for an entrepreneur to make 500% profit with an easy to produce product, easy to stock and easy to ship.

C'mon entrepreneurs, this is a different kind of adventure?
    Any takers?
    :ricky
  2. DualDawg

DualDawg Been here a while

Oddometer:
    You might have some luck posting up for a trade with someone that want to go red. Then It’s all factory as well. Seems like an easy part to swap out yourself or maybe with help from another inmate close to you if needed.
    sieg likes this.
  3. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why not use the wraps? All kinds of colors out there.
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  4. redolga

redolga Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ride down to Mexico and have a body shop repaint your panels...shouldn't cost you more than $300.
  5. PaulBarton

PaulBarton Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have you looked at signaturecd.com?

Lot's of options and for $500 they can likely do a "custom" one to suit your needs.
  6. CaptGS

CaptGS '18 R1200GSA

Oddometer:
    I guess you missed what I mentioned in my post. I checked that option but my quote was $800 for covering that 2 tiny area on a GSA. For love of God we are not covering a Van. It is 6 inch wide 2 feet long piece and a 1 ft wide by 1,5 ft long another piece. I don't think 3' by 2' 3M film covering should be costing $800.-
    I am not handy with that kind of stuff. If I were I'll buy the material and do it myself but... Oh well... :(
  7. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    I think I may be just the "creative entrepreneur" you're looking for!

Give me 10 bucks and about 15 minutes and your bike will never look the same.

[​IMG]
    :photog
    PaulBarton and Jaws like this.
  8. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    First, save a few $$ by taking the parts off yourself:

Then talk to a few more paint shops. Black is such a common color that it is done pretty much weekly. Repainting your plastics would take an insignificant amount of paint, so they could easily slip it in to another job. You should be able to get it done for easily less than $500.
  9. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
    i'm with flei, you can rattle can a 95% perfect finish for $50 bucks with a little work on your end. or even plastidip it if you don't want the commitment of actual paint. i have 'dipped parts on my wife's car that still look great after 7 years.
    szurszewski likes this.
  10. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :nod

Colorite has automotive quality spray paint and clear that looks great and is reasonably priced. I did my wife's panniers and they came out fine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A also used Rustoleum Automotive paint and clear on a few projects:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, for $150 I used a single stage auto paint and $10 HF spray gun and did my own.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]