1. eNewsletter Sign Up

RESOLVED - Anyone know who can help get a motorcycle off a mountain?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by TK-LA, Oct 24, 2011.

1. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:
    Um...what?

From the MC gate, (two metal poles driven into the ground, just big enough for that ATV to get through, but not a truck), to the bikes was a 3 mile hike. And for fuck's sake, forgive me if I called it a single track. Well ain't I just the fucking jerk for not knowing exactly the dimensions of what qualifies as a single track? How far off was I? One foot, three feet? What is the exact dimensions in order to call it "single track"? I will be 100% sure to double check with you before I post anything, ever again. But refresh my memory: When did I ever claim to be anything but what I am? I think, maybe, the state of California should post you at the start of every dirt trail so you can personally approve each rider.

Oh, and I did NOT yell Fire. I admitted we could not get out...and we couldn't. As I've stated a thousand times, it was no problem for an experience rider, but above our level. WTF, man?

I asked for help, some upstanding guys can through and saved our shit. Sorry not everyone in the world is as fucking cool as you.

OH MY GOD, you're being FORCED to read this thread?!?!?! Jesus Christ!! I'm so sorry. If I had know that advrider.com was forcing you to read this I would have written it differently.
  2. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:

Absolutely! Water would have changed the entire day.
  3. AustinJake

AustinJake DR650 - Versys

Oddometer:
    I'd bet the mortgage that the autographer is a poster on this thread.
  4. Earl999

Earl999 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great pix, and the story ends well! :clap

Just where exactly is that trail and does it dead end, or loop back to the 33?

I'd like to ride that before the rain/snow starts!

Thanks.
  5. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:
    One end is at Mile Marker 38 or so off the 33 and from there it loops South and East to Wheeler Gorge.
    If you go on Bing Maps and enter: Cherry Creek Road, Ojai, CA you can see the ends. BTW, some riders who happened by said the trail from where we ended down to Wheeler Gorge is getting grown over, so brush guards would be helpful. Some Ojai and SB area riders are actually planning a maintenance trip soonish to clean it up.
  6. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:
    Maybe, but that Ojai area has a lot of good riders that ride that trail, but whoever it was, props to them for respecting our goods.
  7. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:

this is singletrack:deal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:
    These two are NO track!
  9. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    barely!
  10. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
    my point is, if a quad can ride it (or get thru the gate) its not singletrack.

your pictures look like loose forest roads.
  11. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:

Again, I'm no expert and I never claimed to be. A lot was more narrow than a road, the hills were steep and the rocks many. To me, it looked single.
  12. Motohead1

Motohead1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I give you guys credit for getting out on the trail and exploring. Ever see the sidelines of a MX track with guys wearing the Fox outfits and stickers on their bikes? Notice how the fast guys have torn jerseys and scratched up plastic? I like that you guys are out cutting trail and not a Poser. Thats more than some people on these boards can say.

So be proud and know that exploring can get you in trouble, it comes with the territory.
  13. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    If this makes you feel any better, I do stupid things also (All of the time, just ask anyone who knows me) and I'm the first to poke fun at myself for it. And each time I have had some good people there to help me out.

Javier, BouncingBilly, Noel and Joel helped me dig this out....................

[​IMG]

Lior, Wally and others helped me tear my bike apart to dry it out on the trail on this one........

[​IMG]

That's me with all of the blood all over me..........................................

<IFRAME src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/1339978093_tPdG8k2?width=640&height=480" frameBorder=0 width=640 scrolling=no height=480></IFRAME>

And that day ended like this...........................

[​IMG]

And luckily, I was with Noel (Dunerat) and Peter (TheGrinch) when this happened to hand me a beer and a Vicodin and load my bike up so I could drive to the hospital (the next morning)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So you see, I don't think I'm that cool. If I did, would I be posting this embarrassing crap? :lol3 And there's much more.
  14. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    TK, this thread has me conflicted.

On the one hand, I've been there, gave up and called for help. Certainly I think we should be unafraid to do so here on the board.

On the other hand, boy, That doesn't look like that bad a trail, and certainly not one to be choppered out of.

This thread is going to go out of hand if you keep egging them on. My advice to you is to go out and ride, a LOT more, with a bigger group. LA weekend ride is a great place to get some experience, and maybe that will bring a different perspective.
  15. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    And don't get me started with all of your antics.................................:rofl :clap
  16. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    Can we get the two of you together to go on a trip, that ride report would become legend unto itself, might even prompt a version of being "205'ed" in your honor.

Something like...did you just xymoticize yourself? or something like that...

:lol3

I would pay to read that one.....
  17. TK-LA

TK-LA SoCal Rider

Oddometer:

We never asked for the Chopper, we asked for directions and the CHP dispatcher shot the request into the extremes.
  18. notmybikemodelname

Oddometer:
    I think the time we did ride together in the CNF, Aaron rode his bike off the side of the road and had to be evacuated by ambulance............:clap
  19. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not really relevant. I guess what I'm trying to say is the first rule of being stuck in a hole is to stop digging.:deal

ps, this is single track:
    [​IMG]

I guess the ire you raised is that I consider myself a C class rider, and I got through that, solo. You had two guys and called for some Dakar racer types to move your bikes 3 miles.

Perspective. But it seems, even to myself that I'm piling on and I really do not want to do that. so I'm gonna sign off. Though I do agree with Rob, this thread is kinda like Crack. Soon, someone might 'make me' have to go to a dark place.
  20. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    jeeeeeez, pu-leeeeeease, how much longer are these guys going to be beat with the wet noodle?

They made a mistake :(:, got help form a few sympathetic and single track experienced ADV'ers, came out relatively unscathed with their bikes, so they learned their lesson (1/2 of it beaten into them!):dhorse

Time to go ride, I'm moving on to new threads now :D