1. eNewsletter Sign Up

RESOLVED - Anyone know who can help get a motorcycle off a mountain?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by TK-LA, Oct 24, 2011.

1. vtwin

vtwin Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer:
    Nice to see Advriders helping out. Good karma all around.
  2. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    i thought you were stuck on single track?!??:dunno

so how did the quad get in?
  3. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:
    I don't know about single track, but iT is, technically, a motorcycle only trail, according to the signs. Apparently it gets worse after the picnic tables.
  4. AustinJake

AustinJake DR650 - Versys

Oddometer:
    Man, you guys ARE new here aren't you.

Keep reading, you'll find there are about 3 dozen guys (not me) who can say and do anything on this site they want, and they will never get banned, and yeah, it's their site because they made it theirs, you'll find out....

Anytime there is food, there's gonna be pics of the food, how many ride reports have you read?
  5. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    Ya... all this ban'm crap...

If folk's can't take alittle banter along the way their not going to be happy here
    they should find a buyer for their bike and move along
  6. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    NMBMN said there's a great bunch of guys on the BMW site. They're nice and polite just like him :lol3
  7. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:
    Don't let the secret out, but Windrat is actually a nice guy
  8. Fast Ferris

Fast Ferris Shift Shaper

Oddometer:
    Nice! :D
  9. sopascat

sopascat not much of an adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ah come on, you can't really expect anyone to believe that :D
  10. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:

Very cool that the bikes were recovered, funny about the "note" that someone had left.................they could have done worse, they were cool and had a sense humor :lol3

OK, the hell with the bike pics.........................how about more pics of the waitress :D
  11. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow, you are new here aren't you? Why don't you spend a little time and read up on some older posts here......................and if this or other post upsets YOU, then maybe this site is not for you :1drink

Really? :oscar
  12. Mario Shi

Mario Shi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Trailboss" Darryl is a badass. I wanna be just like him when I grow up! :lol3
  13. RAZR

Oddometer:
    :lol3:rofl:poser:oscar:huh:D:lol3:lol3
  14. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    I luv Razr... he's going to color my hair and give me a make over :feelgood
    I'll still be and old fart but I'll look younger :rayof
  15. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bullshit. It was Notmybike. No whodunnit.
  16. Autocracy

Autocracy KLR = Trials bike?

Oddometer:
    Alright, chime in time after reading the whole thread...

I've gotten <a href="http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16621442#post16621442">stuck</a> this year and had to hike out too. Took somebody else to tug on the bike while I rode it up... no big deal, but kind of embarrassing on my own. From that, I know very much what it feels like to get dehydrated and lose all your strength to pick it up. Won't judge you for leaving something when you got in over your head.

I've also definitely taken some unsuited bikes down the <a href="http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16689764#post16689764">wrong terrain</a>.

If I were near you, I'd have definitely gone over and helped extract. I'm going to tell you, though, that what you're on is not single-track (that'd be only the width of your handlebars to work with -- one moto tire track down the way), and the only challenging part shown by your photos is the street tires. You got tired and dehydrated and then psyched yourself out after you recovered (via helicopter!), probably because riding on that with road tires is hard work over a long period of time (<a href="http://gallery.ninja250.org/grouprides/ma-rides/alans2008/autocracy/IMG_9785.jpg.html">I've done that too</a>).

If you went back there and went at it, I think you'd have done just fine riding it out yourself unless there's something more than what those photos show. No fault for taking extra people just in case, but you sure did turn this into something of a big fish looking for "A" class riders.
  17. RAZR

Oddometer:

nah, but watch this video and you can do it yourself. (but send in your wife:deal)

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cIFylxeoPBI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
  18. KLRUSERIOUS?

KLRUSERIOUS? Farkle-whore

Oddometer:
    Great show fellas, glad to see the ADV crowd is good for more than just abusing noobs.

You have officially redeemed yourself and this thread.
  19. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Really?.............................:huh

Seriously?...............................:ddog

Was the gate open? If so, why didn't someone just drive a pick up truck out and laod the bikes up? There's not a lick of single track there and nothing that looks even slightly difficult even for a street bike.

Wait............................................Hold on........................................I know you're all thinking it, but I said it.

So now I'm the :asshat...........................................Yay for me!:clap

Glad you got the bikes out though. But there's a reason why it's illegal to yell FIRE in a theatre, I just can't recall what it is.

Now someone please take this thread away, because like a car wreck, I just can't look away. :rofl
  20. Escaped

Escaped Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am glad the bikes got rescued by the ADV crown and the thread by the pictures! :D

The only serious mistake made by the riders was not taking enough water; every thing else ended up as an amusing adventure.